Concorde-X V1.40 Now Available For Fsx and P3D v3.

Lefteris Kalamaras

Ray Proudfoot

Lefteris. I see no mention of the dreaded Enigma protection message being fixed when selecting Concorde from the Vehicle menu. Please tell me you’ve fixed that.

Ray Proudfoot

Lefteris,

Having recently bought a new PC I have yet to install P3D v3.4 on it. So no, I can't confirm the issue has been resolved. That's why I asked the question. Good to hear you've fixed it, thanks.

Ramón Cutanda

My only problem so far has been with the CDU1. It got stuck sometimes at some point during checklist (as if it was "frozen" not reacting to any click). I could not really figure it out what triggered that problem (it looked really random to me) and eventually, I decided to reinstall P3D v3.4 from scratch. During my first test setup I was trying to use some intensive memory addons, such as all the openLC by ORBX. But this time I will be testing with minimal addons: AS16, SPAD.neXt and EGLL and JKFK airports. Right now I am preparing a flight. Hopefully, everything will work OK this time. If it does, I will add more addons, one by one, to analyze the results.

Regarding the Enigma error, I have reinstalled Concorde-X v1.40 three or four times and no trace of it.

Bests,

UPDATE: CDU1 got stuck once again :-(  I am really quite lost here...

Kyprianos Biris
5 minutes ago, Ramón Cutanda said:

My only problem so far has been with the CDU1

Ramon you mean this appears in 1.40 ?

If yes, did you do complete uninstall of previous version and clean install of 1.40 ?

I know you are experienced user ;) I have my reasons for asking the above though.

Ramón Cutanda

Thanks for the tip Kyprianos. Not only I did a complete uninstall of the previous Concorde-X version. I even did a complete uninstall and reinstall of P3D v3.4, including a manual delete of these folders:

• P3D
  • C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin
  • %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin
  • %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin
  • %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Files

The only addon I have are:

• Concorde-X
  • A320-X
  • Spotlights
  • AS16
  • SPAD.neXt
  • UK2000 EGLL airport
  • Drzewiecki Design

I will reinstall P3D again from scratch. This time I will only install  Concorde-X; not even Spotlights and I will carefully review all your tips; just in case I missed something.

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, that I always use the Piper J3 Cub  as the default plane for loading P3D

Ramón Cutanda

Thank you Kyprianos. It makes sense. However, I had not flown Concorde in more than a year and flying it again is the only thing that really motivates me now. So I don't mind at all these tests to make sure there is nothing wrong with my setup. I will keep you updated.

Lefteris Kalamaras

We've observed an issue with v1.40 for some users in P3D v3 and the CIVA INS gauge interoperability with our gauges drawing thread logic.

You can try this:

in the <P3Dv3_root>\FSLabs folder, find the file called ConcordeXGauges.ini

in there, find the section called [RenderAsync] and add "All=0" in there as follows:

[RenderAsync]
ADI_CP=0
ADI_FO=0
All=0

you could remove the ADI_CP and ADI_FO entries if you like as well, as they are superseded by the "All" entry.

Then load the Concorde-X and run your experiments again to see if the INS still freezes - it should not.

Ramón Cutanda

During my first test I was running bare minimum P3D: only Concorde-X and AS16. Absolutely nothing else. Again, after 10-15 minutes, CDU1 stopped responding. Then I modified ConcordeXGauges.ini  adding All=0 and, so far, so good. I am almost at cruise altitude heading for KJFK. For my return trip I will install some addons. Hopefully, everything will be OK :-)

Thanks for the help!

Ray Proudfoot

I’ve installed P3D v3.4 this afternoon followed by Concorde v1.40.

I loaded her from the Vehicle menu and it was fine, no Enigma stuff. Great!

Less great is the depiction of the VC on my UHD monitor. Having to downscale to 1920*1080 is unfortunately making the instruments less clear.

Not the fault of FSL of course. It was my decision to switch to UHD. I shall try a flight in the new few days and report back.

I searched for Nvidia drivers 376.66 but even on Nvidia’s site they don’t go that far back. I suppose I can expect some crashes.

How is the 64-bit version coming along? I don’t expect a release date but some indication of how much has been done percentage wise would be appreciated.

Ramón Cutanda

I don't know... Right now I only fly P3D v3.4 and Concorde. I don't have P3Dv4 installed. I am experiencing some "flashing" on my GTX 1080 every now and then... but nothing really serious.

Ray Proudfoot

The solution to flashing is simple. Enable VSync and Triple Buffering.  With your system you'll have frame rates locked at 60 to match the monitor's refresh rate. If it supports 30Hz try that. Guaranteed ultra smooth.

Aircraft gauges in UHD are wonderful. I live in hope we can get a 64-bit supersonic before much longer.

• Thanks 1
Ray Proudfoot
17 hours ago, Ramón Cutanda said:

I launched the Nvidia exe and after a couple of minutes the process halted with the message "The graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware.". Seems the TITAN drivers cannot be used on the 1080 Ti.

I'm currently running 417.01.When attempting to load P3D v3 with the default Cub P3D responded with the DXGI error. It would appear I cannot run Concorde 32-bit. Unless anyone can come up with a solution then I'm just going to have to wait for new new version whenever that might appear.

Why do you insist on version 376.33?  (376.66 doesn't exist).  I recommend the driver 382.05, which is compatible with GTX 1080Ti and does not have the VAS leak that plagues some drivers after 376.33. I use it successfully, and it is even slightly better than 376.33.

Here is the link:

https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/118514

PS: I think that you are aware that the best way to uninstall a GPU driver is to use DDU.

Ray Proudfoot
31 minutes ago, Konstantin said:

Why do you insist on version 376.33?  (376.66 doesn't exist).  I recommend the driver 382.05, which is compatible with GTX 1080Ti and does not have the VAS leak that plagues some drivers after 376.33. I use it successfully, and it is even slightly better than 376.33.

Here is the link:

https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/118514

PS: I think that you are aware that the best way to uninstall a GPU driver is to use DDU.

My mistake describing the driver as 376.66. It was the 376.33 I downloaded and tried. Yes, I do know how to uninstall drivers.

Ramón Cutanda

Well it looks I have a curse on me or something... I have been able to complete two successful flights now. INS problem solved. However, every time I try to use FTX Global by ORBX the "FSLabs Runways.bin database still initializing / loading - please wait..." stays FOREVER. And I mean FOREVER. I have tried to be patient. Very patient... Even after more than 4 hours the green bar stays there. I can trigger this behaviour everytime. Now. Because I had always installed Concorde first and then the addons, I tried to keep the ORBX sceneries and then install Concorde-X on top. Last night it worked. After 2-3 minutes she was ready to fly. It was very late and I did not have the time to complete a flight, so I left it there. Today, I was anxious to fly again but, guess what... The green bar has returned; even if I have not changed a thing after the successful load last night. As I was saying, it seems there is a curse on me. I am really close to giving up and just wait for Concorde-X for P3Dv4 :-(

Ramón Cutanda

I found a workaround. While the " FSLabs Runways.bin database still initializing" message was on, I changed the the view from "Virtual Cockpit" (default) to "Outside -> Locked spot" To my surprise, instead of the "Locked spot" view I got the Concorde-X 2D panel. And even more surprising...  I saw the initialization countdown and... voilà. Ready to go. Right now I am in the middle of a short subsonic hop. In my next flight I will try to load A320-X for P3Dv3 first. Thanks for the tip. I will keep you updated.

Bests,

Ramón Cutanda
2 hours ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

If you own the A320-X for P3Dv3, try loading that and allowing the Runways.bin file to be created... then try the Concorde-X again?

Here you have the Chronology so far:

1. Concorde-X was loading correctly until last night I installed some ORBX scenery: FTX Global, Vector, OpenLC and the Pacific/Rockies. I have had OOM memory issues in the past and I wanted to check if I could fly those areas.

2. After that, the "FSLabs Runways.bin database still initializing" green bar went on forever.

3. Uninstalled and reinstalled Concorde-X. During the first load, I watched closely the P3D\FSLabs\Runways folder. If my memory does not fail me, the runways.bin was 0 Kb in size just after Concorde-X was installed. During the first loading, I saw a TXT file, whose name I cannot remember at this point. Once the process finished, the TXT file was gone and the runways.bin file was 11,120 KB in size.

4. After that I could complete a flight successfully.

5. The next day (today) I reopen the sim. *I DID NOT ADD OR CHANGED ANY SCENERY WHATSOEVER* but the "FSLabs Runways.bin database still initializing" appeared again forever.

6. I changed the view to Virtual Cockpit" (default) to "Outside -> Locked spot" . Insted of the "locked spot" view I got Concorde's 2D cockpit view, but the "FSLabs Runways.bin database still initializing" disappeared and the initialization countdown started and completed normally.

7. After that, I could sucessfully complete a flight over the Rockies.

8. After landing, I closed the sim and installed the A320-X and restarted the system.

9. The A320-X *DID NOT SHOW* the "FSLabs Runways.bin database still initializing" green bar. The Runways.bin is now exactly the same size: 11,120 KB

10. I closed the sim, reopend and loaded Concorde. This time, I got directly the initialization message. No "FSLabs Runways.bin database still initializing"

My next step (tomorro) will be installing/uninstalling some sceneries and see how Concorde-X behaves. I will let you know.

Bests,

Lefteris Kalamaras

Hi Ramon,

the Runways.bin file is deleted / recreated if the sceneries in your config have been updated since the last time Runways.bin was created. The timestamp of the file is the criterion for that.

See what happens and if you can consistently repro the issue and we'll take a look.

Ramón Cutanda

Today I started a new flight. I DID NOT make any change whatsoever to the scenery files. And there it was the Runways.bin message again. I closed the sim, reopened, loaded the A320-X (no Runways.bin message). Then closed the sim again, re-load Concorde and no Runways.bin this time.

After that, I could finally start the original flight I had in mind ever since I installed v1.40: KJFK-KBFI. I could fly that route a couple of days ago with a 100% fresh P3D, but I always had OOM errors in the past with ORBX sceneries and I wanted to check if there was any difference now. And... no difference. ORBX FTX Global +  Vector + openLC + NA Pacific Northwest is still too demanding for Concorde-X. I did the reverse route (KBFI-KJFK) and I got the OOM error about 25 nm from KJFK.

After that OOM error, I reloaded the sim and Concorde-X. No "Runways.bin" error this time. If I get it again I will try to reproduce and share the steps.

Bests,

Kyprianos Biris

Ramon did you have any heavy add on scenery at KBFI departure area and any other in New York area except KJFK and ORBX?

I handle VAS just to the limit with CONC and New York area by NOT having any add on scenery in the other end (e.g. EGLL).

I use the medium (page 34/159) settings from the AVSIM guide.

Ramón Cutanda

Thanks for the tip Kyprianos. I wasn't complaining about not being able to complete this flight. I was just testing to see if could notice any improvement in memory usage in this version in comparison with others. So it was a 100% a test flight and I was expecting the OOM. Actually, I was somehow surprised to see how far I could get, just about 20 miles from KJFK. Just as a refence, I was using these sceneries:

ORBX: FTX Global +  Vector + North America openLC + NA Pacific Northwest

Drzewiecki Design: KBFI + KJFK

Now, regarding the Runways.bin it seems loading the A320-X solved the problem. I have now installed a new scenery, ORBX KSAN and the Runways.bin file reloaded in under 3 minutes.

This is what I could see just seconds before the process ended:

runwaysbin.jpg.8721b98685d5a40f219195cb9b3b36d3.jpg

I will complete a couple more of flights, and then reinstall averything from scratch (P3D and Concorde) to confirm if I can reproduce the never ending Runways.bin loading without A320-X installed.

Bests,

Kyprianos Biris
5 hours ago, Ramón Cutanda said:

Drzewiecki Design: KBFI + KJFK 

This is your issue. Heavy Scenery in both ends.

ORBX stuff & DD KBFI

ORBX stuff & DD KJFK

You have to disable one of the three to make it with some 200~300mb VAS to spare.

Kyprianos Biris

I did a complete EGLL-KJFK flight first time after the 1.40 update.

With the

[RenderAsync]

All=0

setting 

INS did not freeze and ADI never tumbled.

To keep VAS within limits I used default EGLL and FSDT's KJFK with ORBX global stuff only.

Departure remaining VAS (from Chaseplane indicated number) was ~750mb at EGLL, on landing at FSDT's KJFK VAS was ~200Mb and 130Mb parked at gate.

I use the medium (page 34/159) settings from the AVSIM guide.

• 1 month later...
Ray Proudfoot
46 minutes ago, james wang said:

Hello  dear sir , I made the modification according to the above instructions, but I still can't.

........=1

........=1

[RenderAsync]
ADI_CP=1
ADI_FO=1
ALL=0

James, you need to remove the first two lines leaving only the ALL=0 one.

Kyprianos Biris

Just to make it clear, the ALL=0 (by removing the ADI= stuff) is about the graphics issue tumbled ADI and the INSs freeze issue.

For the FSLabs options issues (VFE controlling fuel management etc.) they are the other =1 settings in the same file that shall be changed manually to =0 based on personal preferences.

1 hour ago, Kyprianos Biris said:

为了说清楚,ALL = 0(通过删除ADI =东西)是关于图形问题下降ADI和INSs冻结问题。

对于FSLabs选项问题(VFE控制燃料管理等),它们是同一文件中的其他= 1设置,应根据个人喜好手动更改为= 0。

Hello, dear Sir. I set all of them equal to 0 and I still can't change the Settings

Ray Proudfoot
1 hour ago, james wang said:

Hello, dear Sir. I did it your way but I  still   couldn't change the Settings

James, if you want to change the Virtual Flight Engineer settings you should be able to turn them off in the FS Labs Concorde interface.

Addons - FS Labs - Settings  - Options. Just change the things you want to control yourself. Untick the box against the command.

The other place to do it is:-

P3D\FSLabs\ConcordeXgauges.ini

[Virtual EO]

Fuel Management=0

Will switch VFE fuel management off and it is under your control.

9 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

詹姆斯,如果你想改变虚拟飞行工程师设置,你应该可以在FS Labs Concorde界面中关闭它们。

插件 - FS实验室 - 设置 - 选项。只需改变你想要自己控制的东西。取消对命令的框。

另一个地方是: -

P3D \ FSLabs \ ConcordeXgauges.ini

[虚拟EO]

燃油管理= 0

将关闭VFE燃料管理,它在您的控制之下。

hello,dear ray。 I can't change any Settings in the game. I can't change the passengers and fuel. I set all the files to 0, and I can't turn off the virtual engineer in the game.

• 1 month later...
  • Lefteris Kalamaras unpinned this topic