Performance, Trouble Shooting, and FAQ's

Guest Paul Smith

Guest Paul Smith

Concorde X Paint Kit

Captains-

I am happy to announce that our Concorde-X Official Paint Kit is now available, in our Forum Downloads section.

Use it to create your own liveries for your favorite aircraft and be sure to let us know where you have uploaded your results, so we can check out your fantastic work! (If we like your work, we might even ask you to give us the resulting livery to host on our site!)

We'll do our best to assist you with it, but please note that the Paint Kit is officially unsupported, so any help with it might be provided if and when our developers have free time to spare.

Once again, thank you for choosing Flight Sim Labs, Ltd. for your simulation addons!

Hi all.

Thanks for the paint kit release.

I noticed that there are no generic *_lm.dds files in the paintkit. Only the *_T.dds

I used black 1024x1024 squares for my painting and all seems to be OK, but I'd like to know how the _lm.dds "works" and if I could use it to make my livery nicer...

Regards,

Cyril

Tks FSL for the paintkit release.

Cyril, for the _lm, I used the original _T.dds 2048x2048 image and resized to 1024x1024, and also reduced luminosity to 98% (as recommended by Lefteris). That way they match the paint jobs exactly. You may need to add additional lighting if needed for emphasis on your paintjob. Also, I didn't save Mip Maps when doing the _lm textures smile.gif

Can't wait for the repaints to start rolling in!!

That's correct, Charan!

Also, for those who feel their machine can tolerate them, I recommend no-mip-mapped fuselage images, as there are some bugs in the distance calculations in FSX which will cause some blurring when viewing the fuselage from different angles (because of the mipmaps). Obviously, this will mean the images will be in memory constantly, so it's not for the faint of heart.

Guest Paul Smith

Error 1044 and Non-English Windows Installations

Captains,

I started a new topic on this issue, as the other one was a bit confusing to all by now.

To recap and summarize:

We're tracking an issue with "Error 1044" appearing for a small percentage of our non-English customers who are running non-English operating systems. This is an issue that occurs with the eWebClient.DLL file which either fails to be installed at its proper location, or fails to operate properly. We're working closely together with eSellerate on this and we hope to have a solution shortly (but since it's the weekend now, it will be after this coming Monday, for sure).

In the meantime, we created a workaround temporary utility that helps MANUALLY activate the Concorde (as if you were not connected on the Internet) and we're still testing this to see if it will satisfy resolve this issue at least as a workaround. We have NOT widely distributed this utility, as we're not 100% sure that it works for all involved. When we know for sure, we'll tell you more.

Please understand that we're trying our best to satisfy your needs, as we understand how frustrating this can be for you to have purchased the Concorde and not be able to fly it.

We'll keep you posted.

Please note, that now, if you have this problem, simply contact Flight Sim Labs Support with your System Specs, Order Number, and Name along with the Nature of the problem. the Support email address is

Support (at) FlightSimLabs (dot) (com)

Guest Paul Smith

Memory Requirements and PC Specs

(Updated for v1.3 and to include FSX and P3D sections)

Captains-

I'd like to post a note here to clarify some misunderstandings regarding the Concorde's memory usage and how it can run on 'lesser spec' machines.

Microsoft FSX

'Absolute minimum' requirements for running the Concorde on FSX Legacy and Steam:

Core2Duo CPU
Windows 7 SP1
4GB RAM
512MB DX9-capable Graphics Card

To reiterate: These are "ABSOLUTE MINIMUM" requirements. This means that your computer will be able to run the Concorde, but you'll need to make some concessions when it comes to what settings you'll run it with. It also means that you cannot be expecting to run it well, if you have a bunch of other addons running at the same time (REX, Ultimate Traffic, AES, Advanced Weather apps, etc.) - it's simply asking too much of your, nowadays low-end PC. You'll run out of memory, and this is NOT because of our product. If you want to run the Concorde, you can, but please make sure you set your sliders to the left, remove all unnecessary applications, ensure that FSX is running with the 'memory patch' on, etc. (There are LOTS of threads on AVSIM's FSX forum that give directions on that, this is outside of the scope of my post here).

The RECOMMENDED hardware so you can fully enjoy the Concorde is:

Intel i7 CPU
Windows 10 64bit
16GB DDR2 RAM (more even better)
1GB DX10-capable Graphics card (if running in DX10 mode, Steve's DX Fixer is recommended)

With the above setup, you should expect that the Concorde will behave properly "out of the box" (meaning: If you've tweaked your PC to bits and are again running a million other applications, then the problems are on your end).

A final note:

There is a CLEAR, REPEATABLE bug with FSX and texture memory. It's repeatable, even with the default TRIKE, even with NO ADDONS running whatsoever. That bug is what a lot of you have seen happen when aircraft textures and/or scenery disappears. If you're interested in reproducing it, install FSX SP2, then switch to full screen, go to external view, then Virtual Cockpit view, then back to 2D view a couple times, then switch back to windowed mode. Do the above a few times and, depending on your setup, the entire world will become black with flickering white textures.

During our beta testing period, we proved this is due to FSX itself. Repeatedly. Then, we ran FSX in 'debug mode', removing its internal 'anti-Direct-X debug' protection mechanism, so we could detect what's going on. The results were very interesting (although again, outside the scope of this post).

Our advice on that: Run FSX in windowed mode. If you REALLY want to run it in Full Screen mode, expect these issues to happen, especially if you switch views constantly. The only way, possibly, to prevent them, for awhile, is to run in a single view consistently (i.e. VC, or 2D). Even then, there are no promises.

So we say again: Run. FSX. In. Windowed. Mode.

Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D

'Absolute minimum' requirements for running the Concorde on FSX Legacy and Steam:

Core2Duo CPU
Windows 7 SP1
4GB RAM
512MB DX11-capable Graphics Card

To reiterate: These are "ABSOLUTE MINIMUM" requirements. This means that your computer will be able to run the Concorde, but you'll need to make some concessions when it comes to what settings you'll run it with. It also means that you cannot be expecting to run it well, if you have a bunch of other addons running at the same time (REX, Ultimate Traffic, AES, Advanced Weather apps, etc.) - it's simply asking too much of your, nowadays low-end PC. You'll run out of memory, and this is NOT because of our product.

The RECOMMENDED hardware so you can fully enjoy the Concorde is:

Intel i7 CPU
Windows 10 64bit
16GB DDR2 RAM (more even better)
1GB DX11-capable Graphics card

With the above setup, you should expect that the Concorde will behave properly "out of the box" (meaning: If you've tweaked your PC to bits and are again running a million other applications, then the problems are on your end).

Thanks for reading smile.gif.

Guest Paul Smith

Multiple Monitors / Multiple 2D Panels

Hello Everyone,

I just thought I would share a couple of tools I use on a regular basis when flying Concorde-x with multiple monitors. The ability to open extra panels via keystrokes and the engineer min pop-up feature make all of the panels (and there are a lot of them...) in Concorde-x very accessible.

If you have a multiple monitor setup with lots of screen real estate it is nice to have as many panels open as possible. My primary view machine has a total of 4 monitors allowing me to be lucky enough to have a total of 7 of the 2D panels open. I use two tools to aid in setting up for flights and jumping quickly to selected panels.

1) Multiple Panel Setup. Each time I used to load up Concorde it would take me a while to open my favourite windows, position them etc etc.

For this I use the 'Panel Position' utility. Thanks to this utility I do not have to resize and position them each time. It is simple to use just follow the directions in the read me. Basically open your favourite panels, undock them and then run the 'Panel Restore' app (of course assuming you read the readme :)and ran Panel Save app first).

The link is still good as of 3/23/2010.

http://www.casawave....el_Position.zip

2) To move between multiple monitors I use the application Multi Monitor mouse. Handy little application that allows you to warp the mouse between monitors with a simple keystroke. It can be configured to center the mouse on each monitor etc.

http://graphics.cs.c...s/m3/index.html

Hope this helps increase your Concorde-x enjoyment!

Cheers,

James.

Another and probably more simple way to save windows' position on FSX with multi-monitors is:

-Open your flight

-select windowed visual mode from FSX menu.

-Drag/strech/resize all the windows/panels and place them where you need.

-Save panel state and AFTER save the flight.

-Go back again in full window mode (from FSX menu)

Everytime you will load this saved flight all panles will be right where you want them...

I have used this method with all my planes (about 10) and it works fine with my 4 monitors

Hope it helps

Nick

Nick,

Thanks for the tip. I will give that a try. I had not tried the 'save panel' state after saving a flight. What I do like about panel position is the fact that I can create a new flight, setup the parameters etc, choose how I want Concorde-X (cold and dark etc) then position the panels.

For those still looking to use panel position. Here is a link to a post with instructions.

http://forums1.avsim...php/t63144.html

Cheers,

james.

Nick

It does work well in full screen. Basically, you have to setup and store the window positions while in windowed mode. Then restore in windowed mode and switch to full screen when the restore app completes moving the windows.

Cheers,

James.