Ray Proudfoot

Concorde Flight Plans Now Available

Ray Proudfoot

I have created 24 flight plans that match those supplied in the official FSLabs ConcordeX release.

These are compatible with Electronic Flight Bag, Active Sky Next and other suitable software.

You can download them from the Downloads link above.

Hope they help make your Concorde flights more informative and enjoyable. :)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Morten Steen

Brulliant Ray, thank you for the contribution!

Ray Proudfoot

You're welcome Morten. :)

I've just discovered a wrong latitude in 48.AWC. WAL should be N53 23.5 and not N53 53.5. All users are advised to amend their copy.

The correct waypoint is in the EGCC-CYYZ plan.

Jonathan Fong

Erm...are these the same as these flight plan routes:

http://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/conc_fpl.zip

which have been available since 2008?

If so (not accusing you of copying), I think some credit is due. If not, I'd suggest a small disclaimer in the OP stating that you have created these by yourself.

CaptKornDog

Would be neat to see KIAD-LFPG/LFPG-KIAD added in the mix. And also perhaps putting the actual flight plan route text available somewhere.

Søren Dissing

I don't think they are the same - Paul Haworth's flightplans are in FS9 (plain text) format whereas those posted by Ray are in FSX format (.xml)

Cheers,

Søren

Ray Proudfoot

If so (not accusing you of copying), I think some credit is due. If not, I'd suggest a small disclaimer in the OP stating that you have created these by yourself.

I haven't used those. I created mine from the FSLabs-supplied PDFs in PFPX.

You may have noticed that in that zip EGLLKJFK has UPGAS shown as Fix01 whereas mine gives it the correct name.

Also, all my FLs are 600 whereas they're lower in that package.

• Like 2

Ray Proudfoot

Would be neat to see KIAD-LFPG/LFPG-KIAD added in the mix. And also perhaps putting the actual flight plan route text available somewhere.

That wasn't in the PDFs unfortunately. Also, the very few AF plans were very simple compared to the BA ones. As these plans are to be loaded directly into relevant software packages extra info such as the route would probably cause it not to load. If you have EFB it does display the route in the format you want. Does copy and paste work?

Jonathan Fong

Ah, very well then. Carry on :)

Ramón Cutanda

I was just thinking about flying those same routes :-) You saved me some very valuable time. Thanks so much.

• Like 1

Ray Proudfoot

I was just thinking about flying those same routes :-) You saved me some very valuable time. Thanks so much.

You're very welcome Ramon. One good turn (your videos) deserves another. I've flown EGCC-CYYZ twice now but that long subsonic leg is a bit tedious.

Ramón Cutanda

This is my proposal to fly all FSLabs routes:

01 KJFK Nueva York Kennedy KIAD Washington Dulles
02 KIAD Washington Dulles EGLL Londres Heathrow
03 EGLL Londres Heathrow KJFK Nueva York Kennedy
04 KJFK Nueva York Kennedy LFPG Paris Charles de Gaulle
05 LFPG Paris Charles de Gaulle LFPG Paris Charles de Gaulle
06 LFPG Paris Charles de Gaulle KJFK Nueva York Kennedy
07 KJFK Nueva York Kennedy KJFK Nueva York Kennedy
08 KJFK Nueva York Kennedy EGLL Londres Heathrow
09 EGLL Londres Heathrow OBBI Baréin
10 OBBI Baréin WSSS Singapur Changi
11 WSSS Singapur Changi OBBI Baréin
12 OBBI Baréin EGLL Londres Heathrow
13 EGLL Londres Heathrow HECA Cairo
14 HECA Cairo EGLL Londres Heathrow
15 EGLL Londres Heathrow TBPB Barbados
16 TBPB Barbados EGLL Londres Heathrow
17 EGLL Londres Heathrow KBOS Boston
18 KBOS Boston EGLL Londres Heathrow
19 EGLL Londres Heathrow EGPH Edimburgo
20 EGPH Edimburgo EGLL Londres Heathrow
21 EGLL Londres Heathrow CYYZ Toronto
22 CYYZ Toronto EGLL Londres Heathrow
23 EGLL Londres Heathrow EGCC Manchester
24 EGCC Manchester CYYZ Toronto
25 CYYZ Toronto EGLL Londres Heathrow
26 EGLL Londres Heathrow EGLL Londres Heathrow
27 EGLL Londres Heathrow KIAD Washington Dulles
28 KIAD Washington Dulles KMIA Miami
29 KMIA Miami KIAD Washington Dulles
30 KIAD Washington Dulles KJFK Nueva York Kennedy
31 KJFK Nueva York Kennedy KBFI Boeing Field (Seattle)

Scroll down three more post for additional info :-)

Chris Clarke

I have created 24 flight plans that match those supplied in the official FSLabs ConcordeX release.

These are compatible with Electronic Flight Bag, Active Sky Next and other suitable software.

You can download them from the Downloads link above.

Hope they help make your Concorde flights more informative and enjoyable. :)

Hi Ray,

I only just noticed these were up now. Thanks so much, I'll give some of them a shot... A friend and I are planning to do JFK to Heathrow first. We finally nailed the Heathrow to JFK leg. Nobody has ever been that interested in my Sim, now that I have Concorde X, I've had two visitors to do the JFK flight...

Ray Proudfoot

Cheers Chris,

It was your request that prompted me to create all of them. Glad you find them useful. Make sure you alter the WAL coordinates for EGCC-CYYZ.

Nice to know Concorde still turns heads. :)

Ramón Cutanda

Based on the real Concorde Flight Plans included by Flightsim Labs with its Concorde X on the one hand and on the Ray Proudfoot’s .pln files from this post on the other, I’ve put all the available flights in order to create a “logic” tour than can be flown in sequence.

You can access the tour in the following link:

http://simulaciondevuelo.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/FSlabsConcordeRoutes.zip

On the other hand, I remind you I have designed two other "world tours" specifically designed to be flown with Concorde:

http://simulaciondevuelo.com/world-tours-designed-for-concorde/

I hope these will be of your liking.

Bests,

sauviat

Ray, using the training flight egll-kjfk, also the pre-loaded start on the runway at egll, I have a question on segment 12 AWC, once loaded.

Is there an issue with AWC 12? At waypoint 7 (Kelda) it turns towards waypoint 8 (Linnd) which is good, but thereafter it does not pick up waypoint 9 and turns to a more westerly continuation, of course missing out waypoint 1 (Owenz). The aircraft continues towards the coast until a long way south of waypoint 2 (Camrn) then turns north but not towards waypoint 2!

I have done this about 8 times now with Concorde-X and it is always the same issue at the same point. On checking INS and all the waypoint coordinates, there is nothing irregular there. They are the same Civa files as the SSTSIM and never had the issue in hundreds of flights therein.

I use Plan G on another computer and the red trail of the track does not vary.

OK I have raised an issue directly with Lefteris, which may be to do with the way the licence is checked, and followed his specific set of instructions, but the waypoint issue does not go away. So I do not know if it is related other than he indicated that it was not my flying.

Thank you.

Ray Proudfoot

Hi Martin,

The flight plans match the waypoints in the supplied CIVA files so you should not have a problem especially with the EGLL-KJFK tutorial flight which many of us have flown numerous times.

After LINND the next waypoint is 72W followed by OWENZ. 72W was not always flown over in real life but it remains in the plan. You will find that because 72W is so close to LINND the INS will not keep it as the active waypoint for very long. In fact as soon as the aircraft turns slightly south of west after passing LINND it will then turn NW to track inbound to OWENZ. Just watch the indicator on the HSI and you should see it change. The aircraft will always stay north of 72W.

Providing the AFCS has 350kts set as IAS HOLD it shouldn't be going that fast to miss the waypoints. Other than providing a video so we can see what is happening I'm not sure what else I can suggest.

sauviat

Yes, I had noticed in SSTSIM it was a left then right for 72W and then on to Linnd. However, this is a blatant left to the West without fail.

I have also noted that at 59nm to Kenda with Alt Hold, AT1 down, Chrono on, but F2 does not always kick in to reduce speed. IAS Hold works fine when it does work at 350kts. Descending to FL390 then 14000ft is not an issue and that is coming from about 58000ft.

Should the issue be one of speed, then the question would be why does F2 not kick in?

Lefteris has not responded as yet to the issue he was looking at.

Ray Proudfoot

I think you mean OWENZ after 72W, not LINND.

Try CTRL+F5 but remember you must press the white button a couple of minutes beforehand to arm the system.

ALT HOLD must be set
Both AT1 / AT2 off

sauviat

Yes Owenz. I was intimating that Alt Hold was set. AT2 is already down and both are only up again at 350kts to maintain speed.

If you are referring to the Warning and Landing Display (working from 2D) it must be pressed within the previous 10 minutes. I can say that of the two green lights, the bottom one has never been alight!

Kyprianos Biris

If you are referring to the Warning and Landing Display (working from 2D) it must be pressed within the previous 10 minutes. I can say that of the two green lights, the bottom one has never been alight!

The second comes to light only if autoland (CAT IIIa in today's standards) conditions are met. Electrics switches set per tutorial, Test button used beforehand, Same ILS frequency on both NAVs, same ILS course on both NAVs, both autothrottles active and Autopilot in LAND mode with both Autopilots working. Only then you get the 2 lights and the proper flare and rollout mode for an autoland.

sauviat

Petakas, thank you. Now, where has that Tutorial PDF disappeared to - the one in braille! B)

sauviat

F2 worked a treat and descent and speed reduced through to 350kts.

Still the same issue after Linnd where the INS does not follow on. Sill heads to extreme west and then turns north, but not as per the flight plan, etc.

Still I always continue by following TRK HDG to a point to pick up ILS with everything as meant to be, including electrics, I have the two green lights and set to LAND, the call outs are fine. When touching down the autoland does not operate and none of the AT1, AT2, AP1, etc drop out. I just let the aircraft continue just to the River Hudson before it stopped and still none of the switches dropped out.

Ray Proudfoot

Martin,

It is very hard to diagnose a problem without some kind of image to show the problem.

This is how the aircraft behaves during the descent into JFK. If yours differs then please try to provide some kind of screenshot that shows the path your flight is taking. This was using FS Earth by Luciano Napolitano but it only works with FS9 and FSX:MS.

Conc_Descent.png

sauviat

Ray, I use Plan G on a separate computer and the flight trail is very clear. I can take a screen print the next time I take a flight. At present I keep starting at TUT_8 just about 150 miles from Kenda. So this should give you a picture of the actual route with waypoints, etc.

One thing - how to place the screen shot on here? I tend to save in a word document. I can save as a Jpeg, but where next?

Thanks

Lefteris has still not responded to the PM of the information he required on Saturday. Trust he doesn't have to build v1.4!

Ray Proudfoot

Martin,

There are several free 'cloud' services where you can upload images to. I use Dropbox.

Upload your png file to the Public folder and you then have the option of sharing the link.

Use the Image icon that is in the second row of icons available when you reply to a post to post the link here.

sauviat

We use Drop Box, so no problem, as long as I can isolate it from other material.

As a trial, does this work?

Ray Proudfoot

No. Don't post the actual URL in your message. Use Dropbox to copy the link and then press the Image icon and paste the path.

Can you also start a new thread please? The Flight Plan topic isn't really appropriate.

BAW277

Hi Ray,

I tried to load your flightplans into CPS and they do not seem to work. Did you try this for yourself? What am I doing maybe wrong?

Thanks in advance

Holger Kneib

Ray Proudfoot

Hi Ray,

I tried to load your flightplans into CPS and they do not seem to work. Did you try this for yourself? What am I doing maybe wrong?

Thanks in advance

Holger Kneib

Hi Holger,

I can load them okay. Just tried EGCC-CYYZ without problem. Can you give more info such as an error message or screenshot?

• Like 1

BAW277

Hi Ray,

I reinstalled the newest version and found, that the mistake was completely on my side, not following the right order to load a flightplan correctly.

Thanks for your help and kindness!

Holger

Ray Proudfoot

Glad to hear the problem is solved. :)

Jip van Kuijk

I can't seem to find the downloads?

Ray Proudfoot

At the top of this page are four links. Forum - Downloads - Staff - Online users.

Click Downloads and you'll see the file there.