Active Sky Next Released.

John Barnes

I'd be interested to hear opinions on this - it seems to be very highly rated over at AvSim so far. I will of course try it myself, but I have a trip to Bulgaria and family visits taking up the rest of 2013.

Look forward to trying ASN, I have big hopes :)

I bought it today without trying it. Probably won't try it til Friday since I'm in the middle of finals. That's the kind of faith I have in the guys at HiFi. They never disappoint..........just like FSL. I will admit though, it's hard not breaking down and buying the "other" Airbus just to hold me over.

Installed the trial last night (I decided to make some time :P ) and I'm really impressed so far. Got some wicked turbulence flying in the Majestic Q400.

Installed the trial last night (I decided to make some time :P ) and I'm really impressed so far. Got some wicked turbulence flying in the Majestic Q400.

Good to hear. I did watch the video's on their website. It looks amazing. Have you ever tried OC'ing your CPU further? I run my 3570K @ 4.5GHz. It's perfectly stable.

Good to hear. I did watch the video's on their website. It looks amazing. Have you ever tried OC'ing your CPU further? I run my 3570K @ 4.5GHz. It's perfectly stable.

Not tried past 4.0GHz as I've been happy with the results so far. I think I'd like to go to watercooling to take it any further though, I'm only running a big air cooler at the moment.

Not tried past 4.0GHz as I've been happy with the results so far. I think I'd like to go to watercooling to take it any further though, I'm only running a big air cooler at the moment.

Yeah I run the Corsair H100. Got it when I got the CPU so I never tried 4.5 with air.

Downloaded the trial last night, performed a few flights and just purchased the full version, I'm one happy simmer. With Opus I experienced nasty wind shifts, with ASN, no more wind shifts. This alone sold me...

Bob

Glad your liking it Guys!

Karl, ive often pondered on water-cooling but I have to say that my now aging system 2600k @ 4.5ghz is and has been very stable for the past 3 years air cooled with the Noctua nhd14.

Downloaded the tial and I retired Opus. ASN does exactly what it says on the tin. Now there's only one more on the "must have" list of mine ;).

• Like 1
Downloaded the tial and I retired Opus. ASN does exactly what it says on the tin. Now there's only one more on the "must have" list of mine ;).

Ditto!

I am enjoying ASN very much, It sure makes flight sim a lot better :), But has anyone come across this, When on the ils and just about to touch down, suddenly the aircraft will lose control and turn like someone is pulling the wing down to the ground, I have had this twice now when coming into land, I get no warning's it just happens out the blue.

But Apart from that I love it :)

daN-_

Wayne Klockner

Wake turbulence? Were you following another aircraft on that approach? ASN does model this effect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Do you have the windshear alert turned on?

I have windshear alert turned on, But got no warning.

Wake turbulence? Were you following another aircraft on that approach? ASN does model this effect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The first time it happened, There was a aircraft waiting to line up and the second time it happened 737-800 had just taxied off the runway.

Not sure if everyone is aware, there is an issue with ASN and FSUIPC (ver 4.924 & 4.295), this may explain your issue...

From the ASN forum -

"It has come to our attention that the new FSUIPC 4.924 and 4.925 builds just released are causing issues with ASN. Specifically, our control of wind, turbulence and potentially other items are affected, and you may experience wind shifts, lack of turbulence and/or other anomalies.

We are advising everyone to roll back to a previous FSUIPC version until this can be addressed. This will not affect users who do not have FSUIPC installed.

FSUIPC (4.92) which is confirmed to operate correctly with ASN. Before installing this, backup and rename (or remove) your FSUIPC.DLL in your FSX\Modules folder, so that this old version can install (your settings will be retained, but we recommend a full backup of the modules folder just in case)."

Also, on FSUIPC forum, Pete has released ver 4.926 which addresses these 2 issues -

"FSUIPC version 4,926 only, for those with 4.924 or 4.925 already installed FSUIPC 4.926

-- Stops crash in API.DLL on exiting FSX when certain add-ons are installed.

-- Fixes problem sharing wind control hooks between ASN and other programs.

-- Fixes problem in 4.925 with ASN control being diminished. Please see changes document."

- http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

Bob

• Like 1

Worked very well with Concorde today. Some turb but concorde did not lose control.

Do You have a weather radar in your Concorde in ASN? I can't insert it..