FSLSpotlights updated for Prepar3D v3.4 HF2!

Lefteris Kalamaras

Lefteris Kalamaras

Hello all,

we've just uploaded FSLSpotlights v1.0.0.27 here which adds compatibility with Prepar3D v3.4 (up to build 19475) by Lockheed Martin. Please report any problems with this update in this forum.

• Like 1
  • Lefteris Kalamaras pinned this topic
Lefteris Kalamaras

Gents-

Spotlights now updated to v1.0.0.23 - the changelog is:

• Fixes a crash bug in DX9 mode on FSX Steam when switching from full screen mode to windowed mode.
  • Fixes a crash bug in DX9 mode on FSX Steam in full screen when going into menus and exiting (black screen)
  • Preliminary support for ReShade (v2.0 and v3.0 beta)
  • Now supports Prepar3D v3.4 (up to build 18400)
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...
Lefteris Kalamaras

Gents-

please download latest version from the link above. Our internal tests show no issues with latest P3D v3.4.14.18870, but we'd appreciate your feedback as well.

• Like 1
Patrice Dubois

Hi FS Labs team,

So I installed FSLSpotlight (version FSLabs_SpotLights_v1.0.0.24) on my sims (FSX, FSX-SE, P3D 3.4.14.18870) as administrator, trusted the folder where it installs and after that, started P3D.

The loading of P3D until the configuration screen is OK.

But when load my scenario (Aerosoft A320 from Rennes with AS16 as weather, the loading window displays with a 1% bar graph and just after that, P3D crashes.

Below is the windows event that traces this crash:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nom de l’application défaillante Prepar3D.exe, version : 3.4.14.18870, horodatage : 0x581239e2
Nom du module défaillant : FSLSpotLights.dll, version : 10.0.61355.178, horodatage : 0x5816560e
Code d’exception : 0xc0000005
Décalage d’erreur : 0x0000f45f
ID du processus défaillant : 0x10f0
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d23cd29901af16
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : L:\Prepar3d V3\Prepar3D.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: L:\Prepar3d V3\FSLabs\FSLSpotLights\DLL\FSLSpotLights.dll
ID de rapport : 0a64fe48-a8c6-11e6-94d1-7824af9a48f7

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried unsinstalling FSL Spotlights, rebooted my PC, Installing the new version again and restarted P3D. Same behaviour.

This behaviour is systematic.

I am on W7 x64, 16 GB RAM, dedicated SSD for FSX and P3D, FSL spotlight installation here: C:\Program Files (x86)\FlightSimLabs\FSLSpotLights

And in P3D as described above in the error report (L:\Prepar3d V3\FSLabs\FSLSpotLights)

All the P3D folder is trusted by my firewall / Virus removal tool

The entry in dll.xml of P3D is as below:

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>FSLSpotLights</Name>
        <Disabled>False</Disabled>
        <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
        <Path>FSLabs\FSLSpotLights\DLL\FSLSpotLights.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>

(No double entry regarding this in the 2 "dll.xml" files of P3D)

And also, before I upgrade P3D to the 3.4.14.188700, FSL spotlights (1.0.0.23) was active and caused no such problems.

Thanks.

Patrice.

Lothar Gentzsch

Same Error as Patrice. With P3D 3.4 18870 and FSL Spotlights v1.0.0.24 . When I load A319 -A321 (AEROSOFT) the P3D run into fatal crash, After Spotlight deinstallation the error was removed. Other A/C`s like PMDG are not affected by Spotlight.

Regards

Lothar

Lefteris Kalamaras

Please let me know if the latest version 1.0.0.25 fixes the problem - you'll need to disable D2D usage by Aerosoft Airbus products (Force ECAM render by Software I think is the check box).

• 5 weeks later...

Ver 1.0.0.26 working ok in Prepar3D latest version/

edit just some feed back, Had a problem to day in so much got a pop to say the service not running, reset flightsim. Altered the 'FlightSimLabs' folder admin permissions to full and to solve it.

Lefteris Kalamaras

Gents-

I've just uploaded v1.0.0.27 which makes Spotlights compatible with P3D v3.4 HF2 (19475).

Let me know if there's any issues with it.

NOTE: We're aware of the FSX Steam MFC80.dll issue - this is not addressed in this release. We'll continue working with those of you facing this problem to see how we can fix it.

• Like 4
Lefteris Kalamaras
5 hours ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

NOTE: We're aware of the FSX Steam MFC80.dll issue - this is not addressed in this release. We'll continue working with those of you facing this problem to see how we can fix it.

Actually - can some kind soul getting those MFC80.dll issues tell us if v1.0.0.27 still produces them?

Wolfgang Lang

I get error at fsx-se startup ( detected problem with 3rd party add-on).... only v1.0.0.22 works without problems

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

Lefteris Kalamaras

Hi Rob-

we have reported the device error to Lockheed Martin - they are trying to replicate the problem - do you have a set of reproducible steps with a default aircraft? If so, I'd be interested in trying it here.

As for the DLL.XML issue - which dll.xml are you modifying? Spotlights is looking for the one in %appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v3\.

Rob, that DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error is interesting, I am all of a sudden getting it as well, I don't have Spotlights installed in P3D only in FSX because of the FSLABS A320 and don't have any light groups assigned either, I'm pretty sure this has only popped up since upgrading to the latest version of P3D, interested in following this error as I have no idea what it all means.

Cheers Rod.

Lefteris Kalamaras
On 24/12/2016 at 1:08 AM, Rob Ainscough said:

I have a single light group (2 lights) setup for the default F22.  But just in case you didn't know, I can suppress the error message per Learning Center docs:

I don't have this entry in my Prepar3D.cfg which is why I'm assuming I saw the error message.  So LM do appear to be trapping the error that FS Spotlight triggers.  If I select Cancel when presented with the error, I seem "able" to proceed.

As far as the DLL.XML issue, I'm not doing the modification, your installer attempts to open the DLL.XML and add the appropriate FSSpotlight dll entry ... it looks like your installer is using a non-compliant XML reader/writer.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob,

non-compliant XML reader/writer against what compliance rules? I'd be interested to see why it does that - could you send me your original dll.xml so I can attempt to see what happens in the debugger?

Also- the NVIDIA error is not caused by Spotlights itself necessarily, but it's actually exposed by it - it's a bug whereby when a D3D device reset occurs, P3D is not able to recover gracefully and recreate the environment. This can occur for a multitude of reasons - we were able to have it happen even without spotlights, when on a multi-monitor setup, focus was taken from P3D and given to other apps (vPilot for example, or a Chrome browser). It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, it's catastrophic.

We have reported it to LM, Beau has responded that they're unable to make the appropriate changes required to allow for a graceful device reset for the 3.4 trunk.

Lefteris Kalamaras

Hi Rob,

older versions of Spotlights would CTD as you said, that is already fixed. At this point, the latest version on P3D should not crash (or do anything really) if Spotlights.dll is disabled - if you notice this, it's not known to me. As you said, it does no longer load at all - only the preloader still loads (through the FSLService), but does nothing since the actual DLL is disabled. I will be adding a warning to the preloader itself when it finds a P3D version that is unknown to give out a warning.

The DEVICE HUNG is an error that can happen for a million different reasons and if I recall correctly, it is documented that the application should handle it by resetting and replacing the device itself. At this time, P3D cannot cope with this gracefully - Beau is aware.

The XML parsing is not related to a VC++ runtime, but I'll know more when I see your dll.xml.

• 2 weeks later...
Davide Cutugno
On ‎26‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 2:52 PM, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Hi Rob,

non-compliant XML reader/writer against what compliance rules? I'd be interested to see why it does that - could you send me your original dll.xml so I can attempt to see what happens in the debugger?

Also- the NVIDIA error is not caused by Spotlights itself necessarily, but it's actually exposed by it - it's a bug whereby when a D3D device reset occurs, P3D is not able to recover gracefully and recreate the environment. This can occur for a multitude of reasons - we were able to have it happen even without spotlights, when on a multi-monitor setup, focus was taken from P3D and given to other apps (vPilot for example, or a Chrome browser). It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, it's catastrophic.

We have reported it to LM, Beau has responded that they're unable to make the appropriate changes required to allow for a graceful device reset for the 3.4 trunk.

Hi, i had the same problem with the dxgi error thing...after gone mad i disabled in the xml (set to false) the spotlight (ver. .27) and now i can resize my p3d window at will without crash, hope LM will fix this before P3d version of 320 is released....

• 6 months later...
Mike Normandeau

Got a new rig over the weekend and installed A320 into P3d and everything was great - settings mostly to the right in P3D and sitting in the 40's for frame rates. I realized last night the dome light didn't have any effect and installed Spotlight, which now crashes my sim no matter what aircraft. I get the same error as above - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG. Was there ever a work around figured for this issue?

Thanks,

Mike Normandeau

Lefteris Kalamaras

Please sign with your real name- thanks.

If you are running the latest NVidia drivers, that's the issue. Go back to 382.05 or earlier and things should work OK.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎02‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 9:55 AM, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Hello all,

we've just uploaded FSLSpotlights v1.0.0.27 here which adds compatibility with Prepar3D v3.4 (up to build 19475) by Lockheed Martin. Please report any problems with this update in this forum.

I have this error with prepar3d v3.4
With fsx I do not have the error

error.png

Lothar Gentzsch

Now I`ve gave a complaint to Nvidia about that issue, but they are not interested to work for a solution. I got only a recommendation, that we know already,  to use an older one driver. In addtion Nvdia recommand for user with notebooks to use the driver delivered by manufacturer of the notebook/laptop and not by Nvidia orginal directly.

By my self I got a rectification with reducing the clocks/voltage  a little bit ( Base clock offset 20 to 40 Mhz) with Nvidiainspector. All Nvidia cards are orginal delivered with a little overclocking. With these correction  I`ve  eleminate the Dixgi_Error_Device_Hung  caused by FSLSpotlight.

I recommand check it out, it`s works

Lothar