Flight KJFK - LFPG with F-BVFB videos 1440p

Jip van Kuijk

Jip van Kuijk

Hey guys I flew KJFK to LFPG with F-BVFB and recorded it and posted it on youtube in 1440p resolution.

You can watch the video's here:

Concorde KJFK-LFPG [Preparations, Take Off and Initial Climb] (Part 1)     

Concorde KJFK-LFPG [Transonic and Supersonic climb] (Part 2)     

Concorde KJFK-LFPG [Supersonic Cruise] (Part 3)     

Concorde KJFK-LFPG [Supersonic Cruise and Calibrating INS using DME/VOR] (Part 4)     

Concorde KJFK-LFPG [Calibrating INS, Descend, and CAT II ILS landing ] (Part 5)     

I have tried doing everything as 'accurate' as possible with the details and knowledge I have gathered by watching tutorials and the documentation online.

I do set my transition altitude at 7000 feet because I have set FSpassengers this way. 

Please do correct me when you see things that should be done differently etc. Because I love learning and want to improve!

For fun a screenshot attached with my own repaint with correct specular maps and colours and text on the aircraft. (will be available for download once finished fully)

Messages-Image1913576050.jpeg

Hi. I took a look at the first video. Nice one :)

I guess that you should try to maintain higher speed during initial climb. You were at 220 kt at 4000' and you should never be below 250 : it can easily mean more power for less speed until you haven't enough power reserve just to keep vario at 0.

Maybe stay longer in hand flying : when well managed, it's really easier than we imagine and very fun too.

Ideal vertical AP mode for those procedures is in my opinion PITCH HOLD. If you assign buttons to the AP datum, it's great to adjust your attitude and speed before going on IAS HOLD

MAX CLIMB is best to be engaged after you managed to fly near VMO.

At last and maybe the more important thing: the noise procedure especially for 31L at JFK can be a nice challenge for you ;) I guess that with a so long reheat time and turns to the right right above the buildings wouldn't be appreciated by the neighbourhood :D

The Canarsie Procedure is very well explained here.

Regards.

• Like 1
Fraser Gale

I too have watched your first video.

a couple of things I noticed:

1. You should only start one engine at a time, as they need to be monitored until they are at ground idle

2. You were pushing back before two engines were at ground idle which could have caused loss of AC electrics and list you all your INS data

3. You over rotated beyond the 13.5 degrees that would be roughly correct for that runway, which is probably why you heard the pitch trim bell.

I am being picky but hopefully it helps, 31L takes practice!

Frazz

• Like 1
Fraser Gale

Also,

no flight directors for departures as they weren't certified for use below 200ft unless in conjunction with an automatic approach/landing. 

Take-offs are visual until rotation, when they become raw data instrument manoeuvres. That's what makes it fun!

Frazz

• Like 1
Jip van Kuijk

Thanks for all the tips, these things make flying it fun and interesting to learn!

I mean once you know what buttons to press everyone can fly Concorde, but flying it by the 'rules' makes it more interesting and fun!

I'm going to try follow the tips you gave me! :)

Fraser Gale

You are very welcome. I like helping to keep this bird alive so just ask and I will try to help.

She thrives on accurate flying which is why all the crews loved flying her. 

When things are going well, she's easy, when they start going wrong you need to think fast and think correctly!

Frazz

Jip van Kuijk

Today I flew her LFPG - LEPA subsonic

Fun! :D