Ctd On Fsx Startup

Krzysztof Jasinski

Krzysztof Jasinski

Hi,

I have a CTD just prior FSX startup screen opens.

I tried deleting App Data/.../FSX folder and rebuiling shaders but soon after installing FSLSpotlights again the CTD returns.

FSX Acceleration, DX10, Steve's Fixer, SweetFX.

Aby advice will be appreciated.

Regards,

Kris

Krzysztof Jasinski

Thanks Lefteris. Do you mean removing entire SFX folder or turning it off in the program somehow? I am asking as when i removed the folder, FSX quit just prior launchng.

Also, i am using SFX 1.5 instead of 2.0. Could it be making the problem?

Regards,

Kris

Krzysztof Jasinski

Thanks Lefteris!

Removed SFX 1.5 and trying with SFX 2.0 what brings CTD each time i launch fsx (now even without spotlight). I will report if spotlight works for me as soon as i manage to get rid of SFX 2.0 CTDs.

Regards,

Kris

• 2 weeks later...
Krzysztof Jasinski

Hi Lefteris,

FSX continues to crash on startup with sweetFX 2.0.

Could it be nVidia inspektor or Asus GPU Tweek causing it?

My detailed configuration is:

Win7 x64, FSX Acc, Dx10 + Fixer set for 8xCSAA, nVidia inspector with 4xSGSS, REX4 Direct Textures, ASN.

Kind regards,

Kris

Krzysztof Jasinski

Lefteris,

Acctually i should have done that as a first thing...

So, the sim crashes regardless Sweet Fx. Interesting is that when SweetFX is removed the crashing module is FSLSpootlights.dll. All other loads and FSX starts. When i add SFX it also crashes on Preloader DLL. Any idea what can cause the issue?

Rgdrs,

Kris

• 2 weeks later...
Lefteris Kalamaras

Can you please ensure you have latest version of FSL Spotlights (1.0.0.16) - if unsure, download from our forum downloads area, then uninstall completely from your setup and install the downloaded version.

Krzysztof Jasinski

Lefteris, same story with 1.0.0.16 :(

Observation: the program does not install properly (i guess). It installs FSLabs folder into Microsoft Flight Simulator X directory but it also creates Microsoft Flight Simulator XFSLabs director next to the Microsoft Flight Simulator X one. Looks like missing slash "\". In the new Microsoft Flight Simulator XFSlabs directory it creates DLLs folder with FSL_SimConnect_Ldr.dll file... I am copy pasting it to proper FSX/ FSLabs/DLLs folder but i guess sth is wrong with the installator?

Lefteris Kalamaras

Kris-

thanks for this report!

The problem is that some add-on has messed up your registry settings and has REMOVED the trailing slash from where it should be in the FSX setup path.

Please go grab the Flight1 FSX Registry fix and run it - the registry path should be restored.Then reinstall Spotlights, they should now go to the appropriate place.

PS. I'll be fixing this for v1.0.0.17, I hope.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I got the CTD as well. FSX starts ok without spotlight but as soon I install it FSX crashes before it launches. I've the same add ons installed as KrisJ except Sweet Fx, instead I have FSFX Packages. Could that be ans incompatibility issue?

Thanks.

I see from above you removed FSFX Packages and VFX Central, leave then removed for now, and next remove ProATC X, if it still does not work, next remove FS2Crew. Then let us know the results.

Ok, tests done.

FSFX removed

ProAtc removed

Fs2Crew for all aircrafts removed.

And still CTD.

So as Lefteris said I've checked the version of the DX10 fixer witch was V2.7 Build 67 so I removed the fixer as well to be able to update it.

Then Spotlight is working , but when I installed the update of DX10 fixer FSX crashed again. The latest version of the fixer is V2.11 Build77, thats the one I've been able to download from FastSpring.

So my issue is with DX10 fixer.

Lefteris Kalamaras

Hello,

there were problems with older versions of DX10 fixer - the latest one should work correctly though (v2.11). Are you certain you have the latest installed and nothing older has remained behind?

Correct.

I've been making some tests:

With the fixer installed and the libraries but without switching to DX10, FSX doesn't CTD.

WIth the fixer + NOT the libraries and Switching to DX10, FSX does CTD.

Lefteris Kalamaras

With DX9, the fixer library is dormant and does not affect FSX or Spotlights.

With DX10, without the libraries, Spotlights detects a "virgin" FSX, no problems.

With DX10, with the libraries, Spotlights should detect DX10Fixer and work without problems as well - that was tested in-house. I'll see what I can find with latest DX10Fixer.

Lefteris Kalamaras

I just tested with latest DX10Fixer and everything looks good once again.

Are you *absolutely positive* you're not running any other add-ons (Milviz pack, or Tac-pack for example) that might be causing this problem?

Hi Lefteris, no Milviz pack or Tac-Pack, here's a list of what I've installed. However, fsl spotlight is working as soon I switch to DX9 with the fixer still installed.

Dx10 fixer

pmdg and aerosoft aircrafts

REX 4 and clouds

Fs2crew

ORBX base, vector and landclass

World AI

some airports from akesoft and simzaleak

gsx

ezdoc

fsfx packages

And this freeware for sun and sky textures http://goo.gl/1xCu10

Lefteris Kalamaras

Switching to DX9 with the fixer installed is the same as removing the fixer, honestly (as the fixer only works in DX10 mode - in DX9, it's dormant).

Can you please send me the .dfp files in

c:\users\Public\Documents\DX10SceneryFixer

Thanks

Lefteris Kalamaras

OK-

so start disabling entries in dll.xml one by one (other than DX10Fixer) to see what could be the problem. DX10Fixer is not (I am running it as we speak).

Here is what it is in my dll.xml file, I've disabled one by one and FSX is just working when FSLSpotLights is disabled...

Addon Manager- enabled

ObjectFlow.dll- enabled

Object Placement Tool- disabled

Traffic Toolbox- disabled

Visual Effects Tool- disabled

PMDG HUD interface- enabled

PMDG Interface- enabled

RAASPRO- enabled

Flight Recorder- enabled

FSUIPC 4- enabled

as_connect- enabled

FSLSpotLights- enabled