Pilotfredrik

Hello,

I have had the concorde-x for a couple of days now and i have great confidence in flying her. But there is still a couple of things that i'm not able to do. The worst on being that my autopilot is uncontrollable at mach 2. As soon as I reach mach 1.96-97, the autopilot starts to jump the aircraft up and down. Like it moves up a little and tries to correct that by moving down, but then moves to far down and then goes back up to far until it creates these huge up and down rollercoaster like motion that eventually results in the aircraft spinning at an impossible rate. from there i cannot regain control again as everyone onboard probably does instantly after the plane starts spinning it is ridiculous. Another problem(which is not the aircrafts fault,) is that i dont know how to make her climb faster (V/S). I can't find out where the V/S knob is so that i can climb faster. it would be very great for some help or the money i spent on this is a waste as i cannot fly mach 2.

Magnus Meese

Hi, open the Manual at page 76 to learn about the pitch datum adjust, and open the Tutorial at page 7-97 to learn about the transonic climb. To fly Concorde properly, you have to read, read and then read some more, there's no way around it :)

• Like 1
Pilotfredrik

Hi, open the Manual at page 76 to learn about the pitch datum adjust, and open the Tutorial at page 7-97 to learn about the transonic climb. To fly Concorde properly, you have to read, read and then read some more, there's no way around it :)

"and open the Tutorial at page 7-97 to learn about the transonic climb" where do i find this?

Pilotfredrik

Are you running at normal time speed o r accelerated time? accelerated time makes the autopilot very twitchy and can cause what you have observed

I am running normal speeds and following the checklists

Magnus Meese

Open the Windows start menu, go to All Programs -> Flightsim Labs Ltd -> Documentation -> ConcordeX Tutorial. Or just write "concorde" in the start menu search box (or if you're on win8), and click the tutorial pdf when it shows.

The digit before the dash in the page number in the tutorial is just a chapter index, so in the PDF page look-up, just write the page number 97.

Richard Portier

Hello,

I have had the concorde-x for a couple of days now and i have great confidence in flying her. But there is still a couple of things that i'm not able to do. The worst on being that my autopilot is uncontrollable at mach 2. As soon as I reach mach 1.96-97, the autopilot starts to jump the aircraft up and down. Like it moves up a little and tries to correct that by moving down, but then moves to far down and then goes back up to far until it creates these huge up and down rollercoaster like motion that eventually results in the aircraft spinning at an impossible rate. from there i cannot regain control again as everyone onboard probably does instantly after the plane starts spinning it is ridiculous. Another problem(which is not the aircrafts fault,) is that i dont know how to make her climb faster (V/S). I can't find out where the V/S knob is so that i can climb faster. it would be very great for some help or the money i spent on this is a waste as i cannot fly mach 2.

Hello,

Just in case, have you AccuFeel (A2A program) installed and running (excellent program btw) ? If yes shutdown it. I had exactly the same problem when I tried ConcordeX first time. This was due to the way AccuFeel manages turbulence.

Regards,

Richard Portier

Pilotfredrik

Hello,

Just in case, have you AccuFeel (A2A program) installed and running (excellent program btw) ? If yes shutdown it. I had exactly the same problem when I tried ConcordeX first time. This was due to the way AccuFeel manages turbulence.

Regards,

Richard Portier

Hello,

Actually I have the accufeel program running and I will turn it off as you said I believe you are right and I will inform you if It works thank you so much!

Have a nice day,

Fredrik Heggstad

Pilotfredrik

Hello,

Regards,

Richard Portier

Hello,

Thank you man you are a genius this really helpede out and I'm sitting here flying Mach 2.02 without problems thank you that means a lot to me!

Best regards,

Fredrik Heggstad