[Solved] Sim Crash

Victor_IL

Lefteris Kalamaras

Hello Victor,

when does this crash occur? On startup? On Load? Does it happen if you load the default Trike in Virtual Cockpit view?

Please provide the following information so we can assist:

- FSX version

- FSX addons you are running

Marlon Carter

I am also having a CTD when loading the flight.

FSX SP2
and I have numerous addons from A2A, PMDG, Captain Sim. FSdreamteam, Flightbeam. Flytampa, Realair, FSlabs Concorde X, Carenado, Flight1 B200, Flight1 Cessna Mustang and Majestic Software Q400.

Lefteris Kalamaras

Hello,

as you are aware, the FSLSpotlights are in public beta - some issues and possibly crashes might not be avoidable, although it's gone through several rounds of initial beta testing. We do not own all possible add-ons in-house, however, so we'd appreciate your assistance in determining what might be the possible culprit for this failure / crash.

To help identify the issue, you could help by disabling your other addons (in dll.xml) and reloading to figure out which one might be conflicting with the Spotlights.

Thanks,

Lefteris Kalamaras

No, not really- too many possibilities for us to weave through. If you could disable one-by-one to see which one works, it'd be easier.

Marlon Carter

I tried to comment out a few of the entries in my dll file but this didn't yeld any positive results. When commenting out one a few entries, none of them except for EZCA loaded up.

Lefteris Kalamaras

Marlon,

the recommended way of disabling entries is to change

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

with

<Disabled>True</Disabled>

for each <Launch.Addon> entry in DLL.XML and EXE.XML - those two files exist in %appdata%\Microsoft\FSX folder.

Marlon Carter

Ok, i was using another method from some other testing I am doing but I will give it a try.

Update: I tried disabling pretty much all of the entries one by one and the only time my flight loaded after selecting my aircraft and airport was when I disabled the spotlight entry.

Any other suggestions? I did notice that my bitdefender antivirus was trying to prevent a file from being installed but I disabled it during another installation attempt and I kept it disabled while loading my FSX.

Marlon Carter

I tried this but it still doesn't work. After FSX loads up to the free flight screen, I select the airport and a default aircraft and when I click "fly now" the screen changes as if it's about to load, it freezes up and then a fata error message comes up.

Marlon Carter

Here is the first image I see when clicking "Fly Now"

24eylvr.jpg

And this is when it crashes about 10 seconds later

9se96u.jpg

I'm not sure how helpful this will be, but here is my log from event viewer.

- <System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-08-11T22:52:30.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>201904</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Marlon</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data>fsx.exe</Data>
<Data>10.0.61472.0</Data>
<Data>475e17d3</Data>
<Data>unknown</Data>
<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
<Data>00000000</Data>
<Data>c0000005</Data>
<Data>00000000</Data>
<Data>1d94</Data>
<Data>01d0d48843d0443f</Data>
<Data>C:\FSX\fsx.exe</Data>
<Data>unknown</Data>
<Data>a4c13ce7-407b-11e5-81a3-d43d7e345976</Data>
<Data />
<Data />
</EventData>
</Event>

Good afternoon , unfortunately I had a new problem to reinstall spotlights , my fsx also started to give crash even without any add on sent to support a new email with a detailed report to facilitate analysis and troubleshooting appreciate the attention and look

David Murden

I have just DL it to try it out and the sim crashes very time on clicking to fly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: fsx.exe
Application Version: 10.0.61637.0
Application Timestamp: 46fadb14
Fault Module Name: FSLSpotLights.dll
Fault Module Version: 10.0.61355.95
Fault Module Timestamp: 55bb8a9c
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0004bee9
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Like many people when PMDG did P3D version, FSX is a thing of the pass for many.
Question?
Will you be bringing out a P3D version?
Lefteris Kalamaras

I have just DL it to try it out and the sim crashes very time on clicking to fly.

While your feedback is very appreciated, it's not easy to detect what the problem is without further information:

- What is your operating system?

- What FSX version are you running? SP2 / XPack / Steam (version?)

- DX9 or DX10?

- What add-ons are you running? In particular, any add-ons that interfere with shader logic

Thanks for helping sort out these issues!

David Murden

W7

FSX Xpack

DX9

To many to list but!

FSX is only on my work PC and it has a shader addon, think its called reshade and I don't know how to un install it. Could that be the problem?

Will you be doing a P3D version?

EDIT:

Just found how to un install reshade and now all is working fine. Reshade was/is the problem.

EDIT2:

FSX Loads fine now but no light show up, open panal, make new group, drag lamp =no light :(

Lefteris Kalamaras

OK - we'll look into Reshade - thanks!

Can you clear your FSX shader cache?

1) Quit FSX if it's running

2) Go to folder %localappdata%\Microsoft\FSX and delete its contents entirely.

3) Restart FSX - it will recreate the shader cache once it loads.

David Murden

Lefteris,

I've just tried it out in the PMDG NG, My favorite aircraft, but the night lighting making the textures look really bad, like a cross hatch patent over everything. Bad.

Its not very often a product comes out that stuns me to a point were I sit here saying wow!. FSL Spotlights does that. Its amazing...no..... it's stunning.

Seriously it's amazing but I need you to make it for P3D. Please...pretty please.

Dave.

Rodney Lewis

Hi there, I just installed the spotlights and my sim dosen't make it to the splash screen and I get a fatal error and CTD, uninstall spotlights and all is ok, running fsx sp2, dx10 win7, any clue's? I do have sweetfx but hope it's not that every other addon works with sweetfx, love my sweetfx.

Cheers Rod

Cheers Rod.

Lefteris Kalamaras

Rod,

could you try disabling SweetFX and retesting Spotlights? If that's the issue, we'll look into fixing it and ensuring it works properly.

Hi Lefteris,

Same here:

-Win10 latest update

-FSX Acc fresh install. Only FTX Global, Vector, OpenLC EUR, Pilot's FTX Global mesh, FSUIPC latest, A2A C172 latest

-DX9

-deleted shader cache before starting. Immediately at load of the flight FSX freezes and crashes to desktop.

Sincerely,

Rob de Vries

Lefteris Kalamaras

Rob-

no shader tweaking utilities installed? We're tracking (and fixing, hopefully) an issue with ReShade/SweetFX/ENBSeries that can be the cause of some conflicts.

Another observation (beta trail):

Default flight: Trike overflying Friday Harbor in daylight situation loads fine without crash. Changing to night time: loads fine.

LGAV: default trike, daylight. Flight loading and crashes immediately.

1. Reshade was the v1.0 framework (latest release). Uninstalled via the mediator program (it's removing FSX application profile). Then checked if no files are left behind in FSX main directory. Also reshade in sim messages were gone.
  2. Immediate freeze after clicking Fly Now. Than message which says FSX Fatal Error and then message which says FSX has stopped working. Click to close the program.

Rob

Rodney Lewis

Lefteris, I'm just confirming with you that I uninstalled sweetfx and reinstalled Spotlights and my fsx loaded and fired up with no problems, reinstalled sweetfx and CTD without getting to the splash screen, uninstalled spotlights and fsx fired up and loaded no problems, so I guess yep there is an incompatibility issue with sweetfx, reshade, enb, anyway I'm sure it will be sorted asap.

Cheers Rod.

Lefteris Kalamaras

Can you please try the latest upload (v1.0.0.9). We corrected a fault with ReShade, please let me know if that helps with SweetFX as well.

As usual, uninstall the previous version before installing the new one of course.

Rodney Lewis

Hi Lefteris, ok, finally got the v9 download (cookies problem my end) installed into fsx and it seems all good now, no CTD with sweetfx so it seems you have sorted the incompatibility issue with the shader addon's, so I would suspect that anyone with reshade, sweetfx or enb series should be good to go, thanks again.

Cheers Rod.