• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ray Proudfoot

• Ramón Cutanda

• Chris Clarke

• No_Name

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- NOTA: Hay una versión en español de este tutorial en este enlace: http://simulacionde

The uploading of the first part finished today, Monday 1st of February, at about 15:00z but, for some unknown reason, Youtube is still "proccessing" the video, so it seems there's been some kind of pr

I've watched the first two 'episodes' and I'm enjoying it a lot. I didn't know the purpose of the drain heaters so it's helped my education. Useful tip too about using INS2 in manual mode for s

Kyprianos Biris

Congratulations Ramon.

Very well composed and very human with all the tiny mistakes anyone can do.

I prefer your accent than the usual perfect American or English !

I like the parts where you don't only go through the procedure but also spend few moments to explain the background.

Today I managed to complete the series.

Well the way to do it was to fly the Barbados route and have enough time to see them on the other screen en route.

Ramón Cutanda

First of all, I apologize for having been "silent" for so long, but the last 7-10 days have been really busy ones and I just needed to focus all my time and resources on other topics; just the other way round as during my beta testing, when I spent 100% of my free time flying Concorde.

I am still pretty short of free time, but I will try, at least, to get updated today.

Is there anywhere I can get a copy of your PDF tutorial with the yellow parts highlighted?

The PDF is FSLabs copyrighted material so I would have to ask for permission before sharing. But I really don't think it is necessary. You can easily highlight the steps yourself as you watch the tutorial :-)

Some years ago Ramon made an excellent checklist: http://ramoncutanda.com/alz/concorde/FSLabs_Concorde_Checklist.pdf

I didn't mentioned that checklist in the tutorial because I insist the tutorial is aimed at newcomers to Concorde. So, a "simple text" checklist, such as the afore mentioned PDF, would be more confusing that helpful without a visual reference. That's why I thought the highlighted PDF would be an easier way to get used to flying Concorde during the first flights. Nonetheless, I'm glad to read someone finds that checklist useful :-)

I was abit confused when Ramon was talking about pitch hold while adjusting the pitch datum, I might have misunderstud what he meant.

It was the terminology that got me. The pitch datum switch changes the VS bug, but has nothing to do with the pitch hold mode.

I'm sorry about that... I knew those kind of mistakes would arise. It happens to me all the time. Every single day during my lectures. When I am thinking several things at the same time I always get confused in the end, thinking on one thing but saying a different one. Just ask my students how may times I call them with the wrong name :-)

As I said before, I have been really busy during the past days and I've had virtually no time at all to update the tutorials. But I promise that, as soon as I find some time, I will add all your "notes" and corrections to the Youtube videos to warn future viewers of all the erros pointed out here in this thread. I trully appreciate your cooperation in that sense and, once again, I apologize for any inconvenience my "clumsiness" at times may have caused you.

Has anyone managed to get the Heathrow to JFK Tutorial flight loaded into Aivlasoft EFB? It'd be nice to have it running. I tried typing in the waypoints from the flightplan but it puts UPGAS somewhere out in the North Sea and the 67 W and SM 30 W type waypoints just aren't recognised... Can anyone help?

I don't have time right now to check it out but, as far as I remember, I think I showed in one of the videos how to create "custom" routes with Flightsim Commander. Once you've got the route in FSC is easy to save it in FSX/P3D flight plan file which AFB will read. I believe you need a registered version of FSC (paid) to be able to save routes; but it is the easiest way I know of creating custom routes using coordinates such as the ones used by Concorde.

Hello. Sorry to but in, but what does EFB do? Is it kinda like a 'moving map' software? Thanks!

I really have a TERRIBLE memory. Seriously. But, once again, as far as I remember I used EFB in several steps of the flight. Very likely during arrival. In those parts of the video will be easy to preview some of the functions of EFB. It's a great substitute of navigation charts. Not as good as the real charts, but very close. Once again, I will include links to the exact video and time when I find some time.

Finally, and a little bit offtopic, I've been doing dozens of tutorials in Spanish over the years. But I hardly ever do them in English. For two reasons: firstly, because usually there are TONS of documentation in English for every single topic. So, 99% of the time I would not be able to contribute with anything useful that had not already been produced and shared. It is much easier to share something useful in Spanish. Secondly, and as non-native speaker who has never lived out of Spain, I have the certainty that I make mistakes and that my accent must sound "weird" After sharing my tutorials, suddendly, I just felt curious about how I would sound to both native and non-native English viewers. The tutorial just seemed as an excelent "excuse" to ask a varied, anonimous and objective group of people, so I decided to post that quick questionaire. I've found it both fun and useful to find out how the very same videos can be perceived so differently from both native and non-native speakers. But, fortunately, for most of you my "weird" English has not been an obstacle to find the tutorial useful. And that's the really important part. Thanks for all your great feedback. As promised, I will update the videos as soon as possible.

Bests,

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...
Todd Harrell

Ramon,

I've read the tutorial and am now watching your excellent video tutorials. Thanks for putting these together. Very educational and informative. Your English is very good, by the way.

Todd