New Vc Shots - April '14

Andrew Wilson

Andrew Wilson

Hi all -

I had promised new screenshots - though it dawned on me shortly after this that we were fast approaching one of our internal release schedules (where a new build goes out to our technical/testing team), and I subsequently had to see to other tasks. Whilst such tasks inevitably bring the A320-X closer to your virtual hangers, it did mean that the promised new screenshots didn't show - so please accept my apologies.

So, we're now in April 2014 - and the A320-X is nearing completion. It's a very exciting time for all of us at Flight Sim Labs - spurred on by the thought of completing the project after four years in the making. We've still got many very exciting features to share with you as the project enters the final stages of development, and we'll be revealing some of those once we get into beta - for now, here are some screenshots of the latest virtual cockpit model.

VC161.jpg

VC162.jpg

VC163.jpg

VC164.jpg

VC165.jpg

And one last one, showing the latest livery to roll out of the paint shop:

QTR320X.jpg

• Like 18

This looks awesome, and so good to see it will be supporting cockpit builders in terms of realism.
I know a real life Airbus pilot and he says that the Aerosoft version is far from real, but will do until your product comes out.
One question to you team.

Now since PMDG has cracked the code to make a working weather radar for their 777 (in a coming update), will FSLABS then make the same?
Because it clearly is possible if you use some type of weather engine outside FSX and P3D (so says the latest news).

Also ground radar, right? :)

Speaking of P3D, will the bus support the latest P3D ?
Sorry if this question has been answered, I did not find those questions when I had a look.
I am asking because I so truly want this to be the bus I have been waiting for.

I will buy 2x the pro version, for the cockpit and the other just for me.

Andrew Wilson

One question to you team.

Now since PMDG has cracked the code to make a working weather radar for their 777 (in a coming update), will FSLABS then make the same?

Because it clearly is possible if you use some type of weather engine outside FSX and P3D (so says the latest news).

Goodness gracious me - that nearly made me spill my coffee! :)

See here please.

• Like 2
Karl Brooker

I would like to be in Beta testing team, if it is not late for being that. :)

If there are any requirements for additional testers in the future, there will be a very clear post with our requirements. :)

• Like 1
Jeffrey Staehli

Wow, impressive shots indeed! Glad to hear that the beta phase is nearing.

One question though: Is the Captain's EFIS control panel pushbutton lights in the VC fully functional at the moment? My eye just caught some magenta data on the Capt's ND with no pushbutton pressed on the EFIS control panel. And also, the FMA on the PFD shows "1FD2" while the p/b for FD1 is not pressed, should be "-FD2" in case of manual disengagement or "2FD2" in the automatic case.

Sorry for nitpicking...

However, the visual impact of your shots is immense! Kudos to the artists!

Best regards :-)

Lefteris Kalamaras

Hi,

we try to always keep you on your toes with small niggles like that - it's an internal contest to see who will pick these out first :).

• Like 1
Fritz_Essono
Wow, impressive shots indeed! Glad to hear that the beta phase is nearing.

One question though: Is the Captain's EFIS control panel pushbutton lights in the VC fully functional at the moment? My eye just caught some magenta data on the Capt's ND with no pushbutton pressed on the EFIS control panel. And also, the FMA on the PFD shows "1FD2" while the p/b for FD1 is not pressed, should be "-FD2" in case of manual disengagement or "2FD2" in the automatic case.

Sorry for nitpicking...

However, the visual impact of your shots is immense! Kudos to the artists!

Best regards :-)

Don't worry a second. You have NO idea how deep this sim is. It's very impressive.

• Like 2
Sidharth Raju

I am sooo very excited about this one! :D

And guys remember -Sometimes beta takes a lot of months to deal with.. Let us hope it comes out as soon and furnished :)

"So, we're now in April 2014 - and the A320-X is nearing completion"

You just made my Weekend a lot happier!!! Wow, can't believe we're getting there!

My FSX is ready! Actually, my Prepar3d V2.2 with all it's gorgeous details is too, but that's a subject for another topic! B)

Gianluca Belardinelli

Will be possible to know more or less a date of release? :)

By the way, good job, keep it up!

Alfredo Terrero

FSlabs, you don't know how many times I've dreamt that I have this bus in my hands, so when it finally comes out, it will be a literal dream come true.

Speedbrakes

I am sooo very excited about this one! :D

And guys remember -Sometimes beta takes a lot of months to deal with.. Let us hope it comes out as soon and furnished :)

Andrew and other members of FSL have already said several times that they anticipate a short beta phase as "testing" is continously going on, am I right? :)

By the way: Amazing cockpit!

Is Pro version also for FSX? Just curious to know if just because it's Prepar3d and not FSX it's PRO, or Prepar3d is only getting the Pro, and FSX will get both.

Never been an Airbus fan, but I think it'll change with this - a sure buy for me!

Quick question: will there be a discount/upgrade on the Pro version like the Q400 for example? I'd want to have both!

I hope there's a plan for upgrade from entertainment to Pro version, since they're not going to be released simultaneously. But let's focus on FSX for

Herby Gore

Really NHerby?

Yep! With the time, it is almost annoying to go from new screenshots to new screenshots.

I'm still coming here to check out if something new's coming but usually get away disappointed. That's what happened today.

I've been waiting for the T7 for so long that I completely lost any interest in it and, in the end, didn't buy it. It will be the same for this Airbus serie. Now, I'm just looking forward for the new service pack for Concorde.

It looks that I'm not the good client for this kind of long term communication where you spend more time waiting for a product than using it.

Nuno M Pinto

Yeah i've been waiting for as long as you, except i get on with my life trying other stuff/flying other models and when it finally comes out, i can enjoy it in full because i didn't waste my time waiting for something even the dev team doesn't know when will be completed.

Relax and move on.

• Like 1
Lefteris Kalamaras

Yep! With the time, it is almost annoying to go from new screenshots to new screenshots.

I'm still coming here to check out if something new's coming but usually get away disappointed. That's what happened today.

I've been waiting for the T7 for so long that I completely lost any interest in it and, in the end, didn't buy it. It will be the same for this Airbus serie. Now, I'm just looking forward for the new service pack for Concorde.

It looks that I'm not the good client for this kind of long term communication where you spend more time waiting for a product than using it.

I read your post 30 minutes ago and I still cannot decide what to make of it... all I can say is - go outside, enjoy life, enjoy sports, have some fun, get some action, we'll still be here when you get back and you might even have some more endorphins hitting your brain to make you happier.

The majority of our prospective customers appreciate our regular communications - whenever they might come out. If you don't get that same result, you might want to consider only visiting other forums. Be sure that when we release, you'll know immediately.

• Like 3
Herby Gore

No blame on you, Lefteris. I can see on this forum that a lot of folks enjoy to have regular updates on the progress you make.

I don't want to look offensive, just want to share my feeling on this matter. I know some people around me sharing the same feeling.

At first, I was very enthousiast with this project and your regular communications worked like a charm on me. But this time is just over.

So I guess I should just follow your advice and move on ;)

EREK KARTAL

i flew in 737ng full flight sim in IFTC istanbul many times, i heve been wating for an airbus to be made for flight sim just as good as the ngx or t7 from pmdg to enjoy and get to know the buses before spending money to ffs. well i guess, i just need to wait a little bit more but im sure it s worth it.

OH BTW is it true that u guys have added secret future to literally call a cabin attendant into my room by using cabin call shiwch or seatbelt signs? :D

• Like 1
SwissMD-11

Looking excellent - hope it arrives soon!

Having used FSX quite a bit lately on a new PC, it becomes obvious that VAS issues become the limiting factor. Keeping that in mind, I would like to ask if it is possible to save a flight with the Airbus including the entire panel state, which is useful if you want to restart FSX mid-flight in order to avoid OOM issues on approach. -thanks.

Rivahratt

Very excited to see the amount of progress that has been made since the last update. This looks to be the only promising Airbus simulation available for FSX. I have been wondering, however, about the MCDU and its ability to import routes. On PMDG aircraft, I have the ability to type the name of the route and import it after planning and exporting it in software such as PFPX. This makes the process of setting up the aircraft a lot less time consuming. Is this a feature of the FSLabs A320?

Thank you,

Stephen Hobson

• Lefteris Kalamaras unpinned this topic