Fslabs A330? Would Be Much Appreciated Of All Airbus Fans Out There.

Sebastian Andersson

Andrew and Lefteris have both said they see no reason not to, as their underlying frameworks would enable them to do it. We'll have to wait and see after the A320-X family is completed :)

I love the A330 and i really hope (and believe) they do it, but i think we'll have to wait a lot since they'll release separately each of the A320 family member (i think they've confirmed the others will be produced), so we must be patient

We MUST, francisco2! However, I am pretty sure that the A32X will be released in the next couple of months. And as the A320 and A330 are quite similar, I think that the development of an A330 won't take so much time as the development of the A320.

Kind Regards,

skysurfer253

• 1 month later...
Karl Brooker

I have no doubt FSL A330 will outshine anything else...but only when the time comes. Instead, let's focus our excitement back on the A320 :)

• 3 months later...

I'm really really looking forward to the families! My hope is that FSLabs also think about doing the A340 (200/300, 500/600) too along with the A318. maybe and A380 snuck in there too. I think with the airbus fleets cockpits being so similar (not flight dynamics) that it's a great opportunity for them AND us :) . I can't wait for what the future holds and hopefully in the not too distant future we will have the most realistic airbus fleet ever produced for FSX!

My opinion is once the A-320 is ready the rest of the family excluding the A-340 will fall into line much easier. What I mean is once the main systems that drives the A-320 are complete or finalized Beta testing the same main computer system that drives the A-320 will drive the A-320 and A-330 family. Most of the work needed will be refiguring performance, engine type and weight of each family introduced. Not to mention the aesthetics of each type of aircraft. Then again I’m not a programmer so I could stand corrected.

Until the big news is released the Concorde X still has me addicted to shorter times behind the left seat. Then again with a long haul Airbus at least after take off and before landing I will have time to do yard work and my wife’s list of to do keeping everything in balance. ;)

Antonio Barcelo Mestre

Hopefully,once ALL the A320 family has been released,thus including 319,321, the A330 would be the logical sequence in order to have an accurate long hauler.But, after that......like I requested to Lefteris some time ago a state of the art A310/200/300 would be awesome like a médium vintage airliner. So,in about 4 to 5 years the development of the A350 would be great !

• 11 months later...
Karl Brooker

I Recently flew with Philippine Airlines from Manila to Sydney in their A343. I can confirm that the climb performance in that thing is AWFUL :)

Yea I flew Finnair A343 from Helsinki to Kansai and it was similarly rubbish. Quite slow too.

Arto E.P. Karhu

Yea I flew Finnair A343 from Helsinki to Kansai and it was similarly rubbish. Quite slow too.

The Quad has about similar thrust, a bit lower even, to that the A330 has, but it is over 30 tonnes heavier at maximum take-off mass. That explains the lack of performance, but also why it is used on the longer routes, especially the ones that carry much of cargo too. It is kind of interim solution for Finnair until the A350ies arrive, hopefully making up that bit of lack in payload+range of A330. Some of Finnair's A340ies are used, which shows up in many things. The OH-LQA, MSN 58, is also one of the oldest around, though the ex-Air France jets, that is, LQF and LQG, seem to be even more rubbish technically.

-Esa

Lawrence Ashworth

The Quad has about similar thrust, a bit lower even, to that the A330 has, but it is over 30 tonnes heavier at maximum take-off mass. That explains the lack of performance, but also why it is used on the longer routes, especially the ones that carry much of cargo too. It is kind of interim solution for Finnair until the A350ies arrive, hopefully making up that bit of lack in payload+range of A330. Some of Finnair's A340ies are used, which shows up in many things. The OH-LQA, MSN 58, is also one of the oldest around, though the ex-Air France jets, that is, LQF and LQG, seem to be even more rubbish technically.

-Esa

The 340 was very much undersold but many thought there would be another engine option besides the CFM which did the job but they effectively limited performance. The -300 was heavily performance limited in places like Dubai where huge customers like Emirates are based. Ultimately it is superior products that slowly killed the 340 and even it's potential for a NEO/redesign, Airbus have quietly killed the A340 line for one reason really and that is the product just wasn't good enough. The 500/600 derivative was seen as a competitor to the 777 and potential 744 replacement but the 77W was in so many ways so much better. It offered comparable MTOW, range and better cargo capability but crucially it had half the amount of engines and therefore half the fuel burn.

Arto E.P. Karhu

ashy,

Based on nothing, I would say that the main reason Finnair uses A340ies as an interim is that they got them basically for the price of carrying them away. :) Also, they allow the same flight crews to fly them and are technically quite similar to A330ies - important considerations when used as temporary solutions.

And yes, overall the 777, especially the -300ER, probably is the best widebody there currently is if you can fill it. If you can't, then it seems to be the A330-300's market, though at least the standard weight variants are somewhat range-payload limited in some cases.

-Esa