Air France Fleet

Guillaume L.

Guillaume L.

Hi all,

Call me crazy but it bugged be to only have F-BVFB to fly with when it comes to AF Concorde.

Sooo, I decided to repaint the whole fleet. :P

Please note that I'm in no way a professional Photoshop user, so it's clearly not paywayre quality but still does the job nicely IMO... ;)

What I've done :

-Include the entire fleet with correct registrations and SELCAL codes.

-Changed the "Groupe Air France" logo with a photorealistic one.

-Changed the underwing registration to make it look more realistic.

-Added the red stripes on the wingtips.

-Added correct registration letters on the forward landing gear door.

Known issues :

-I was not able to find the exact font used by AF when it comes to registrations (both on the fuselage and under the wing), so I used one which looks similar. It's not 100% realistic but it does the job nicely.

-No SELCAL code for F-BVFD as I was not able to find it.

Includes :

F-BVFA

F-BVFB

F-BVFC

F-BVFD (old 80s livery as it never wore the new 90s one)

F-BVFF

F-BTSC (the one which crashed in Gonesse, I really hesitated before including it)

F-BTSD

Some images :

Picture showing the registration at the back and the added red stripes on the wing tips.

preview_1.jpg

The underwing registration has also been added. (Yeah I know, it could be a tad nearer to the engine and bigger but oh well...lol)

preview_2.jpg

The "Groupe Air France" logo and the correct last 2 registration letters on the gear door.

preview_3.jpg

F-BVFD wearing the original livery. The nose logo is different, and only one letter was written on the landing gear door. Note that I have not changed the main "Air France" title on the fuselage (it looked different on the initial livery, but I couldn't find any good source to work with in order to include it).

preview_d.jpg

The tail section of F-BVFD was also different. No european stars on the tail (this was obviously only introduced in the 1990s) but the last two letters of the reg in white instead.

preview_d2.jpg

The file is available in the download section of the forum.

Enjoy ! :)

Jonathan Fong

Nice! Just asking - would it be possible for you to do the same type of "fleet edits" for the BA fleet (in Landor colors)? Due to your skill level, it shouldn't be a problem, as you should only need to change a single letter. The font used is Mylius Sans Regular B; however, since that font is incredibly elusive, I'd suggest using this font: http://www.fonts.com/font/linotype/optima/demi-bold

EDIT: PM me if you need the font. I've managed to export it off of a BA schedule PDF, but since it's copyrighted, I'm only giving it to legitimate repainters via PM.

Guillaume L.

THANK YOU !! this is fantastic.

You're welcome ! :)

Nice! Just asking - would it be possible for you to do the same type of "fleet edits" for the BA fleet (in Landor colors)? Due to your skill level, it shouldn't be a problem, as you should only need to change a single letter. The font used is Mylius Sans Regular B; however, since that font is incredibly elusive, I'd suggest using this font: http://www.fonts.com/font/linotype/optima/demi-bold

EDIT: PM me if you need the font. I've managed to export it off of a BA schedule PDF, but since it's copyrighted, I'm only giving it to legitimate repainters via PM.

Yeah, I surely can do it, it isn't that hard (even with my limited repainting "skills" lol). PM sent for the font. ;)

Guillaume

Guillaume L.

could someone PM the BA fleet repaints? I've been looking for 2 years!

I'm working on it. I plan to upload it here on the forum when I'm done. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Guillaume L.

Hi all,

Bumping this thread just to let you know that I've worked on a 1.1 version :

-Textures increased to 2048 resolution

-Fixed a night texture bug.

I was not able to update the file available on the download section of the forum (I keep getting an error 200 over and over again). However, the repaints are now available on AVSIM. :)

AVSIM link

Enjoy !

Guillaume

• Like 1