Concorde-X V1.3 - Nda Gag Order Lifted!

Lefteris Kalamaras

Lefteris Kalamaras

Captains,

I am posting this little note here to inform everyone that the gag order applied to our Concorde-X beta testers by the NDA is lifted effective immediately!

While this does not mean they can discuss internal testing procedures and protocol covered by the NDA, they are now free to discuss the improvements and new features that version 1.3 carries, as well as post pictures of the new version, as it looks on FSX Legacy, Steam and Prepar3D v2 and v3.

I am hoping that this will generate some more excitement for all our friends - it does mean that release of v1.3 is now in short-final. We have resolved the two major issues we had and apart from some cosmetic work and documentation updates still waiting to be worked out, there's only one little item remaining now in FSX Steam when it's running in Full Screen - unfortunately, while we've asked Dovetail for assistance, it seems they are quite understandably busy and haven't yet indicated they can help out. If they don't respond in time, we'll be releasing v1.3 as-is and expect that a larger customer base asking for help might push them a bit more :).

The other news about the Concorde-X v1.3 is that we're going to be releasing it simultaneously for Prepar3D - and it's compatible with both P3D v2.5 and P3D v3.1! This feature was quite frequently demanded and we are happy to say we obliged! The Prepar3D version will sell separately and unfortunately (as I mentioned in our Facebook post) there is no upgrade path for it, but we hope that this is well understood by our customers as the work to get the P3D version was a LOT more than we anticipated and there are also licensing issues that prohibit us from an upgrade.

And, before you ask - I am not yet 100% sure when the release will actually take place, but with only a few minor items on the table, it should not be much longer (uh oh... now I jinxed it...) :)

Talk soon!

• Like 1
Jonathan Fong

"Fanbase Control, Update Concorde 13 established on the ILS, runway 01."

"Update 13, cleared immediate landing runway 01, please expedite."

Hooray! Here comes v1.3! All aboard the hype train! Just to be sure though - we will be able to redownload this through the same page once releaased that you would use if you purchased the download protection and wanted a redownload,right? Anyway, time for ALL the refreshes of the forum!

Lefteris Kalamaras

"..We will be able to redownload this through the same page once releaased that you would use if you purchased the download protection and wanted a redownload,right?

Yes, if you have purchased the eSellerate download protection in the past 365 days from the date of v1.3 releases, you should be able to redownload! For the rest, there's a nominal ($4.99) charge which covers the redownload costs on our provider (we don't make any money on that).

Jonathan Fong

Yes, if you have purchased the eSellerate download protection in the past 365 days from the date of v1.3 releases, you should be able to redownload! For the rest, there's a nominal ($4.99) charge which covers the redownload costs on our provider (we don't make any money on that).

Thanks for the confirmation! Excitedly waiting upon news of release...

Jonathan Fong

Let's start with some screeshots in P3D v3.1... :-)

-album snip-

Absolutely beautiful. Hype levels are through the roof over here! One question - has the issue where the gauges switch from night to day textures too soon been fixed? It's somewhat annoying to be enjoying descending into LHR during dawn and having your instruments turn dark all of a sudden.

Lefteris Kalamaras

Absolutely beautiful. Hype levels are through the roof over here! One question - has the issue where the gauges switch from night to day textures too soon been fixed? It's somewhat annoying to be enjoying descending into LHR during dawn and having your instruments turn dark all of a sudden.

This is an issue of the simulation platform and when it signals the different "TIME_OF_DAY" transitions...

Lawrence Ashworth

Here are a few quick snaps from some recent trips.

Afterburner effects with wing condensation.

Untitled_1.jpg

Cockpit with light hitting the central console.

image.jpg

Over London and just captured the glideslope for landing on 27R.

cra.jpg

Peering over that lovely nose!

image.jpg

Ramón Cutanda

And after the first screenshots... here are my impressions :-)

Ever since I moved to P3D I completely forgot about FSX. So I had not flown Concorde in over a year. Flying her in P3D v3.1 is a completely renewed experience. As Lefteris said a couple of days ago, although the textures haven't really changed, the new P3D lighting environment really makes wonders and the flying experience is now much more inmersive even with a "vanilla" P3D with no addons. But when you combine Concorde X with some of the most popular addons the result is just gorgeus.

Beta-testing has really been a exciting, and intense, experience. Flying Concorde is ALWAYS a pleasure, no matter what. But when beta testing extra attention needs to be paid to every single detail. That, in return, has helped me learn and understand many things. And the more I learn about the real aircraft the more amazed I am about the level of detail and realism of FSLabs work to replicate the real aircraft as closely as possible..

The visual improvement of using Concorde X in P3D are pretty obvious. There are, however, many other tweaks and improvements "under the hood" that can only be felt in flight. I won't discuss here the technical details. I would rather leave that part to the FSLabs. What I can share though, is that Concorde is now more "intelligent" regarding external factors (ie, the weather outside) and basic controls (Primary Flight Controls and AutoThrottle mainly) I find now much more easy to fly the aircraft the way I want, either with the more precise autopilot controls or handflying. It is also easier to predict the climbing and descends as they are more precise now. Everything responds smoothly and "as expected".

Not having flown Concorde in over a year is a long time to be able to make very precise comparisons betwen v1.2 running in FSX and v1.3 running in P3D v3.1. But, as I said before, the new environment together with the improvements in the physics and systems have left me with a sensation of a much better inmersion feeling. To say it simple, I find the Concorde experience being now much more "intense"

Most of my testing has been done with a "vanilla default" P3D, with no tweakings and no addons. But I have also made some testing with a "Fully loaded" P3D (ASN, FS Global Ultimate, FTX Global + Vector + Trees + EuropeLC + NorthAmericaLC, REX, GSX, MyTrafficX v6, Several detailed airport...) and even with a not so fast CPU (3,6 Ghz) and a "weird" Mac Pro GPU not so efficient for gaming, I've had a most pleasant experience with well over 25fps inside the VC most of the times. And that was using plain default P3D settings with no tweaking whatsoever.

Ah... And I would say you will forget about OOM. I made a test flight from Aerosoft EGLL to Flytampa LGAV, crossing Europe with all the afore mentioned addons, and I arrived my destination with 0.8 GB of free VAS :-)

I am so happy with this new P3D version and I really have to thank the FSLabs team for providing me with this amazing experience of being able to take part of this highly professional, and above all passionate, team.

I am certain all of you will enjoy this new version. And very soon.

Bests,

Kyprianos Biris

Have you ever used the second light switch on the Captain's / FO's side panel ?

Its for the flood lighting.

The answer is NO because stock FS flood lighting in v1.2 (SP2) sucks !

Well now you'll be using it.

For the night owls here comes a night v1.3 cockpit with FSLSpotlights (free for Concorde-X) short final rwy 27L at Aerosoft (Simwings) Heathrow Xtended with FSX Acceleration.

qAQK9zx.jpg

Right now I'm airborne with another aircraft type and can't post cockpit pic's from other angle but wait until you see more cockpit real estate with the spotlights tomorrow when I'll be back at it, you'll love it.

Some more questions.

Are you eager to hear the sonic boom as Concorde flies by ?

Are you eager to save some 400Mb worth of VAS that can make the OOM make or break in that all too popular Heathrow <-> JFK flight not needing to disable ANY scenery ?

Can you imagine accurate per real aircraft fuel consumption & performance numbers including drag values adjusted for different ISA conditions ?

Can you imagine an autopilot (incl. autothrottle) that was tested to all limits by many beta testers in dozens of flights to the accuracy of seconds and Kgs of fuel per expected values in all FSX/P3D versions even to the detail of turning rate for a standard turn timing in a HOLD or a CATIIIa autoland performance ?

More Q's can be posted but these are enough for now !

• Like 1

Does the "rest" also cover the owners of the boxed version - or will there by a update offer via Aerosoft?

Happy landings

juergen

Kyprianos Biris

K8HEy2J.jpg

Christoph your flood lights don't look right.

Are you sure you installed Spotlights 16 BEFORE latest version of 1.3 ?

If not uninstall and reinstall spotlights.

This looks like default flood lighting, its misleading.

WOW, I have been searching other sites for a friend when I came across this page and it blew my mind, I have this on FSX and will be in the que with my CC in hand as soon as it is released.

A few years ago my wife and I travelled on the Concorde from Heathrow to New York, will never forget that day, then 3 months later it was all over, very sad day for all Concorde fans.

My CC is all warmed up and ready to go, but I can wait until you guys iron out the bits that need fixing, thanks guys.

Ray Proudfoot

Wombat,

I'm extremely envious that you flew on Concorde. I could kick myself for not booking one of the sub-sonic flights back in the 90s but £500 was more than I could afford at the time.

You're going to have a ball with Concorde-X. The tutorial really is mandatory to learn how everything works. Not long to wait now.

Another feature not mentioned is the sound of breaking glass in car parks as Concorde departs. Probably best demonstrated with a departure from 09L/R at Heathrow with a custom viewpoint.

• Like 1
Andrew Wilson

Another feature not mentioned is the sound of breaking glass in car parks as Concorde departs. Probably best demonstrated with a departure from 09L/R at Heathrow with a custom viewpoint.

Breaking glass? You mean the car alarms going off? :)

Lefteris Kalamaras

Nope no spotlights. But for me it looks good, but thats i think personal taste. But i will install them today

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

When the Concorde detects there's no spotlights, it reverts to the older mechanism for lighting which does leave something to be desired. That said, it'd be nice to not post screenshots of the older lights when we said the new lights are beautiful...

Lawrence Ashworth

Here are a few more from a quick circuit just to show the beauty of this bird in Prepar3D. The panel really does look stunning in the light and it doesn't come at a cost with lower VAS usage than before. We all know how beautiful the model is already!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Kyprianos Biris

Nope no spotlights. But for me it looks good, but thats i think personal taste. But i will install them today

Christoph, on Concorde they operate free (no need to buy them) I assumed you knew this !

Go install them because you really miss some quality lighting there !

Ray Proudfoot

I doubt the Concorde had the power to break glass ;D

Back in 2000 I was in the Airport Hotel garden that is very close to the 23R threshold at Manchester Airport. Concorde taxied past us and lined up. When the four Olympus 593s with full reheat powered up I was around 100 yards from it. My chest cavity vibrated! B) Only time in my life I've felt that. It had serious amounts of power.

The guy next to me dropped his beer glass so yes, it did have the power to break glass. :lol:

Jean L. Leborne
Do you think guys they, I'm talking about my B-tester colleagues, have already told you everything you need to know about ConcX v1.3 that is now multi-platforms compatible ?

No, for sure, they have not, I'll tell you more in the next "épisode".

ConcordeX v1.3 release is a multi-parts serial fascinating story.

Don't worry that much, stay calm, you'll be informed far much than expected !!!

;);););)

Kyprianos Biris

Would anyone mind posting a takeoff/approach video using ActiveSky Next? Dying to see it handle wobble-free in weather :)

Here you go, shot 2 hours ago.

FSL Concorde-X v1.3 - Heathrow night departure VIDEO

(Low res. night colors in the below thumbnail, not like in the video).

It is unlisted video, only people who have this link can see it.

FS details detailed in the video information.

Watch in 1080p, speakers loud !

The FPs are low because of FRAPS recording at same time.

No wobble at all with ASN even though the weather in the video is not with gusty winds.

EGLL 161720Z AUTO 30003KT 9999 NCD 02/M01 Q1029

Throughout many flights during the whole testing I never had wobble movements.

The autopilot has been updated by FSL to avoid such and many other stuff.

Ohh and did I mention with v1.3 you can forget the yaw issues with crosswind on the runway ? Just did.

The yaw changes you see on the video are because I was watching other things simultaneously !

• Like 4
Christoph Wechselberger

When the Concorde detects there's no spotlights, it reverts to the older mechanism for lighting which does leave something to be desired. That said, it'd be nice to not post screenshots of the older lights when we said the new lights are beautiful...

Pictures removed

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

Jonathan Fong

Also worth noting that we're using technology written for the A320-X to control the engine sounds dynamically. It's allowed us to simulate very accurately the cockpit ambiance on Concorde.

Stahp... My brain is exploding with hype... Could you describe simply how this works, or is this all bound under the NDA?