Spotlight Config Files To Be Shared With The Community

Bob L

All links or specific links? I'm able to download any of the config files.  

Simmers - anyone else not able to download any of the config files?

• 2 weeks later...
Lefteris Kalamaras

Unfortunately, this was a by-product of the forum upgrade. We have asked the authors to reupload, hopefully they will do so soonest.

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to upload my B738 file again but it tells me max 0.36MB while the file is only 5k ...?

:huh:

..... and so I pressed EDIT and suddenly it did take the files.

Strange?! But here they are. I prefer to keep the AUTOPILOT on manual lights and for that you have to turn the knob underneath the ND

Upload.jpg

Boeing738.zip

Edited by Terblanche
Did not want to load the files
Troy Krajancic
17 hours ago, Terblanche said:

I am trying to upload my B738 file again but it tells me max 0.36MB while the file is only 5k ...?

:huh:

..... and so I pressed EDIT and suddenly it did take the files.

Strange?! But here they are. I prefer to keep the AUTOPILOT on manual lights and for that you have to turn the knob underneath the ND

Upload.jpg

Boeing738.zip

Your PMDG 737 lighting theme is great. Have you done any tweaks since you posted it last year?

How about something for the PMDG 777?

Thank you Troykr -

Haven't doen anything else except Aerosoft A320 that I tweaked the *.ini that is available on the forum for the A319 and A321. I like the default PMDG 777 lighting because you could turn every lamp up and down to fit the perfect ambience just like the real cockpit.

Here is the Aerosoft Airbus family ... night lighting for the A318, A319, A320, A321

FULL CREDIT to Uncensor for his A320 'template' that I could work with. I've changed some camera angles and lighting. It was quite some work to get the distances correct between the different sizes of aircraft. Remember to set the cockpit to DARK in Aerosoft Aircraft Configurator.

Feel free to tweak it some more.

Enjoy!

Airbus Upload.zip

A318_ Wide.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 5.3.2015 at 1:12 PM, Lauri Sivuoja said:

Hi guys,

I've been working to get thes ini files for you. More will come today :)!

For now I have included:

A2A C182

Aerosoft Airbus A318 CFM

Aerosoft Airbus A319 CFM+IAE

Aerosoft Airbus A320 CFM+IAE

Aerosoft Airbus A321 CFM+IAE

Majestic Software Dash 8 Q400

PMDG 737-600NGX

PMDG 737-700NGX (WL)

PMDG 737-800NGX (WL)

PMDG 737-900NGX (WL)

PMDG 777-200LR

PMDG 777-300ER

PMDG 777F

SpotLight_Lauri_Pack#1.zip

post-3974-0-16169900-1425557507_thumb.jp

post-3974-0-74843900-1425557511_thumb.jp

post-3974-0-78519800-1425557517_thumb.jp

post-3974-0-09486100-1425557527_thumb.jp

post-3974-0-91480400-1425557560_thumb.jp

Could you please reupload your Spotlight Packs?

Thank You!

Lefteris Kalamaras

Gents-

I managed to restore the old files from our forum backups, let me know if you cannot find something now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 28.4.2016 at 1:02 AM, Terblanche said:

Here is the Aerosoft Airbus family ... night lighting for the A318, A319, A320, A321

FULL CREDIT to Uncensor for his A320 'template' that I could work with. I've changed some camera angles and lighting. It was quite some work to get the distances correct between the different sizes of aircraft. Remember to set the cockpit to DARK in Aerosoft Aircraft Configurator.

Feel free to tweak it some more.

Enjoy!

Airbus Upload.zip

A318_ Wide.jpg

Great work, but I see a problem with the spot light #9 PILOT LIGHT - PILOT MAP. It is visible also on the runway. Please see the screenshot attached. To make the issue a little bit more clear I enhanced the brightness. Is there a way to change this? I experimented with the various settings but could not find a solution.

Hanse

A320 #9 PILOT LIGHT - PILOT MAP.jpg

44 minutes ago, Hanse said:

Is there a way to change this? I experimented with the various settings but could not find a solution.

Hi Hanse -

Sorry about that, I have not notice it before. Here is some updates for the A320 and A319 as well as PMDG B738 ... let me know if it is fixed.

Airbus Upload.zip

Hi Terblanche,

the A320 file is OK but with the A319 file I had similar issues. But changing the Y-Axis value to -0.41 the issue is gone. Thanks for your quick answer and support.

Regards,

Hanse

1 hour ago, Hanse said:

But changing the Y-Axis value to -0.41 the issue is gone

Great - will fix A319 on my side as well. Never fly this bird but the A320 quite a lot ;-)

Marco Rivera

Is that only for the A318-19 model? Because I know that with the A320-21 the vc lights are pretty bright. Am curious how you got those great lights sets?

On 8/20/2016 at 4:17 AM, Terblanche said:

Hi Hanse -

Sorry about that, I have not notice it before. Here is some updates for the A320 and A319 as well as PMDG B738 ... let me know if it is fixed.

Airbus Upload.zip

Hello, I am using your light mod, but could you tell me how to fix the following problem. This is for the A320, I haven't tested the A319 one.

2016_8_26_17_13_49_19.jpg

@slopey @rsvette12 - this is SO strange because it doesn't look like this at all in my FSX ... are you using DX10 and/or P3D (HDR) because it seems that the lights display differently with them ...?

PS: And my dome settings are way, way darker than the screenshot with no lights on the roof ^_^ - very strange indeed ...

Lefteris Kalamaras

Gents-

you have hit the problem spot on (pun intented):

DX9 shader technology is older, so Spotlights use Vertex Shader lighting (lights are calculated per vertex). This results in coarser models (models that have low polygon count) to stretch sometimes, compared to how they would look in DX10, where Pixel Shader lighting is used.

This means you need to be testing in both modes to ensure your lights don't have any such issues. Small tweaks (move them a bit) will help.

5 minutes ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

you have hit the problem spot on (pun intented)

Bhwahahahaha!! - I'm considering to give DX10 another go seeing that the new FSLabs A320X (apparently) gives a better performance with DX10 ... my previous experience with DX10 was disastrous with FPS at an all time low and all the tweaking with Nvidia_Insp just became boring after a while. At the moment my FSX is well tuned but the A320X demands more ;-) 

11 hours ago, slopey said:

Hello, I am using your light mod, but could you tell me how to fix the following problem. This is for the A320, I haven't tested the A319 one.

2016_8_26_17_13_49_19.jpg

I do not have this issue with the A320 (please see screenshot below). But maybe this is based on the simulator used or your settings. I created those files with P3D v3.35 and HDR Lightning activated: Brightness = 0,70, Bloom = 0.00 and Saturation = 0.80. For other simlulators and add-ons like DX10 SF certain settings (using the LightManager) might have to be adjusted.

Hanse

EDDM 08R A320.jpg

13 hours ago, slopey said:

I am using Hanse's A320 lighting mod, great work! But how can I adjust the overhead panel?

Please have a look into the zip file and check the pdf-file "Cockpit Lights A318-A321". You will recognize that there is no way to light up the OH panel itself in the real Airbus. You are only able to light up the OVHD INTEG lights using the respective knob on the overhead. And this works in the Aerosoft Airbus - unfortunately without a dimming feature.

Hanse

8 hours ago, Terblanche said:

@slopey @rsvette12 - this is SO strange because it doesn't look like this at all in my FSX ... are you using DX10 and/or P3D (HDR) because it seems that the lights display differently with them ...?

PS: And my dome settings are way, way darker than the screenshot with no lights on the roof ^_^ - very strange indeed ...

I am using P3D latest and really enjoying your settings i did not see this happening also i am using HDR looking forward to more of your presets - they are excellent - you dont happen to own carenado shrike hint hint :) 

@rsvette12 - yip I do have the Commander but haven't done any lighting on it. 

I've just loaded my Spotlight settings for the B738 and A320 in DX10 and I don't see the above result as a matter of fact it looks very much the same as DX9 except the edge of every spot doesn't fade so nicely into the rest and it is more defined but I have no spots on the window and/or runway. Baffled with the above picture although I haven't loaded the A320 in P3D because my P3D is setup for only VFR flying. 

21 hours ago, Terblanche said:

@rsvette12 - yip I do have the Commander but haven't done any lighting on it. 

I've just loaded my Spotlight settings for the B738 and A320 in DX10 and I don't see the above result as a matter of fact it looks very much the same as DX9 except the edge of every spot doesn't fade so nicely into the rest and it is more defined but I have no spots on the window and/or runway. Baffled with the above picture although I haven't loaded the A320 in P3D because my P3D is setup for only VFR flying. 

But you can use various settings / profiles in P3D ...... just save and load those using the Scenario screen------

On 8/27/2016 at 5:57 AM, Hanse said:

I just updated my A318-A321 files because I found out that some of the settings were not like in the "real" Airbus (comparing those with cockpit photos). Please find the latest files attached.

Hanse

Well done Hanse - thanks

On 8/27/2016 at 1:41 AM, Terblanche said:

I am using P3D v3.3.5 with no other shade or tweak addons, only the built-in HDR settings.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, johnliem said:

Hello 

I am new for this addon, where do I have to copy the ini file which I have downloaded from the zip file, thanks

It's listed in the documentation, and the location is in the Airplanes folder of the aircraft. 

For example this would be the location for the FSL A320-X CFM model - C:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\FSLabs A320 CFM

John Supardjo

Thanks Bob for quick respon,I will give a try and look but the name are the same, like from the zip file, and I have downloaded for 3 diffrence aircraft, like 737 NGX ,777, and Airbus, can I just overwrite it?

Edited by johnliem
forget to ask

"can I just overwrite it? " - Yes.

There should only be 1 FSLSpotlights.ini file per aircraft model (folder). 

Example - there will be 1 FSLSpotlights.ini file for each of the below listed aircraft, and the ini file will reside in that folder structure.

C:\fsx\SimObjects\Airplanes\FSLabs A320 CFM

C:\fsx\SimObjects\Airplanes\FSLabs A320 IAE

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Frank Kunath
On 24.2.2017 at 1:43 PM, Igor Petrov said:

I can't download this one.

Thanks,

same here, download link is dead