My improved (I believe) Concorde X checklist

Ramón Cutanda

Ramón Cutanda

Thank you so much your precious insight. I have to admit I hardly ever am able to follow departures by the book. There are so many things to do and going on in such a sort period of time that I am overwhelmed and most of the times I do more than one thing wrong. Flying online and/or in low weight does not help much either, especially in my case where I am using different airports all the time. Every trip is an adventure on its own! And I guess that is what I love about Concorde: never two flights are the same and, at least in  my case, I find doing a 100% perfect flight an utopia. Maybe because I am always learning and what I THOUGHT was doing right, I later discover I was not...

Anyway... I guess is high time to review those invaluable ITVV videos again!

Bests,

Fraser Gale

Again, this is just a suggestion (can't help it, my day job is education...) but try a few light weight departures without flying online till every move becomes second nature, then start worrying about ATC.  I've never gotten into the online thing, I use VoxATC and that I can let the first officer handle if I want.  I always advise doing circuits just like in a Cessna as they train you to do everything quickly but accurately and it is great fun! 

If you have the training manual you will get details.  As I've said to others, I merely try to give helpful advice but it is just a simulator and people are free to fly it however they want.  The only time I get annoyed (not referring to you here by the way) is when folk start giving others wrong advice that isn't accurate!  

No matter what airfield you fly out of there are only three categories of departure really: noise abatement, full performance and light weight.  The bit of tarmac you are launching from doesn't matter.  Light weight can have noise abatement or be full performance but really it's just that everything happens quicker. Technically New York is a fourth type as it was a special case and training separately. 

The SIDs of course are different and yes, some can be complicated and are getting more so as more are turned into RNAV procedures.  The trick is to fly the departure mentally before you get going - it's what all the crew briefings are for. 

Enjoy!

• Like 1
Ramón Cutanda

NEW! THE ULTIMATE SIMPLE CHECKLIST!

This new checklist is aimed to those who have used the complete "ULTIMATE CHECKLIST for Concorde-X" a number of times, know the procedures by heart and want and simpler, cleaner and quicker checklist without the extra details, tips and explanations, but still benefit from the colour codes and tables not present in the real checklist.

This new checklist is to be considered a v1.0

ULTIMATE CHECKLIST v3.0.4 - 30/Jul/2020

•    Procedure for short supersonic flights updated
•    Added maximum wind speeds allowed for autoland
•    After Landing checklist revised with some corrections
•    ANTI-SKID ‘R’ lights test and PFDIS/Marilake Controller order change to make them more logical in a 1-member crew
•    Some typos fixed

DOWNLOAD

Concorde-X_ULTIMATE-CHECKLIST v3 (PDF)

Concorde-X_ULTIMATE-CHECKLIST v3 (Microsoft Word)

Concorde-X_ULTIMATE-SIMPLE-CHECKLIST (PDF)

Concorde-X_ULTIMATE-SIMPLE-CHECKLIST (Microsoft Word)

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Ramón Cutanda

Ultimate Checklist v3.0.5  / Simple Checklist v1.0.1 - 11/August/2020

• Added Engine Recirculation Valve checks for final subsonic legs
  • TRIMS, PFDIS/Marilake Controller and BRAKES checks moved just before taxiing.
  • ENGINE CONTROL SCHEDULE check repositioned in At M 0.7 CLIMB CHECKLIST to avoid a "panel jump"

• Like 1