Fslabs Products - A320-X, Concorde-X, Spotlights - A Long Update!

Lefteris Kalamaras

Quick one snapped by one of our testers last night (on his iPhone).

Quick taxi out on a cold soaked aircraft.

Great ! call the de-icers and penalize the pilot :) . Amazing work FSLabs.

Luca vom Bruch

Will beta testers be allowed to show the airplane on streaming services like twitch or do testers sign a non disclosure agreement until public release?

And what will happen if I try to take off with low oil temperature in FS Labs A320?

Luca vom Bruch

A320X_OIL_LOW.jpg

I recall a captain on a luxair dash 8 flight citing this as the reason for the delay on taxi, didn't know the bus had an advisory for it though, tis sweet.

Dear Flight Sim Labs team!

First off all, I would like to thank you for this big update and congratulate you for being almost ready! :)

I would like to ask if it *might* be possible to post a picture of the 2D panel?

Best regards! :)

And what will happen if I try to take off with low oil temperature in FS Labs A320?

I believe Lefteris appears behind your shoulder and tuts loudly.

• Like 5

Exciting stuff!

One question: Have you found a partner providing the database using the ARINC424 format (as planned)?

This is the one point I am looking forward to the most.

Thanks

Nils

Nicolas Matus

I will be looking forward for the final version of the A320. I would gladly help if needed on the development of the A319. (And I am betting on the CFM-56 5B5 engine :) )

Thanks

Waiting for years, it takes a really long time to achieve today's success. Hope you can into open beta the next year or release it the next year. Also wonder how much it will cost, maybe quite same as concorde-x? I mean premium version?.

WOW!!!

Impressive video with stunning details!!

Slow and steady win the race!

patiently waiting for the bird's arrival
Lawrence Ashworth

Glad to hear the A320 is in full beta, not long to go I guess! Also really looking forward to the Concorde, I never really got round to it in FSX but now in P3D, definitely! I think I need to put in some overtime this month... :ph34r:

Hi Guys, Any Idea when the beta applications will start for the FSLABS A320? I'm really excited to test it out.

Unfortunately, you are way too late. Applications have been open on 2 occasions and positions filled for now.

Chirag Geiantilal

Can I ask about multi crew?

It will be included for FSX?

I read somewhere it would only be available for the P3D professional license, could you please confirm this?

I think it would be a good ideia to be included on FSX, as most of simmers have FSX.

Thank you and looking forward for this great addon....

PETIT-FAISANDIER Louis

John,

Unfortunately, you are way too late. Applications have been open on 2 occasions and positions filled for now.

Are you sure the Beta applications are done ?

If I'm right, I could read this from Lefteris :

We'll be opening up the beta applications process very soon as we now want to get a few more simmers as well on board. Expect more info on this in a separate post.

Kinds,

Louis.

Stefan Schindler

First, awesome news. The bus looks phenomenal, and I'm eager for getting my hands on it.

thank you for your feedback. Please see my explanation in the other post, where I make it quite clear that we are not making a single dime on this upgrade.

In fact, we are choosing to keep supporting our product almost seven years later by spending development resources that we could have elected to apply elsewhere - and for absolutely no return other than the satisfaction that you'll be happier with it. The other possibility would have been to do nothing on the Concorde-X and focus entirely on new products as that would actually pay us back for the work we're doing.

4.99 USD is for sure no big deal, but in my opinion you also have to see the customer's point of view. You are arguing that you invest time into bugfixing and don't make a dime from it -- but honestly, I don't agree with that attitude. If the developer is responsible for bugs in a product, he has to fix them at his own charge. The customer paid you for a fully working product, and it's your duty to fulfill your part of the contract. Even 7 years later, and if it's only, like you said, for your customers' satisfaction with the product, then you should probably value it more, as it might result in further revenue. ;)

I will buy the A320, and I will buy the Concorde-X, which I haven't done yet, because I really like and respect your work. But I will at least have a slight bad feeling about this specific support case.

Have a good one, keep working hard! :)

Will the A320 be available for P3D V.3 and will it have 'pop up' windows' like the NGX's?

Periklis Giannopoulos

Will the A320 be available for P3D V.3 and will it have 'pop up' windows' like the NGX's?

Initial release will only be for fsx.

I seriously can't wait! I've been following the development for the past 5 years and at first I wasn't even sure if the FSLabs A320 would ever see the light of day, but looking at what you have archive, just unspeakably amazing! You guys might just bring out something beyond the level of a PMDG craft.

Since it's in beta we might see the a320 coming next year? Obviously I won't expect it on 2017 anymore except if a major bug was found and the whole thing needs to be worked out again...

Even so if it does come out in 2016, I still would rather wait for the P3D version then buying it for FSX on initial release. My other concern is if it gets a Boxed release.

I wish you best of luck, and hopefully after so many years of development we finally see it coming out! :)

Gregory Bally

Can't wait for this bird to join my hangar :-)

Don't know if you mentionned it before but are the PFD and ND fps will be smooth as what we can see on the Majestic Dash 8-400 for example (min 24 fps or 30) ? This brings a lot of immersion compare to standard Fsx planes (the PMDG offer the possibility to chosse the FPS for such displays in the aircraft menu based on your visual priorities)

Thank you

Greg

Greg-

The answer is simply yes.

Hi Lefteris,

is Santa going to visit us in his Chariot or he will be using the a320 this year :lol:.

Merry Christmas in advance, Wishing you and FSlabs team a great holiday and a prosperous 2016,

• 2 weeks later...
Niklas Herrele

A320X_OIL_LOW.jpg

I might be mistakeing, because its a different Version, but in one of my CBT´s the ECAM Actions are different. (see the Picture)

9l88W3K.png

Please dont take this as granted because, as FSL already said there are hundres of different Versions of the A320.

I am just not sure if the FWC has, depening on the version, different ECAM actions for this advisory.

Wish you all a merry christmas

Andrew Wilson

Yes - lots of different versions. The screenshot you posted looks like EIS1?

For the MSN's we've simulated, I can confirm ours is correct.

• Like 3
Lefteris Kalamaras

The v1.3 update of the Concorde-X (which will be available on FSX Legacy, Steam and P3D) is *not yet* available (it's being beta tested as we speak).

When it's available, we will run a press release for everyone.

• Like 1
Lefteris Kalamaras

Something you want to share? Im curious about this:)

oh and

Merry Christmas :)

We have all ECAM logic implemented. Malfunctions will cause appropriate actions to show. If, an ECAM warning (and action) is a result of a malfunction that occurs, it will show appropriately.

Please search the forum, this has been discussed many times already.

We have all ECAM logic implemented. Malfunctions will cause appropriate actions to show. If, an ECAM warning (and action) is a result of a malfunction that occurs, it will show appropriately.

Please search the forum, this has been discussed many times already.

Oh I am aware of this. What I'm asking for you know how many different level 1 - 3 failures the A320 can differentiate between. If such a number exist is it 25, 100, 500 etc?

What is the point of your question? Why does it matter?

Well there is no real point other than curiosity. Like asking how long it takes for the nose gear to retract. Does it really matter for the user, no not really. One is just curious.