My Concorde X Video Tutorial

Ramón Cutanda

Ramón Cutanda

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTA: Hay una versión en español de este tutorial en este enlace:

http://simulaciondevuelo.com/tutorial-en-espanol-concorde-x-de-flightsim-labs/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel really excited to share with you that I have been working on a Concorde X video tutorial during the last days after v1.3 public release. The result is a tutorial that runs for a total of 4 hours and 41 minutes. It follows very closely the PDF tutorial provided by FSLabs, so there aren't really many new things under the sun. However, I hope that "watching" the tutorial in a video format can help new users to complete successfully their first flights.

If you have some time, I would appreciate you would answer a couple of questions about the tutorial (click here) even if you have only seen a couple of minutes. It is completely optional, but I just feel curious about a couple of things. Thanks for your time.

Bests,

---------------------
DISCLAIMER
---------------------

1. This tutorial IS NOT, by any means, an official FSLabs documentation.

2. I am just a passionate user trying to help other users in their first steps with Concorde. HOWEVER (and believe me; this is a BIG however) I am VERY FAR from being an "expert" either in the real Concorde or in the Concorde X product by FSLabs.

3. Even doing my best to provide an information as accurate and valuable as possible, I have the CERTAINTY that the tutorial will be filled with inaccurate information, both about the real Concorde and the Concorde X model.

4. Although "my method", detailed in this tutorial, is far from accurate or perfect, it works fine for me and helps me to enjoy flying Concorde X all around the world. So, once again, my only intention is to share with others something that makes me more than happy.

5. Experienced users won't be able to learn a thing from this tutorial, but will spot plenty of errors. Anyone is more than welcome to share corrections or suggestions in this thread.

6. Changing the videos once they are on Youtube is highly complicated; but I will add "notes" to the problematic sections to warn viewers of the discrepancies between what I say or do and what I should have said or done. Depending on the amount or "seriousness" of my mistakes, I could even consider creating an extra video, a sort of "addendum", mentioning all those errors and their correction.

7. English is not my mother tongue so, at times, I was "overloaded" during the recording of the video trying, at the same time, to follow the procedures, control the aircraft, think what I wanted to say and find out the best way to say it in English. I hope you all will understand and "forgive" my clumsiness at times :-)

Part 1

00:00 Introduction, presentation and warnings
02:54 About my system
07:33 Avoid problems by Loading the Piper J-3 Cub first (Trike in FSX)
09:39 The wonderful FSLabs' tutorial
11:35 Loading Concorde at the scenery
13:47 Preliminary checklist part 1
26:55 Preliminary checklist part 2: INS Part 1
38:17 Before start checklist Part 1
51:12 Before start checklist part 2: INS Part 2

Part 2

00:00 Preparing the departure
04:43 Calculating performance with FSLabs Calculator
08:01 Concorde Performance System
26:08 Take-off settings
32:52 Noise abatement procedure
36:50 Before start checklist part 3
36:53 Engine start and pushback

Part 3

00:00 After start checklist
06:31 Taxi checklists
17:27 Just some boring taxiing...

Part 4

00:00 Before takeoff checklist
06:21 About my P3D settings
09:22 Take-off
12:49 After take-off checklist
16:00 N2 power values during noise abatement
19:28 Mach 0.7 / Climb checklist
23:53 Climbing to FL260
29:01 Over Filton... home!

Part 5

00:00 Getting ready for transonic acceleration
05:57 "Breaking" the sound barrier :-)
09:23 Transonic checklist
11:28 The air intakes "magic" at 1.3
14:14 Mach 1.7. Reheats off
16:38 The effect of external temperature on climb
19:34 Getting ready for cruise and Mach 2
24:40 MAX CLIMB & MAX CUISE explained
26:43 Loading the next CIVA card

Part 6

00:00 Preparing the DME update
10:21 DME update process
13:31 Loading the final CIVA card
17:14 Planning the descend
26:04 Preparation for deceleration and descend
30:26 Deceleration and descend
37:14 Reference speeds for landing
39:01 Mach 1.0 checklist

Part 7

00:00 Checking weather and charts at destination
05:15 Inserting custom waypoints
08:22 Preparing approach
10:37 Calculating the rate of descend for the IAF
13:20 Approach checklist
16:45 CAT II and III requirements
17:44 Landing procedure

Part 8

00:00 Final approach
02:13 Landing checklist
08:20 Short final
11:32 After landing checklist
17:48 Taxi to the gate
19:03 Parking checklist
23:16 Stopover checklist
24:30 Saving your current panel state
25:56 Final comments :-)

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ray Proudfoot

• Ramón Cutanda

• Chris Clarke

• Jonathan Fong

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- NOTA: Hay una versión en español de este tutorial en este enlace: http://simulacionde

The uploading of the first part finished today, Monday 1st of February, at about 15:00z but, for some unknown reason, Youtube is still "proccessing" the video, so it seems there's been some kind of pr

I've watched the first two 'episodes' and I'm enjoying it a lot. I didn't know the purpose of the drain heaters so it's helped my education. Useful tip too about using INS2 in manual mode for s

Ray Proudfoot

Sounds wonderful Ramon, well done.

The Academy Awards are in 3 weeks time. Shall we nominate you for an Oscar? :)

• Like 2
Ramón Cutanda

Looks very comprehensive. Do you use the CPS for the calculations or the default FSLabs Performance calculator ?

In this particular tutorial both:

Part 2

04:43 Calculating performance with FSLabs Calculator

08:01 Concorde Performance System

But I don't get very deep with CPS. Just a quick preview.

Bests,

Kyprianos Biris

This is certainly trending for a pinned post. Without having seen the video's yet, I know how well Ramon knows Concorde from the beta testing phase.

Thank you Ramon.

Jean L. Leborne

"Impressionnant"

What a summit to achieve !! FL600 indeed

Congrats Ramon ! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ramón Cutanda

The uploading of the first part finished today, Monday 1st of February, at about 15:00z but, for some unknown reason, Youtube is still "proccessing" the video, so it seems there's been some kind of problem. I will compress the original into another video format and try another upload tonight. I'm sorry for the delay, but this "technical problem" was completely unexpected.

I'll keep you updated.

Bests,

UPDATE: I've just tried to "trim" a short fragment and upload it to Youtube (without ANY codec change) and... it worked! So the problem was not with the video codec or format. Maybe, during such a long upload, there was a problem with the connection and something went wrong. As I said, I'll try again tonight. Hope everything goes OK this time :-)

• Like 3
Ramón Cutanda

I'm afraid so... The Virtual Flight Engineer tasks (VFE) are not covered in this tutorial. Maybe in the future :-)

Bests,

Jonathan Fong

I'm afraid so... The Virtual Flight Engineer tasks (VFE) are not covered in this tutorial. Maybe in the future :-)

Bests,

No problem. I have a few new Concorde pilots in mind who will definitely enjoy your tutorial. Combined with UPS2000's BAW2 and Fuel Panel Tutorial video, new pilots will be up and running in no time!

• Like 1

Bests,

Excellent. Glad to hear this. No exp with the Concorde so it sounds like these videos will be very helpful getting me of the ground while the VFE does his thing! :D

Ramón Cutanda

I think you forgot to set the video to public, the video is private for me.

Ups... Sorry about that. It's public now. Thanks for the feedback :-)

Ray Proudfoot

Hi Ramon,

I tried searching for this video on YouTube but it isn't listed. Any reason why?

Jonathan Fong

I'm watching it now, and so far it's the best video tutorial for Concorde BY FAR! I will probably be watching this full set of videos once released to refresh my skills once in a while (much like an IRL refresher course), and will forward it to some new CONC pilots. One small mistake though - you say that in addon scenery like Aerosoft's and UK2000's Heathrow that the Concorde stand is 241, while it's actually 421. Just saying :)

P/S: You don't actually need to load the entire sim (press 'OK' in P3D or 'Fly Now' in FSX) before loading Concorde X. As long as a default aircraft such as the J3 Cub or the Trike (for FSX) is the aircraft first shown when the P3D Scenario Setup/FSX Free Flight screen comes up, you can just switch to the Concorde X and fly. Source is HERE (and my personal testing/experience).

Ramón Cutanda

Part two published (First post updated)

Updated 02:40z: Part three published (First post updated)

Question: How you get beacon lights flashing with no electrical power at 13:50?

Well... I have no idea. The thing is that, for several reasons, I had to repeat the first part of the tutorial several times. Maybe that was a continuation of another panel state.

First bug! Sure many more will come. Thanks for pointing it out. Right now I don't have time to add a note, but I will :-)

you say that in addon scenery like Aerosoft's and UK2000's Heathrow that the Concorde stand is 241, while it's actually 421. Just saying :)

Actually, that's the gate I load. But maybe I was "overloading" thinking too many things at once :-) Thanks for sharing. I will add another note.

P/S: You don't actually need to load the entire sim (press 'OK' in P3D or 'Fly Now' in FSX) before loading Concorde X. As long as a default aircraft such as the J3 Cub or the Trike (for FSX) is the aircraft first shown when the P3D Scenario Setup/FSX Free Flight screen comes up, you can just switch to the Concorde X and fly. Source is HERE (and my personal testing/experience).

Usually, both method works. But, in my experience, I've always had better results loading first the Piper, and then switching to Concorde. But I agree. Loading directly from the startup screen shoud work.

Bests,

Jonathan Fong

Actually, that's the gate I load. But maybe I was "overloading" thinking too many things at once :-) Thanks for sharing. I will add another note

That's what I thought :) We all make mistakes sometimes... (I've forgotten to align the INSs and/or turn on the ADCs sometimes, to name a few)

Ramón Cutanda

Another example that my thinking in English is not as good as it should. I was in a hurry yersterday when I replied. I should have said "overloaded" instead of "overloading". But these things happen when you are using a second language. I know the videos must be filled with this kind of errors :-)

My upload speed has been unusually fast tonight and I've been able to upload parts 3 and 4. Part 5 is currently uploading, so it should also be ready by this Thursday evening (UTC) Once again, first post has been updated with the new links.

Bests,

• Like 1
Ray Proudfoot

Ramon,

I've been searching YouTube all week looking for your video but it just isn't showing. If you have a link to it could you provide it please?

Hey, in part 3 during controls check: Why only top rudder indication moves?

EDIT: AP won't work because you left some of the switches off at overhead panel. Possibly anti stall and electric trim switches.

EDIT2: ah, you find that out after minute or two. I'm commenting live. :D

EDIT3. At 10:30 you should check fuel crossfeed valves, not crossbleed.

Ramón Cutanda

Update: Part 5 available

Ramon,

I've been searching YouTube all week looking for your video but it just isn't showing. If you have a link to it could you provide it please?

All links are in the FIRST POST in this very same thread. I update it each time a new video is ready:

http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/6481-my-concorde-x-video-tutorial/#entry44865

EDIT3. At 10:30 you should check fuel crossfeed valves, not crossbleed.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll add a note to that part as soon as I find some time (quite difficult this week)

Ray Proudfoot

Update: Part 5 available

All links are in the FIRST POST in this very same thread. I update it each time a new video is ready:

Hi Ramon,

The problem (for me) viewing through your supplied link is I can'y see it full-screen on my iPad. That's why I installed the YouTube app so I could watch it on YouTube and have full-screen capability.

But searching for your name and ConcordeX failed to find it. I have it now from a link supplied on AvSim but it remains a mystery why searching on your name didn't show it.

Because name of his channel is simulaciondevuelo.com

EDIT: part3:

12:00 Reverse Air Shut Off Valve check - you should also check engine control panel for wind down lights and secondary nozzles.

13:00 Overhead oheat indicators are for windows overheat. Checklist challenges you to check big red fire handles for illumination.

Taxi checkilst should be done during taxi, but I understand it would be impossible to do that while talking and switching to pdf every few seconds. Some checks even cannot be done with stationary aircraft.

You should wait for centerline to pass behind your 3-9o'clock line before turning. Nose wheel is quite behind cockpit so turning too early would put main wheels and possibly nose wheel in grass :)

RW tip, when you're entering the runway, stop following yellow line and take as much runway space as you can. It usually doesn't matter, but that few meters can save your life one day.

Part4: You can delay after take off flow and checklist and enjoy handflying. It flies wonderfully. :)

• Like 1