My improved (I believe) Concorde X checklist

Ramón Cutanda

Ramón Cutanda

THE ULTIMATE CONCORDE CHECKLIST for Concorde-X

WARNING! This checklist has been created by Concorde enthusiast Ramón Cutanda. I am not a real pilot and, except from some volunteered and limited beta testing, I have no professional relationship with FSLabs whatsoever. Therefore, this is not, by any means, an "official", "approved" or "real" checklist, either by FSLabs or British Airways.

This checklist is MAINLY BASED ON real British Airways Concorde Flying Manuals, with updates up to 1st May 2003. I have also cross-checked many details with FSLabs' documentation and checklists included with their Concorde-X.

Using the aforementioned sources, I have created this checklist according to the following criteria.

·         Omitting checks and actions for systems and items not simulated in Concorde-X by FSLabs, such as the oxygen system or weather radar.

·         Because this checklist is performed with the limitations of a virtual cockpit, 2D panels and by only one pilot instead of a crew of 3, I have done my best reordering the sequence of some items to avoid what I considered unnecessary panel jumps within Concorde-X. I have tried, however, to keep these changes to a minimum to respect the original flow.

·         Excluding exclusive electrical procedures only applicable to G-BOAG

·         Use different colours and font sizes to make the checklist both as useful and easy to follow as possible both by casual and hardcore simmers. This is why there are no longer two separate "simplified" and "extended" checklists.

This checklist includes real notes and comments to extend the knowledge about the systems and the reason for many of procedures followed. Please, take into account that as with almost checklist in aviation, some items are checked more than once during the flow. These double-checks are not a typo.

This checklist is the result of an extensive review of several real British Airways Manuals put into practice along HUNDREDS of hours at the controls of Concorde-X. I truly believe this is the most complete and helpful checklist for Concorde-X. It has received several updates over the years and now that I have updated it with the most recent British Airways Manuals I have been able to find, I really cannot think of any more improvements. That is why I have called this checklist "Ultimate".

I do hope you will find this checklist both easy to follow and useful. If you have any comment or suggestion, please, reply to this post. Thank you.

THE ULTIMATE SIMPLE CHECKLIST for Concorde-X

This checklist is aimed to those who have used the complete "ULTIMATE CHECKLIST for Concorde-X" a number of times, know the procedures by heart and want and simpler, cleaner and quicker checklist without the extra details, tips and explanations, but still benefit from the colour codes and tables not present in the real checklist.

This checklist is based exclusively on the one included in British Airways Flying Manual Volume II part B, pages 07-15-03 to 07-15-11 revision 01 Nov 02

This checklist is not, however, a "copy and paste". It has been adapted to suit the flights with Concorde-X by Flightsim Labs. The differences between the real checklist and this version are:

•    It includes the cockpit preparation steps for Captain, Flight Officer and Flight Engineer.
•    It includes some charts, graphics and a number of custom steps I find most useful for every flight.
•    The order (position) of some items has been changed to avoid repetitive panel "jumps" within Concorde-X. These changes, however, have been kept to a minimum.
•    The procedures for uncommon flights, such a 100% subsonic or short supersonic where Mach 2.0 is not reached or only for a very short period of time, are left in full as it is easy to forget their details and I find it convenient to have them in this list instead of having to open the ULTIMATE CHECKLIST and search for these particular procedures in a second document.
•    The items only applicable to G-BOAG have been omitted.
•    The checklist items are coded in four different colours

DOWNLOAD

Concorde-X_ULTIMATE-CHECKLIST v3

Concorde-X_ULTIMATE-SIMPLE-CHECKLIST

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

List of updates:

08/November/2020 v3.0.7 and v1.0.3 - Click here to see the changes

11/August/2020 v3.0.5 and v1.0.1 Click here to see the changes

30/July/2020 v3.0.4 and v1.0 of the Ultimate Simple Checklist  Click here to see the changes

22/July/2020 v3.0.3 Click here to see the changes

21/July/2020 v3.0.2 Click here to see the changes

11/July/2020 v3.0.1 Click here to see the changes.

10/July/2020 v3.0 Click here to see the changes.

27/May/2020 v2.0.5 Click here to see the changes

22/May/2020 v2.0.4 Click here to see the changes

30/Dec/2018 v2.0.3. Click here to see the changes

11/April/2016, v1.2. Click here to see the changes.

04/April/2016, v1.1. Click here to see the changes.

The previous checklist (v.2.0.5) are still available here

Concorde-X EXTENDED Checklist - PDF Version

Concorde-X EXTENDED Checklist - Microsoft Word Version

Concorde-X SIMPLIFIED Checklist - PDF Version

Concorde-X SIMPLIFIED Checklist - Microsoft Word Version

The previous checklist (v1.2) is still available here:

http://simulaciondevuelo.com/archivos/SIMPLIFIED_CHECKLIST-ConcordeX_by_FlightsimLabs.pdf

http://simulaciondevuelo.com/archivos/SIMPLIFIED_CHECKLIST-ConcordeX_by_FlightsimLabs.docx

• Like 6
Steve Prowse

Hi Ramon,

just tried to to dowmload your new checklist.....but it seems that I'm unable to the nag box says the file is unavailable for my account.  Any thoughts on this issue?

Ramón Cutanda

I have just updated my previous post with a new link. I used the forum attachments systems before, but I have now linked to my own server. That should do.

Bests,

Steve Prowse

Many thanks Ramon that now seems to be working.  I would also like to thank you for all your work and effort for our Concorde community.  I have always found your files, videos, and general advice to be excellent!

cheers

Jonathan Fong

Thanks for this checklist and, as @sharky said, your work and effort here  in the FSL Concorde X community. Once again, thank you and keep up the work! :)

Peter Aertssen

Gracias por la lista de verificacion Ramon! Considero su trabajo (videos y lista) muy excelente!

Peter Aertssen

EHAM (Amsterdam) y

LEMG (Malaga)

Karsten Mogilka

There is only one word to say ...

BRILLIANT absolut BRILLIANT

will try it this evening on my world tour flight from MMAA-PHNL, wich is from your World tour site :-) wich is really stunning. I really enjioy your work it spends me a lot of time wich i can spend with my mife and my two Kids hehe.

THANKS very Much greets Karsten from Germany

Ramón Cutanda

@Karsten Thanks for your kind words. I guess you know them all, but just in case all my tours for Concorde are post here:

http://simulaciondevuelo.com/world-tours-designed-for-concorde/

One of my favourites is "Land Ho!" You will find yourself landing Concorde in a myriad of different and challenging airports. There are 64 stages, so you have the guarantee of being "entertained" for quite a white :-)

Bests,

Ramón Cutanda

I've just updated the link in the first post with a new version (v1.1) which includes the following changes:

• I've included bookmarks in the PDF which provides direct access to any checklist.
  • Removed a reference to 88,4 ZFW which I accidentally ported over from the tutorial. Obviously the ZFW will be different on each flight.
  • During landings, I find much more easy to hand-fly Concorde when I manually control the trim, so I like to disable the electric trim on manual landings. I guess most of you will find "weird" to find the electric trim check "as required" during the landing checklist, so added a note under that item explaining why.
  • During the parking checklist the Ground Power was only referenced as "on" on v1.0. Now it's got two steps: first, request ground power, and secondly switch it on in the AC electrics panel.

Bests,

Ray Proudfoot

Thank you Ramon for providing such a useful checklist. Much quicker than trawling through the tutorial. :)

Ramón Cutanda

I'm exited to announce that I am making a HUGE update to my current Checklist using a copy of a REAL British Airways Concorde Flying manual, with revisions between 1976 and 1979. On the one hand, I'm adding dozens of extra steps from the real checklists which are not included in the FSLabs version. However, some of these extra checks and actions are not really necessary to fly Concorde X. For example, "light bulbs test". Obviously, there will never be "blown bulbs" in Concorde X. So I had to decide whether to include or not those steps. A real crew would make those tests, so, if I aim for realism, I should include them. On the other hand, it's easy to feel "foolish" making test you know are not necessary; specially taking into account that all those extra steps increase by a noticeable amount the time needed to prepare each flight.

In the end, I will mark with a different colour all the checks and steps which I consider absolutely essential to fly "safely" the aircraft so that newbies or those in "a little hurry" can fly easier and/or quicker just using those "bare essential" However, those looking for the "full thing" will have the complete checklist. For the time being, I am still only focusing in a "simplified" type of checklist, omitting all the steps the Concorde X VFE (Virtual Flight Engineer) takes care of.

I guess a couple of weeks will pass before I update the current version, but I feel so excited with the first updates that I just needed to share :-)

I will keep you updated.

All the best,

• Like 2
  • Lefteris Kalamaras pinned this topic
Karsten Mogilka

Thank You very much Ramón,

Yes I just know your link. I think the "Isle hopping" will be interresting too :-) but now i have to finish the first tour ;-). By the Way the tour is flyable on vatsim, it only needs some explaining to the Atc. The Controllers are all verry excited to guide such an extraordanary Airplane. 

The Chcklist is perfect I can't find anything wrong in it. Its perfect. Im Looking forward for the updatet new one.

Where did you get the original Checklist from. I searched myself a cuple of year ago but cant find any.

Greets Karsten from Germany

Ramón Cutanda

I've just updated the original link to version 1.2. There is only one change. I've added one extra check:

ENGINE CONTROL SCHEDULE . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . CHECKED  . . . Engine Ctrl (CTRL+SHIFT+2)

This one is included before transonic acceleration and after Mach 1.0 during descend, the reason being that, according to the "Subsonic Cruise  Procedures and Techniques" British Airways Flying Manual (section 08.11.01, revision 20 OCT 76):

"The subsonic cruise is carried out at Mach 0.95"

and...

"Engine Control Schedule should be selected to "flyover" above Mach 0.8 for optimum performance."

When making long subsonic stages, such as in the EGLL-HECA route, I follow that advice leaving the ENGINE CONTROL SCHEDULE at "flyover" after departure. However, I tend to forget to set it to "Normal" for the supersonic acceleration, so I've decided to include this extra step. For the same reason, I've included this check when making a long subsonic leg before destination (such as in the return trip HECA-EGLL)

1 hour ago, Karsten said:

By the Way the tour is flyable on vatsim, it only needs some explaining to the Atc. The Controllers are all verry excited to guide such an extraordanary Airplane. 

I only tried to warn that some extra preparation is needed before flying online :-)

Where did you get the original Checklist from. I searched myself a cuple of year ago but cant find any.

I found a copy on eBay :-)

Bests,

Ramón Cutanda

I forgot to mention two things on my previous post:

1. I've included a link to the original Microsoft Word document in the first post of this thread so that anyone interested can customize the checklist.

2. The new checklist I'm building is SO COMPLETE that I'm absolutely certain that only Concorde "fanatics" will follow it. For that reason, I've decided to keep this "simplified" checklist, which will be more helpful to many users. However, the new checklist will include EVERYTHING, as long as it's simulated in Concorde X, including the Flight Engineers checks. I will mark with a different colour those tasks or checks assigned to Concorde X's Virtual Flight Engineer, so that, if you have the VFE enabled, you know which ones you can skip. I will keep you updated about the progress.

Bests,

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Ray Proudfoot

Ramon,

One comment on the checklist. You have nose & visor down in the taxi checklist. However, watching the ITVV Concorde DVD the crew lower it after 2 & 3 have been started and before pushback.

This seems a logical point to perform this action as it requires power from two engines and the increased visibility is important.

What do you think?

Ray Proudfoot

Thanks Pierre. That would be an important procedure. I'll lower nose and visor during pushback so they're down in readiness for the 'virtual' ground crew.

Ramón Cutanda

I've been extremely busy this week. So busy that today (Thursday night) I am dealing with the emails I got last Sunday. I will check the video and the original checklists asap.

Thanks for the tip.

Bests,

• 1 month later...
Fraser Gale

Don't know why I didn't read this thread sooner!

Just to clarify, the visor only was lowered before or at the start of push back, the nose was lowered to 5 degrees after the ground crew were clear and immediately before taxi. It meant there was less chance of nose damage from ground objects/vehicles but still good visibility. 
Normally the ground pin would be seen out of a side window as it would be rare for an aircraft at LHR to be pushed straight back and left there. I don't know CDG well enough to comment on that.

Ramon, 
I assume by complete checks you are including all the pre-flight scans that were performed from memory?  They take a long time so you are correct about the type of sim pilot that will want to use them! 

Frazz

Ramón Cutanda

Version 2.0 is ready!

I have completely rewritten my first post to reflect the changes in the new versions, plural, as there are now TWO checklists: an extended and and simplified version. Hopefully, you will find them useful.

All the best,

• Thanks 2
Steve Prowse

Ramon,

Thank you so much for your time and effort that you freely give the ‘Concorde community’.  It is very much appreciated and extremely helpful.

Many thanks and have a very happy new year!

Steve

• Like 1
Ramón Cutanda

Updated to v2.0.3 . Changes are:

• Some minor fixes.
  • INS DME UPDATE procedure improved by adding the altitude of the DME stations
  • AIR DATA COMPUTERS OFF during STOPOVER CHECKLIST revised

• 1 year later...
Keaton Harris

Are the checklists still available? The links don’t work for me. I know I’m late to the game for this, but is the website down?

Ramón Cutanda

Unfortunately, I’m experiencing technical problems with my server this weekend and I don’t believe I will be able to fix the problems until next Monday or Tuesday. Please try again in a couple of days. I apologise for the inconvenience. 

Bests,

• 2 months later...
Ramón Cutanda

Small update for the simplified checklist. I intend to apply these changes to the extended checklist after some testing and revision:

V2.0.4 - 25/May/2020

• Added bookmarks on PDF for easier navigation
  • Added an ENGINE CONTROL SCHEDULE check after supersonic deceleration in case a subsonic leg is to be flown
  • Correction of CROSSBLEED VALVES 1&4 and ENGINES 4&1 START sequence order
  • Improved notes in AUTOTHROTTLE test
  • Thanks 1
Pedro Trindade

Thank you for your efforts Ramón. Um abraço amigo de Portugal.

Ramón Cutanda

SIMPLIFIED CHECKLISTS

v2.0.5 - 27/May/2020
•    Revised ADS/ENGINE PROBE HEATERS check during COCKPIT SAFETY CHECK
•    Some minor typos fixed

EXTENDED CHECKLISTS

v2.0.5 - 27/May/2020 (v2.0.4 was only released for the simplified checklist)

•    Revised ADS/ENGINE PROBE HEATERS check during COCKPIT SAFETY CHECK
•    INTAKE PANEL  CHECK -> revised
•    FWD LIGHTS test -> revised
•    NOZZLE light off -> check revised
•    Observe ESS main isolate MIs show inline -> Moved to DC Electrics Panel (was in AC Panel by mistake)
•    AP light (red) and AT light (red) on revised on WARNING AND LANDING DISPLAY TEST
•    MASTER WARNING LIGHTS TEST, relocated from "Main" to "Fwd Overhead VC"
•    Correction of CROSSBLEED BALVES 1&4 and ENGINES 4&1 START sequence order
•    Some minor typos fixed

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Fraser Gale

Hello @Ramón Cutanda,

I have just had a quick look through your checklists for the first time today as I had a bit of free time.  You have put a lot of work in here. 

Can I just point out one major thing that was changed after the Paris crash - the brake fans were always turned off in the "Before Take-off Checklist".  I'm sure if you google you can find the detail as to why.

Also, and it might have been yourself that asked FSL to change this, I'm not sure as it was a while ago, but the ground idle switches were modified in the early years (around 1981 I think...) to remain at "Low" for the the who flight.  The "Hi" rate of fuel flow was only used for starting.  This logic used to be correct in ConcordeX until someone with an out of date manual got it changed... 

This is the problem with the early manuals, a lot of small changes were made in service but the brake fan one was quite major.

All the best,

Frazz

Ramón Cutanda

Well... I was holding the release of the new version of the checklist (v3) until I had test it a little more thoroughly, but your reply just pushes me to release it today.

A couple of months ago I got updated British Airways Manuals, including some volumes I didn't have before. I have been studying them and working very hard on my checklists and have made a VERY deep revision from top to bottom. Many procedures have been revised/updated and now there is a lot of new and (at least for me) useful information. I have also reordered some items to try to have at hand whatever I need at the right moment. I am so happy and satisfied with the result that I have dared to call this one the "ULTIMATE" checklist for Concorde-X. This checklist combines all that I knew, all that I have recently learnt and hundreds of flying hours with Concorde-X from and to all sorts of destinations in the world. Moreover. Thanks to the RTW tour I shared recently, I have been flying all sorts of supersonic and subsonic routes, so I have been able to test both Concorde-X and this new checklist in a really wide range of situations.

Of course, as with every x.0 version there will be some typos and bugs here and there, and there is always room for improvement. But at this point, and for my needs, this checklist is simply PERFECT. Is the one I always dreamt of and I really hope that some of you will also find it useful.

Using this new checklist and all my flying experience as a reference, I will start working on some ULTRA DETAILED tutorials next week. I will do the Spanish version first, however, so it will take me a couple of weeks before the English version is ready. I have to admit that I feel quite dumb doing so. Everyone that purchased Concorde-X already know how to fly her. Besides, Concorde-X is no longer for sale... and it doesn't seem she will be any time soon so, why bother? I really cannot give a sensible answer to that question. I guess it is just sheer passion what drives me for all of this. And,  as with everything that I do,  as long as ONE person finds my materials useful, it will be well worth my time.

I will keep you updated! :-)

Bests,

DOWNLOAD

Concorde-X_ULTIMATE-CHECKLIST v3 (PDF)

Concorde-X_ULTIMATE-CHECKLIST v3 (Microsoft Word)

• Thanks 1
Steve Prowse

Thanks Ramon for the update, I’ve used your checklists since version one and, they’re excellent.  Thank you for all you’ve done for our Concorde community and continue to do; I for one very much appreciate it.

stay safe and healthy one and all

Steve.

• Like 1
Ramón Cutanda

Checklist updated to v3.0.1 with some updates to the Engine Start procedure.

13 hours ago, Fraser Gale said:

Also, and it might have been yourself that asked FSL to change this, I'm not sure as it was a while ago, but the ground idle switches were modified in the early years (around 1981 I think...) to remain at "Low" for the the who flight.  The "Hi" rate of fuel flow was only used for starting.  This logic used to be correct in ConcordeX until someone with an out of date manual got it changed... 

More exactly, "to facilitate cross-bleed starting", as per Rev. 14 Feb 01 Flying Manual Part 1, page 18-03-22.

6UXGzeV.png

Fraser Gale
47 minutes ago, Ramón Cutanda said:

Checklist updated to v3.0.1 with some updates to the Engine Start procedure.

More exactly, "to facilitate cross-bleed starting", as per Rev. 14 Feb 01 Flying Manual Part 1, page 18-03-22.

6UXGzeV.png

Same as what I said really, isn't it...?  Problem is the switch logic is wrong in the sim now.....

I'm very glad you now have the more up to date manuals that you can work from and I hope you weren't too upset at me pointing out those factual deviances.  When were are posting on public forums and stating that we know these things, we have to make sure we have the correct information but I'm sure as you say your new versions will be perfect.

incidentally, a retired crew member once told me even some of the manuals had errors in, and he kindly gave me notes to correct them. 

Konstantin

Does anyone know if there is a way to restore the Idle switch logic in Concorde-X to what it was before it was (incorrectly) updated (where the switches didn't automatically latch to the HI position upon reaching 60 knots)?

This is the link to the thread, where it was discussed: 

As I stated in that thread, with the current mechanism, there is an excessive (double) fuel burn when activating reverse thrust after landing. Though the support has officially ended, maybe the developers can chime in and provide us with a file that corrects the mechanism?

Fraser Gale
3 hours ago, Konstantin said:

Does anyone know if there is a way to restore the Idle switch logic in Concorde-X to what it was before it was (incorrectly) updated (where the switches didn't automatically latch to the HI position upon reaching 60 knots)?

This is the link to the thread, where it was discussed: 

As I stated in that thread, with the current mechanism, there is an excessive (double) fuel burn when activating reverse thrust after landing. Though the support has officially ended, maybe the developers can chime in and provide us with a file that corrects the mechanism?

Changing it back would involve a code change I'm guessing because it was changed as part of an update if I remember correctly.  As ConcordeX is no longer supported, it won't happen so we're stuck with it now - an example of how one person with those out of date manuals from 1976-78 can upset those of us who have the last version of the dated 2003.....!!! 

I remember posting about this at the time but not sure if it was in that topic or not - I was quietly ignored. 

Ramón Cutanda
8 hours ago, Fraser Gale said:

hope you weren't too upset at me pointing out those factual deviances

Not at all. On the contrary. All your comments are most appreciated. Keep them coming! Thank you :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Ramón Cutanda

I have extensively been testing the new v3 checklist in a myriad of flights (long, short, 100% subsonic, 100% supersonic, with subsonic legs at the beginning, at the end, both and everything in between...) and I do believe the checklist is now really solid and complete. Even if there is always "this one thing" that you can add or improve I am really satisfied with the result and more than happy to share this update which I really don't expect will have any important change or update from now on. This is the list of the latest changes:

v3.0.2 - 21/Jul/2020

• Fixed wrong mouse button press for fast INS alignment
  • Added the disconnection from ground equipment (GRND CALL)
  • N2 noise limitation tables relocated
  • GRD IDLE switches set now "as required", depending on whether 4 engines are started at the gates (LO) or using Cross-Bleed start procedure (HI)
  • Added "de-air" reminder for long or subsonic-only flights
  • Added "IF THE ELEVONS ARE DOWN MORE THAN 1 DEG" or "CG AFT OF 59%" procedure
  • Added a reminder to check tank 9 contents are 4000 kg or more before shutting down Engines
  • Several other minor corrections

As always, hopefully you will find it useful.

Bests,

DOWNLOAD

Concorde-X_ULTIMATE-CHECKLIST v3 (PDF)

Concorde-X_ULTIMATE-CHECKLIST v3 (Microsoft Word)

• Thanks 2
Konstantin

Thanks Ramon for providing us with improved checklists and keeping the Concorde-X forum alive. It has been very quiet here since the official support ended.

Fraser Gale
18 hours ago, Konstantin said:

Thanks Ramon for providing us with improved checklists and keeping the Concorde-X forum alive. It has been very quiet here since the official support ended.

Agreed.  I feel like we need to do a weekly discussion topic or something!

Fraser Gale

Out of curiosity @Ramón Cutanda is there are reason for the "check flight directors" line in the before take-off check?  

I only ask as I have had to explain to sim pilots in the past who are used to modern flight decks, that Concorde's F/D system could not be used on departure.

Ramón Cutanda
1 hour ago, Fraser Gale said:

is there are reason for the "check flight directors" line in the before take-off check?  

And this must be this "one thing" that I mentioned that the checklist needed for the next update... :-) Thank you Fraser! (as always)

v3.0.3 - 22/Jul/2020
Added some notes explaining the use of the Flight Directors after take-off and before touchdown

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Acording to British Airways Flying Manual Volume II, part B, page 08-05-03, rev. 25 MAR 03:

During manual flight the handling pilot's flight director should normally be engaged shortly after the noise abatement procedure ends, and remain engaged until Decision Altitude (or later, if allowed by limitations). The handling pilot will normally call for AFCS selections, making it clear as to which mode is required with regard to the flight director or autothrottle (e.g. 'Flight Director IAS HOLD' or 'Autothrottle IAS HOLD'). However, If the non-handling pilot is too busy to respond to the request, the handling pilot may make the appropriate selection having clearly indicated his intention.

The reason why I engage the Flight Directors before take-off is that I personally find taking-off all by myself so demanding, especially with the Virtual Flight Engineer disabled and taking-off in low weight with a high rate of climb, that I prefer to engage the Flight Directors before take-off and have an extra help as soon as possible. As you surely noticed, that check is coloured in blue so that everybody knows that step was not followed officially.

Bests,

Fraser Gale

I did wonder.  In normal circumstances the crew flew on "raw data" without F/D until they were up to Vmo, at which point the F/D would be engaged in MAX CLIMB and either INS or TRK HEADING depending on ATC clearance.  That line in the manual that you quote above was probably put in there because in 2003 the attitude was becoming more and more about full use of automatics on all types of aircraft, and only after a few incidents and I'm sorry to say another AF accident (447) did people think that manual (instrument) flying was maybe still important enough that pilots should practice it. 

In order to engage it just after noise abatement as the manual states would be difficult, as you are climbing and accelerating up to Vmo (if cleared for a "no speed restriction" climb) and unless you got the aircraft up to Vmo within minutes of the noise procedure ending, there is no F/D or A/P mode suitable. Noise speed is 250kts which would be held to round about 5,000ft at which point you would get the visor up and be able to accelerate through 270kts but by that time Vmo will begin to increase so unless you catch it very quickly, and go into MAX CLIMB I'm not sure what mode you could use while had flying - it is more dangerous to have a flight director in view with wrong data than to have no F/D at all, so they left it off till at Vmo in reality. 

Incidentally, MAX CLIMB isn't properly simulated in Concorde X because in real life it didn't accelerate you up to that speed, it held the difference in speed on selection between IAS and Vmo.  E.g. Vmo is currently 400kts, your IAS is currently 350kts, you select MAX CLIMB and the F/D or A/P will hold you at the 50kt difference, so at Vmo of 500kts, the F/D or A/P will give you 450kts, not Vmo.  You had to be at or just below Vmo to select MAX CLIMB or you were stuck with the difference, hence the datum adjust to be able to tweak your speed up to Vmo. 

There were a few guys in the fleet in BA who didn't like the F/D in Concorde, and one training captain told me "it was a horrible flight director..." I won't quote what he said about the logic and which nation built it.....

Having said all this, I can understand why sim pilots might find it a help on take-off, my advice would be to try and train yourself to scan the instruments ADI - IAS - ADI - HSI - ADI - IAS - ADI - ALT - ADI - IAS...etc.  Notice the importance of the ADI and IAS in the noise climb especially?  Look only at the digital IAS during the noise climb, and look for an increasing or decreasing trend.  I always think, IAS up, pitch up, IAS down, pitch down.  I love trying to hold the noise speed, especially coming out of New York - better to fly all this than worry about getting the after take-off check done. 

One last tip, if you have the ITVV DVD, play it in the background while flying and use that as your checklist!  Much more realistic and you don't have to read the checks as much while hand flying. 

Anyway, sorry for going on a bit, I didn't start out to!

Frazz