Flight Planning For Online Flights

Herby Gore

Herby Gore

Hi,

I have a few questions regarding the informations that I have to put in the flight plan before sending it to VATSIM controlers.

First, what is the correct equipment code for Concorde? Which line should I select in the squawkbox drop down menu? I think it's /I but not sure. What does it change exactly for the controler?

For the SID and STAR, should I always explain to the controler that Concorde cannot fly as slowly as other AC and that I need higher speed restrictions or can I just ignore the speed restrictions as indicated in the charts? And by the way, what are the minimum speeds for Concorde in the SID and STAR? For the initial climb, I think it is 250kts and for the approach, it may be Vref + something, right?

Same kind of question for the speed indication in the route: I understand what means C/UPGAS/M200F450F600. But in an indication like N0560F290, I don't clearly understand the number after the N. I know that it is the speed in kts but which speed? IAS, TAS, GS? And how can I know this number?

For those who are passing by, I just found a website explaining in details the meanings of the figures added to a flight plan: http://www.bleedair.de/the-flight-plan-format.html

Kyprianos Biris

Hi,

I have a few questions regarding the informations that I have to put in the flight plan before sending it to VATSIM controlers.

First, what is the correct equipment code for Concorde? Which line should I select in the squawkbox drop down menu? I think it's /I but not sure. What does it change exactly for the controler?

For the SID and STAR, should I always explain to the controler that Concorde cannot fly as slowly as other AC and that I need higher speed restrictions or can I just ignore the speed restrictions as indicated in the charts? And by the way, what are the minimum speeds for Concorde in the SID and STAR? For the initial climb, I think it is 250kts and for the approach, it may be Vref + something, right?

Same kind of question for the speed indication in the route: I understand what means C/UPGAS/M200F450F600. But in an indication like N0560F290, I don't clearly understand the number after the N. I know that it is the speed in kts but which speed? IAS, TAS, GS? And how can I know this number?

For those who are passing by, I just found a website explaining in details the meanings of the figures added to a flight plan: http://www.bleedair....lan-format.html

In vatsim I always enter aircraft type as T/CONC/I.

T for TCAS and I for INS.

The prefix T is not like in the real flight plans where its included in the equipment codes which are not a single letter.

For cruising level and speed I file N1150 and F600 the max I will reach.

I don't insert intermediate stages speeds and crossing altitudes because I know the radars used do not recognize UPGAS if you file it as C/UPGAS/M200F450F600 which means that after UPGAS you initiate a step climb for (eventually) reaching Mach 2 cruise climbing between FL450 and FL600.

N is for expected KNOTS of CRUISING AIRSPEED which I believe is the expected ground speed. Normally it is affected by wind but I believe pilots enter the aircraft's expected TRUE air speed there (in knots) at the cruising FL.

Ramón Cutanda

Real Concorde Flight plans had this equipment, so that's what I would use:

H-SRWXY/C

H: Heavy

/

S: Standard Equipment composed of VHF RTF, VOR and ILS, unless another combination is prescribed by the appropriate ATS authority.

R: RNAV (RNP/RNPC) -> Performance-based navigation

W: RVSM -> Reduced vertical separation minima

X: MNPS -> Minimum Navigation Performance Specification

Y: CMNPS -> Canadian Minimum Navigation Performance Specifications: Indicates 8.33 kHz radio band spacing (a requirement above FL190)

/

C: Transponder - mode A - 4096 code's and mode C

NOTE: According to IVAO rules, "pilots must ensure their TCAS on IVAP is on mode C when flying at IVAOCN’s airspaces". So saying Concorde is equipped with Transponder mode C I think it can be asumed that it includes TCAS. Nevertheless, Concorde flight plans included the following remark:

/RMK TCAS EQUIPPED

Bests,

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I know that topic is old but I take the opportunity to ask a question here about equipement.

Why don't we file as SDFHIRWXY:

> D: DME - Isn't she equipped with DME?

> F: ADF - Same?

> I: INS - 3 INS on board so why not in the fly plan?

> H: HF/RTF: For transoceanic flight HF is compulsory, I think?

I guess that I misunderstand the way to specify equipement or which to file or not?

Thanks for your answers.