[Resolved] Crash With Fsl Spotlights After Minimizing The Window Of The Simulator.

Aleksey Kochi

Aleksey Kochi

I use windowed mode and sometimes I put it on pause and minimize the window of the simulator. After installation in P3DV3.1 FSL Spotlights to work in Concorde 1.3 , I can't restore the window simulator and get a crash.

This happens with any aircraft I use. Including F22 default. Not only with Concorde-X 1.3

If I remove FSL Spotlights, everything works fine.

Computer specification in the signature.

Aleksey Kochi

Forgot to add, this problem only in P3DV3. I have installed FSX and there such problems with FSL Spotlights no. Everything works fine in FSX.

Aleksey Kochi

I found when this problem appears in P3DV3.1 on my computer with the FSL Spotlights.

1. When I deleted Prepar3D.cfg and turned on the simulator, there were no problems. Minimizing, and restoring windows was fine with the default settings.

2. Then I started to configure the simulator. I changed the setting back to the simulator and check the minimize and restore the window.
Each change I checked. Everything was fine until the time came to configure the shadows.

3. I set shadows on all objects (trees, houses, airplanes ...). Everything is fine until I turned on unlimited frame rate and vertical sync

4. When checked again minimizing, and restoring Windows, I got the message display driver stopped responding and has recovered then crash P3D V3.

The experiment was repeated three times with the same result.

Aleksey Kochi

Finding the problem narrowed down.
If I turn on HDR the problem goes away. (I don't usually use HDR on P3D3, I don't like it)
I don't know how related FSLSpotLights and HDR, but if I turn off HDR, it will crash the video driver and then P3DV3, it happens when I restore the window of the simulator

• 1 month later...
Aleksey Kochi

Hi. It's me again. :)
Sometimes I meet again the old problem. This happens even with HDR enabled. I noticed one peculiarity. If I hide the window of the simulator for a short time, for example 5 minutes, then return the window perfectly. If I hide the window, for example 30 minutes and more, the simulator is running, the aircraft at flight level, when I restore the window is happen CTD. 

It happens with any plane. Not only ConcordeX. If I turn off the module (FSLSpotLights.off) , the problem goes away.

Of course I have the latest version FslSpotlights 1.19  and Concord 1.32. P3DV3.2