Video about VAS Consumption in FSX:SE and P3D

Konstantin

Konstantin

Hello Concorde-Fans,

To those of you who want to see how the VAS behaves in FSX:SE and Prepar3D in combination with Concorde-X, I have a video for you.

In it, I have measured the VAS consumption in identical flight situations under comparable settings in FSX:SE and P3D v3.2. To make things more interesting, I have actually run the test in three modes - FSX:SE DX9, DX10 and Prepar3D v3.2 (since it is known that DX10 can provide a sizeable VAS relief over DX9). In the tests, I flew Concorde-X from KIAD to KJFK, similarly to what I did in the tests that I conducted over a year ago (which is still archived somewhere in this forum). Back then, I ran the test on FSX only using the old Concorde version 1.2. This time I, used the new, optimized Concorde version (1.32), and the test comes in a video form where I added Prepar3D v3.2 to the "race".

So, if you are interested in knowing how much VAS is consumed by different sims when flying Concorde-X, I'm sure you will find this video useful.

• Like 1
Konstantin

Just one more thing that I wanted to share:  I have attached two screenshots that show the scenery from 5000 ft at the highway bridge of the Potomac river near Alexandria, VA or Ronald Reagan Airport in Washington D.C in both sims FSX:SE (DX10) and P3D during my test flights. As you can see, the lighting is more dynamic and vivid in P3D, and you can spot moving cars on the highway and autogen buildings that extend to a farther distance than in FSX, where the lighting looks more dull and "boring", while the cars and distant autogen buildings are no longer visible. This is something that should be considered when comparing the VAS consumption between FSX and Prepar3D.

Prepar3D:

ekgsnt.png

FSX DX10

2nuowif.png