Weather Radar And Asn

Gregory Bally

Gregory Bally

Hi Fslabs team, With Active Sky Next bringing a revolution in the FSX weather engine, placing clouds where they really are, it seems now possible to integrate an accurate weather radar in FSX aircrafts... hence, are you gonna, like what iFly is doing for their 737, integrate the weather radar function on the ND ? That would be I believe the last missing piece of a 100% perfectly complete puzzle ! :wub:

Andrew Wilson

it seems now possible to integrate an accurate weather radar in FSX aircrafts

Yes and no - we are talking to the Hifi team about our requirements. That's all I can say for the moment.

You can assume, until we state otherwise, that the A320-X does not feature a working weather radar.

• Like 1

The problem is, that it is still complicated to integrate into a complex add-on like FSL's A320-X.

However, dear Flight Sim Labs team, I would suggest that you release the A320 first instead of wasting too much time trying to get this radar working. I hope you have the same opinion like me? :)

By the way: We will be able to use Navigraph's oder Aerosoft's (NavDataPro) AIRAC cycle's, correct?

• Like 2
Gregory Bally

Yes and no - we are talking to the Hifi team about our requirements. That's all I can say for the moment.

You can assume, until we state otherwise, that the A320-X does not feature a working weather radar.

Thanks Andrew for your reply. This is clear. .... and I believe this can always come as a future Service Pack if integration becomes possible...

Also there is a video in youtube showing the weather radar working.It was great when the aircraft was flying inside CB clouds.At that moment i thought that the aircraft would have fallen :P
Anyway ,one day we will have the option to say :

control,good evening request twenty degrees lelf turn to avoid weather B)

Dwayne_Bates

If this was to happen, It would be the icing on the cake. B)

Dan

Gregory Bally

I am already dreaming of the colorfull clouds and rain radar echo appearing on the ND of the beautiful VC.... I would straight away uninstall ALL my other aicrafts :-))

Will we be getting the AVOID Volcanic Ash Detector? :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I would of thought in the case of FSX it would be for show only if it's a switch or small panel. If anyone did a volcano type add on it would be more for show and effect than hampering operational ability. I could be wrong be I've seen nothing to suggest anything other than the above.

The only sim that I know of that does volcanic eruptions/ash is xplane and unfotunatly at the moment anyway it seems the A32X won't be available for that.

Cheers,

Tim

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Guys!

I'm watching the weather radar topic for a long time now cause i felt that this is one of the last, main aircraft systems, that hasn't been modeled correctly for now.

I've read the aerosoft topic very carefully and what it says to me is that they found a way to model it correctly, but i don't get how they did :)

Andrew you said that the fsx data doesn't meet the A320-X requirements. Do you mean the data or the way that aerosoft found to model their aircraft?

I wonder if the ASN data does meet the requirements for the A320-X?

Really lookig forward to the upcoming A320.

Best regards

Chris

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Lefteris Kalamaras

Gents-

I know you've seen me go on-record before to state that until we can get proper precipitation reflection data coming back from the simulator platform, we'd not even consider featuring a weather radar implementation.

We've been working behind the scenes with HiFi Simulations on this topic for a while now and we're glad that our suggestions, recommendations and collaborative development efforts are bearing fruit - even if that means other products will also benefit from our contributions - we're not ones to actively try and pursue the development laurels for this, we've always received much more satisfaction from raising the bar on what can be simulated on a global scale, than what can be gained by bragging about it.

As such, and until you are actually able to use our product and judge for yourself that what we've achieved makes sense, we'll simply say that we're still working very closely together with the good people at HiFi to deliver something that will be as accurate as should be, given real-world specifications and simulation platform restrictions.

• Like 6
Alfredo Terrero

As such, and until you are actually able to use our product and judge for yourself that what we've achieved makes sense, we'll simply say that we're still working very closely together with the good people at HiFi to deliver something that will be as accurate as should be, given real-world specifications and simulation platform restrictions.

Music to my ears.