Sign in to follow this  
Colin

Error codes

Colin

Well, I'm worried my newly acquired MCP might be toast.?? The speed window shows ERR,? the heading window shows 001, the VS Speed window shows 5n or Sn, and the altitude window shows 0009.

Anyone have any experience with this?

I have this hearbreaking feeling my $300 is down the drain....

Thanks.

Colin

Lefteris Kalamaras

Hmmm...

sounds like a firmware issue. Can you find one from somewhere? If not, I'll try to see if I can dig one up...

Colin

I've searched on the internet high and low - only the interface software on the PMDG site (which is called firmware, but I does not seem to be the coding for the chips inside the box) comes up, and I don't think its the right one. The mcp had version 1.4 installed - it kept asking me if I wanted to update to a higher version. So there must be versions out there.

Thanks Lefteris.

Lefteris Kalamaras

Colin-

I'm sending you private email.

Colin

I think its toast. The installer for the firmware can't find a serial number. I tried using the com port instead of the usb - it found the firmware version on the MCP, but still no serial number. No serial number no re-install of the software...

Lefteris Kalamaras

If you can't figure it out - I am sure Andrew McLean will answer email through his MegaScenery address / web site?

Colin

Success!

Turns out that the symbol in the vertical speed window which looked like 5n is actually SN as in serial number - and the number in the altitude window is the actual serial number. Reinstalled the firmware by inputting the serial number manually from the menu (thanks Lefteris - the file sent to me by Andrew didn't work, yours did) and I'm back in the left hand seat of my trusty 767.

Thanks for all of your help.

Colin

Lefteris Kalamaras

Colin-

great to hear! Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Rolf1

Yassou Lefteris!

Glad to read something about the MCP Aerosoft, I bought it from Andrew several years ago. It works fine until yesterday, no lights, no LED'S illuminated. I think its' a electrical problem, the cable is oK- 5V are available. Have you the e-mail-adress from Andrew in Australia, may be that he has a tipp for me. If needed for anyone: I have the latest Firmware and Software .

If not, have you a advice for me??

Efcharisto poly

regards from germany

Rolf

Lefteris Kalamaras

Hello Rolf-

I think you could contact Andrew through PCAviator and his MegaScenery products... I don't have his direct email address any more, unfortunately.

Rolf1

Thank you Lefteris,

I was searching but i can't find a adress from his company in all the pages.

regards

Rolf

Climb1

Hi guys. Im new to the forum. :-)

Sorry for bringing up an old thread. I wonder if anybody here can help me or point me in the right direction.

Unfortunately after a local power failure at home during one of my flights, my Aerosoft 747MCP is suffering from the same symptoms as Colin stated above.

MCP unresponsive. Windows displaying Err 001 and my SN.

The only difference with my problem is that the MCP is being used on FS9 (I am fully set up with FS9 but planning on slowly setting up FSX with my new system later on)

I really am at a loss here. Ive had my MCP since 2003 and not had a problem at all since until the other day. Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Wayne

Lefteris Kalamaras

Wayne-

this is most likely a firmware loss issue (perhaps an erasure of the firmware?).

See if you can't find the firmware for the unit from Andrew - if not, I will look for it, but no promises.

Climb1

Hi Lefteris. Many thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately I have not been in contact with Andrew Mclean since just after I purchased the MCP. Does anybody have an email I could contact him on?

Thanks again for your help.

Wayne

Lefteris Kalamaras

Wayne-

I don't have his contact details any more. Could you check with the MegaScenery team? I recall he was involved in that... (PCAviator etc.)

Climb1

Ahh sure. I didnt realise he was there! Ill give it a shot.

Fingers crossed as im desperate to get this up and running again. :-(

Thanks

Wayne

Climb1

Hi.

Just a late update. Im glad to say that I managed to get in touch with Andrew Mclean and he was very helpful as always. The 747MCP is back up and running and is in fact working better than ever.

Thanks again for your help. Now its time to finally upgrade to FSX. :-)

Lefteris Kalamaras

Great news!

Good to know you could reach Andrew- if you want (and he has no objection), please post his current contact details, so others can find him if they need help/support with the hardware...

vr2radio

Hi All,

My poor MCP747 recently experienced a similar error of "Err 001 Sn 000xx" at power up which could be related to a firmware issue as this thread suggested. Hence, I'm wondering if somebody like "Colin" or anyone else can help me to fix that problem too.

Meanwhile, I have sent out an email to general inquiry of Aerosoft Australia and asking if Andrew is still there or whoever is willing to help. Alternatively, if someone could share Andrew's email address to me so that I can reach Andrew directly for his assistance and resolve the issue.

Many thanks in advance,

William