British Airways Fleet

Guillaume L.

Guillaume L.

Hi all,

Following my AF fleet repaints, the BA fleet is finally here (after a long delay).

What I've done :

-Include the entire fleet (G-BOAA ; G-BOAB ; G-BOAC ; G-BOAD ; G-BOAE ; G-BOAF ; G-BOAG) with the correct SELCAL codes.

-Added the correct registration for each aircraft both on the fuselage and the under wing.

-Same goes for the 2 letters of the registration on the front landing gear door.

-The fleet is available both in the Landor and Union flag liveries.

Please note that I'm not a professional photoshop user nor repainter, therefore the registration font is not the real one used but a close matching one.

A few pictures :

Alpha Charlie in the Landor livery, note the "AC" on the front landing gear door.

conc1.jpg

Alpha Charlie under wing registration.

conc3.jpg

Alpha Foxtrot in the Union flag livery, note the "AF" on the front landing gear door.

conc2.jpg

Alpha Fox under wing registration.

conc4.jpg

Download link :

http://attagene.free.fr/Concorde_BA.zip

Enjoy ! :)

Guillaume

• Like 4
Ray Proudfoot

Thanks Guillaume. With AC being based at Manchester - 3 miles from me - it will be great to switch to that registration for my flights. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guillaume L.

Hi,

On 5 avril 2016 at 2:36 PM, mosteen said:

Gentlemen, being overly cautious I know, but would there be any issues using these repaints With 1.32?

Cheers,

Yes the repaints are fully compatible with 1.32. :)

I've corrected a small night texture glitch on G-BOAA (Landor livery).

The repaints are now available for download on AVSIM. ;)

AVSIM link

Enjoy !

Guillaume

Jonathan Fong

Any chance of getting the repaints modified to use the IRL registration font (Helvetica Condensed Bold) as we discussed in PM anytime soon?

Guillaume L.

Hi,

11 hours ago, fcisuperguy said:

Any chance of getting the repaints modified to use the IRL registration font (Helvetica Condensed Bold) as we discussed in PM anytime soon?

I did some testing with the Helvetica Condensed Bold font. The results were unfortunately not satisfaying.

The fonts displayed were close but not totally matching. This can be seen for example with the letter 'B'. The Helvetica Condensed Bold font displays a 'B' with a small upper bump and a bigger lower one (if that makes sense). The letter 'B' on the real British Airways birds have same sized bumps (both upper and lower, again I hope this explanation makes sense). Same goes with the letter 'A', it's close but not a perfect match. I suspect this might be because yes BAW did use Helvetica Condensed Bold but it was a customized version (or a total custom font ressembling the Helvectica Condensed Bold one). :unsure: