Learning Concorde X

CharlieCook

CharlieCook

Hi. I'm new to the Concorde. The Concorde works perfect. Only thing is, I don't know how to use it correctly, do flights etc.

Does anyone know of anywhere I can learn the Concorde X?

Could be anything from websites to videos.

Regards,

Charlie.

Magnus Meese

In the Concorde documentation folder, you'll find a comprehensive tutorial covering all segments of a normal flight. It follows a LHR-JFK leg, and takes you through everything you need to know and do on the flight deck. It takes a lot of reading and studying, but the feeling of reward you get from mastering Pointy is like no other! You can both complete the entire flight, and create save-points along the route in order to repeat certain segments of flight in order to practice things.

Ray Proudfoot

Hello Charlie,

Apart from the advice given by Meece I would recommend the excellent ITVV Concorde double DVD. It covers the whole aspect of a flight from Heathrow to JFK and the return. It's probably the best educational video ever made for Concorde.

You can buy it here. http://www.itvv.com/product/Concorde

PS. I see you were born 15 months before Concorde last flew so it's unlikely you've seen her in the skies. That's a real shame. :(

Steve Prowse

Yeah have to agree with Meese and Ray. The tutorial is fantastic and the video is great. I've only had about 100 hrs or so flying time so like you I am new to conc. What you'll find is that unlike any other sim this one requires lots of reading and time, I think I'm just about holding my own now. Anyway you may find this thread interesting: Concorde , it's long but from start to finish there just so much info there I think it rates as 'a not to be missed'

All the best

Steve

Ps @Ray I have seen her in the sky yeah I'm that old :(

Ray Proudfoot

Ps @Ray I have seen her in the sky yeah I'm that old :(

My abiding memory of her is the penultimate landing into Manchester back in Oct 2003 and its final take-off from that airport. The pilot stopped opposite the park and drooped and raised the nose in a salute to the 10,000 people who had turned up.

I stood in the Aviation Viewing Park for over 7 hours. But it was worth it. I guess you have similar memories.

Ray Proudfoot

I watched the final EVER landing, when AF returned to Filton, I was allowed to video it air to air on the approach and landing, to my eternal regret I have lost the footage.

Arrgghh! That must have been heart-breaking. :(