Support VRinsight products

Sylle

Hello Lefteris & team,

Just discovered your website and I think I'll come back often... looking forward to that concorde! biggrin.gif

I'm considering to buy the MCP combo panel from VRinsight (http://www.vrinsight.com/).

This is a more generic MCP than those we see from CPflight, opencockpits and other well-known hardware builders. The advantage of this unit is the price (!) and the fact you can easily use it for a lot of different addons.

I had the opportunity to see the unit work together with the LDS 767. It works like a charm and is directly interfaced via the Level-D SDK.

Unfortunately fr the PMDG birds?VRi are using keyboard emulation to control the MCP as there is no SDK available. After reading their forum it seems that this keyboard emulation interface is a lot slower and less accurate than direct interfacing.

I was wondering if your company would consider developing an interface module for this hardware unit?

Good job so far! Keep it up guys! smile.gif

Regards,

Sylvain

Lefteris Kalamaras

Sylvain-

let's use this forum post to register interest in the possible driver. I'd like to see if there is general interest in it before we can commit to authoring a specific driver for the unit.

Thank you for your reply Lefteris!

I think it's a good idea indeed to check if other VRi customers are interested in a flightsimlabs driver for the PMDG products too.

Best regards,

Sylvain

Frank Schmidt

Hi Lefteris!

I think it would be a very good idea to develope a driver for the VRinsight MCP combo panel. Should be work with 737, 747 and MD-11!

Best regards

Frank

Hi!

I'm flight panel developer at VRInsight. Thanks for interesting in our products. There're many customers who are flying with PMDG's aircrafts and want for our products to be interfaced directly instead of key-commanding. We, VRinsight welcome any suggestion for cooeratiive work in tech. or marketing... Hopes the driver kit available soon.

Best Regards,

Kook

Lefteris Kalamaras

Hi Kook-

We would be interested in such a proposal. In order to assume such a task, we'd like to calculate some numerics for the expected ROI. To gather up the data, perhaps it might be ideal for you to post a note in your website, asking your users to come over here, post in this forum, and let us know what demand there is for your hardware to receive a specialized driver.

Best,

I too would be very interested in and interface with my MCP and CDU from vrisight. I use it only with Level D 767 because of the excellant integration I would love to buy the PMDG series of aircraft but will not currently as they do not support my MCP and CDU.

Would love to see MD11 with the interface!

Lefteris,

I have just got the VRinsight CDU and would just love for it to connect direct to the PMDG737/744. I am pulling my hair out trying to get all the keys to work as they should. If you made a driver I would get it for the 737 iin FS9 and the 744 in FSX. Please think about taking this forward.

Justin

Mayday, mayday, mayday !!!

I just bought VRinsight CDU, works fine wtih LEVEL-D but not with PMDG products (SKD not available). I am very interested by a software wich can resolve the problem.

Thank you help VRinsight customers,

Daniel

Greetings all.? I stumbled upon this because I just bought the SSTSIM Concorde which I am thrilled with.?After reading about the MCP unit, and checking it out I can say I will be purchasing one of these units in the near future, so I wanted to chime in?my .02 Definitely interested.

Hello Lefteris & team,

I am also highly interested in a SDK-based interface for my VR-Insight MCP/Combo panel to be used with the PMDG 744X, MD11 and the coming 737 NG for FSX.

Sjaak

Please add me to the list of those that would like drivers.

I have both the CDU Panel and the MCP Combo Panel.

I'm interested in both the 747 and also the MD-11. In both cases the FSX version.

Regards

Russell Jourdain

Good afternoon,

just bought the MCP-Combo panel from vrinsight, a very nice piece of hardware.

I would like to spend some money to get drivers for the PMDG product range (737NG, B747 and MD-11) for FS9 (FS2004).

Best regards

Steffen

Hi I use PMDG products (737, 747 & now MD-11) across FS9 & FSX range

Would be most intestested in SDK/Software for correct function of VRINsight products which I have just ordered

Thank you

Manjul

i don't understand the nature of interfaces, even if charged why they are not easily accessible.

Mainly PMDG aircraft have this type of problem where if it's not FSX too bad attitude. But seeing other panels need the interface as well for pmdg aircraft, I think we are begining to see who the real problem is.

I just don't get it, they all just keep blaming each other back and forth meanwhile we spend our cash and payware developers don't offer service.

I understand lefteris is all we've got to interface what all other websites already say is compatible with there panels. False advertising!

Lefteris Kalamaras
Posted By Marco on 02/03/2009 7:30 AM

i don't understand the nature of interfaces, even if charged why they are not easily accessible.

Mainly PMDG aircraft have this type of problem where if it's not FSX too bad attitude. But seeing other panels need the interface as well for pmdg aircraft, I think we are begining to see who the real problem is.

I just don't get it, they all just keep blaming each other back and forth meanwhile we spend our cash and payware developers don't offer service.

I understand lefteris is all we've got to interface what all other websites already say is compatible with there panels. False advertising!

Marco-

what do you mean by this? Can you please be more specific?

Our services are provided when it's possible to do so. For FS9, as explained elsewhere, there are cases where that's not possible, even though we'd like to provide them. For FSX, there is no such case.

Posted By Lefteris Kalamaras on 02/04/2009 9:56 AM

Posted By Marco on 02/03/2009 7:30 AM

Marco-

what do you mean by this? Can you please be more specific?

Our services are provided when it's possible to do so. For FS9, as explained elsewhere, there are cases where that's not possible, even though we'd like to provide them. For FSX, there is no such case.
So why is it at some point it was for sale and then it became unavailable. Why is it that FSX is better than fs9 in regards to compatibility. MSfs is msfs. I can't understand why some people have it and others don't more specifically the goflight mcp pro interface for fs9.

Lefteris Kalamaras

Marco-

Flight Sim Labs has never offered the FS9 GoFlight driver for sale. The reason is that it requires an updated version of PMDG's gauges, which we have no license to offer. The FSX driver version does not have such a requirement.

Regards,

Posted By Lefteris Kalamaras on 02/05/2009 1:00 AM

Marco-

Flight Sim Labs has never offered the FS9 GoFlight driver for sale. The reason is that it requires an updated version of PMDG's gauges, which we have no license to offer. The FSX driver version does not have such a requirement.

Regards,

Pmdg did sell it for some time.

Lefteris Kalamaras

Marco-

to repeat: To sell a GoFlight driver for FS9, there is a requirement for an updated version of PMDG's gauges. We have no license for that, so we cannot offer the driver.

Simple, no?

Fair enough I understand that, so then it's PMDG who needs to make this vailable, and I have an email from them saying you (indirectly) no longer is part of their team and therefore you don't give them the right to sell interfaces since you are the developer. It actually is very confusing and unorganized.

?

So this leads me to my other question is an interface possible with the MCP Combo panel for those aircrafts? (pmdg)

?

Thanks

Lefteris Kalamaras

Dear Marco-

obviously, resale of the interfaces from PMDG is no longer possible since, as you mentioned, I am no longer affiliated with them. At the same time, they never indicated any interest in allowing the updated gauges to be distributed with the FS9 driver. If they so choose, we'll be able to offer sale of the driver once again.

Without those updated gauges from PMDG, there's no possibility for an FS9 version for those hardware units.

Posted By Lefteris Kalamaras on 02/08/2009 1:04 PM

Dear Marco-

obviously, resale of the interfaces from PMDG is no longer possible since, as you mentioned, I am no longer affiliated with them. At the same time, they never indicated any interest in allowing the updated gauges to be distributed with the FS9 driver. If they so choose, we'll be able to offer sale of the driver once again.

Without those updated gauges from PMDG, there's no possibility for an FS9 version for those hardware units.

Ok I get?it, is the mcp combo from vr insight the same thing then?

Hello there,

I've bought the MCP Combo from VRinsight a couple of days ago and I am very impressed by it as it turns out to be a fantastic tool for flying complicated add-on aircraft. For anyone not being able to spend thousands of pounds/euros building a hardware cockpit or simply doesnot want to go that far, this device is a terrific tool, especially when you're hooked on using the VC in MSFS.

It is a delight to make quick changes in VS, FLCH, HDG and quickly change the range of he ND, or change from PLN view to MAP and back when making last minute changes to your flightplan. All this was extremely annoying to do when using the mouse (clicking and scrollbar). No more unnecessary delays trying to mouseclicking OFF the AT-ARM switch at the last moments before touch down. For anyone using the VC most of the time, then mouseclicking is akward, especially when also using TrackIR as i do because of the movement that is involved. So, when you're a VC user, this is a must have in my opinion.

I've been flying the PMDG737/7/8/900 series for the last 1.5 years now (FS9) and was convinced that it had to be the BEST add-on aircraft on the market (for my use). Recently I've bought the level-d 767 and consider that product to be of similar or equal quality. But the level-d 767 has a major PLUS in that integrates PERFECTLY and HASSLE FREE with the MCP Combo ... as it should !

The PMDG737 seems to be a nightmare in co-operating with the combo. Filling in the missing gaps in the key commands window is not ideal and sometimes during flight, some of the commands go missing again. That's just a shame, and yes, i have installed the latest software revision from VRinstight and followed the instructions with regards to keymapping etc..

So you really must try to find a solution for this. PMDG and VRI, please co-operate in this.

Both of you will sell more products if you do .. won't you think?

Thanks

CpH

Hey Captain H, great post. I'm glad you mentioned your feedback about the hardware as well. I'm really looking forward to simplify my flying and making it more realistic, hopefully most payware aircrafts will be supported if not I'll only fly the level d 767.

Hello All,

I just? registered in hopes that a direct driver for VR insights CDU?for PMDG MD11 becomes available soon. I just got the MSFSX box version MD11?and my screens are cluttered with pop-up windows ,this would help eliminate one anyway!

All the best!

Lefteris Kalamaras

Hello-

thanks for the interest! The best way to get your wish is to write to the hardware manufacturers and ask them to contact Flight Sim Labs - there are specific steps they need to take so we can generate a driver for their hardware.

Best regards,

I wondering if I made a mistake with the MD11 all my Go Flight equipment wont work either?

I'm not happy with PMDG! Thanks for the info, but it sounds all too much like politics and protectionism!

All the best!

?

I have just purchased the VRInsight mcp combo panel. Looks great under my twin monitors. Some advise from you guys. I run FSX on Vista 32 bit. Have lots of add on aircraft. Any good tips and advise please. PS am looking at trying to fit some sort of back light in the unit.smile.gif

• 45 years later...

Sincerely hope that there will be a nice guy who can help me on this:

I do have a V320 Overhead and FCU Combo from VRInsight with me. Unfortunately I do encounter two issues:

Issue 1: Ext LT (External Lights) on V320 Overhead are not working correctly in Aerosoft Airbus Extrended X

Description:

(i) Strobe Light – There is no corresponding action in FSX after I switched the Strobe light On/Off button

(ii) Beacon Light / Wing Light / etc – Those lights are working as a toggle rather than ON/OFF basis. Hence, I need to switch Off then On to have the light in FSX “ON” and then switch off then On again to have the light in FSX “OFF”.

How I can fix this?

Issue 2: Compatibility issue with LINDA module and disconnect my FCU with VRIsim

Description: In the past when I only had the FCU, I just used the LINDA instead of the VRIsim, simply because it is easier for me to assign those “User programmable Button”. But LINDA does not really support V320 Overhead so I need to move back to VRIsim which means that those previous configured “User Programmable button” setting are all gone. Because of that, I would like to know how can I disconnect my FCU from VRIsim so that I can have my FCU to be operated by LINDA while VRIsim will control my V320. OR alternatively may be if you can teach me how to configure the “User Programmable button” easily given that I don't have the button ID of Aerosoft Airbus Extrended X, so that I can stick with VRIsim?

For your information, for those 8 “User programmable Button” in the middle of the FCU, right now I am assigning them to be the ECAM buttons. I can easily assign them in LINDA, but not in VRIsim.

Thanks in advance!!!

Lefteris Kalamaras

Oh, now I understand your confusion.

This thread is a carry-over from our previous forum system (hence no dates on the posts). The original poster asked for VRInsight support for PMDG products, similar to what we had been providing for CPFlight, GoFlight etc.

We've no plans to support PMDG (or other) products in the future with additional hardware drivers, until further notice.

I'll lock this thread to avoid confusion.