Concorde Performance System: Calculations For Any Route

Ramón Cutanda

Hi, Kerlix

Ok, I don't know the weather files format with OPUS.

Could you send me some examples.

So I may be add it to WX source if not too complex.

BestRegards

I believe I found the Opus Weather file, but am unsure of how to attach it to either a post or a PM. Would anyone be kind enough to instruct me how to do this?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pierre Chassang

• Ray Proudfoot

• Ramón Cutanda

• Steve Prowse

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello Captains, Please have a lokk here:

Dear Captains, Next Wednesday I will meet an ex-Concorde real life pilot. I will discuss with her of several Concorde X vs real aircraft differences. During development, she already

Concorde Performance System X: http://concordeperformancesystem.org/   Concorde Performance System X (referred to as CPS-X hereafter) is a standalone utility which can be used with SS

Posted Images

Jean L. Leborne

This post is intended to CPS v 2.0.0.14 users who are running an English version of FSX Gold Edition (or equivalent) with a non-English version of Windows 7-64 (french or german or spanish or italian, etc..)

Have you ever experimented the issue I have : CPS that is not showing up in the FSX add-ons menu ?

Craig Udseth

@ ontheair:

I have an English version of Vista 64 with FSX Gold SP2 and I have been installing each upgrade of CPS until very recently and have NEVER seen any add-on entries for CPS in my FSX menu. I only see the CPS in the fuel and load modules of ConcordeX. I know that Pierre had mentioned a fuel-management graph that would be available through FSX but I was not aware that it yet had been implemented. Nothing on his website detailing his changes mentions it. I notice that you have posted the problem twice now and have had no response from Pierre in this forum.

If indeed it has been implemented then I, too, share your concern as to why we can not access it. I will continue to monitor this forum in hopes that Pierre will further address the issue for all of us.

Pierre Chassang

Hi Gents,

Some of you have a problem with CPS menus in FSX.

The menus have been implemented for FSX as well than for FS9.

I'm working to find a fix for that issue.

Best Regards

Romain Roux

Hi,

Good news! Unfortunately, I'm away from home for the next 6 weeks for work. I won't be able to test it and take advantages of the improvements before I'm back home.

As my work doesn't leave me much free time, I will seldom be on the forum.

See you later!

Mark Wolpert

I have the most up to date version 2.0.016 and tried to import a *.pln route that was made by FSBuild. The waypoints that were lat/lon co-ordinates did not work and I received the message "Waypoint 14N112E is not ICAO approved, please find 5 leter name" (or something similar to this warning). I could not import the route. Please note that using the CIVA converter program I was able to make cards. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Pierre Chassang

Hi Mark,

This not a bug, and you didn't something wrong.

ICAO doesn't accept waypoints with more than 5 letters/digits name.

So you can easily correct this renaming the concerned waypoints with 5 letters/digits name in the .pln file. (like 14E12)

Then delete the "S-" prefix of the route and delete the ADEU files already created.

Add again the route in CPS once done.

I will create a feature which allow to do that automatically in a future version.

Best Regards

Pierre

Pierre, I am having issues with planning routes for the renamed airports in South Africa. The program shows the routes and creates the ADEU cards but I cannot plan fuel as the destination tab will not show the destination and will not allow me to enter it..

Mark Wolpert
Hi Mark,

This not a bug, and you didn't something wrong.

ICAO doesn't accept waypoints with more than 5 letters/digits name.

So you can easily correct this renaming the concerned waypoints with 5 letters/digits name in the .pln file. (like 14E12)

Then delete the "S-" prefix of the route and delete the ADEU files already created.

Add again the route in CPS once done.

I will create a feature which allow to do that automatically in a future version.

Best Regards

Pierre

Thanks Pierre. I edited the plan file today and it worked.

Pierre Chassang

Hello Xtrema,

There is no bug or wrong action from you.

CPS use the new ICAO code for Johannesburg which is now FAOR.

Unfortunately, FSX keep the old name.

Just try with FAOR, all should work well.

Best Regards

Mark Wolpert

New Issue now with CPS (2.0.0.16). All of my .PLN routes are giving me an error "Invalid Filename %s". This is during the add route process. Interestingly it does draw the route on the map but no CIVA files and distance of Zero ?

Also, I have noticed since I started using CPS that the M/CG light is on even though the CG is always between the limits. I am wondering if somehow the changes written to the aircraft.cfg file are giving a false reading? Any ideas on this issue?

thanks,

Pierre Chassang

Hi Mark,

Could you copy and paste the .pln file here on the forum.

So I could see what happens.

CPS doesn't write any thing in aircraft.cfg

It only transmit data to the FSLabs loader through the XML fuel an load profile files. Then the loader may write in aircraft.cfg

Cheers

Mark Wolpert

The .pln file is the just one that I downloaded from Paul's website. I have been using these many times with CPS with no problems. Here is the specific plan.

[flightplan]

AppVersion=9.0.30612

title=CYVR to PHKO-1

description=CYVR, PHKO

type=IFR

routetype=1

cruising_altitude=55000

departure_id=CYVR, N49* 11.70', W123* 10.92', +000013.12

departure_position=26

destination_id=PHKO, N19* 44.33', W156* 2.74', +000045.93

departure_name=Vancouver Intl

destination_name=Kona Intl At Keahole

waypoint.0= , CYVR, , CYVR, A, N49* 11.70', W123* 10.92', +000013.12,

waypoint.1= , YVR, , YVR, V, N49* 4.63', W123* 8.95', +000000.00,

waypoint.2= , CASDY, , CASDY, I, N49* 4.40', W123* 58.70', +000000.00,

waypoint.3= , TOU, , TOU, V, N48* 17.99', W124* 37.62', +000000.00,

waypoint.4= , ZANNG, , ZANNG, I, N44* 5.60', W129* 58.70', +000000.00,

waypoint.5= , ZEFER, , ZEFER, I, N41* 51.73', W134* 28.60', +000000.00,

waypoint.6= , ZIBUD, , ZIBUD, I, N38* 37.82', W140* 0.00', +000000.00,

waypoint.7= , ZINNO, , ZINNO, I, N35* 0.00', W145* 14.53', +000000.00,

waypoint.8= , ZAALE, , ZAALE, I, N31* 11.21', W150* 0.00', +000000.00,

waypoint.9= , Fix01, , Fix01, I, N26* 0.00', W152* 0.00', +000000.00,

waypoint.10= , CLURE, , CLURE, I, N23* 55.00', W153* 8.20', +000000.00,

waypoint.11= , CLUTS, , CLUTS, I, N23* 0.20', W154* 39.29', +000000.00,

waypoint.12= , BARBY, , BARBY, I, N20* 51.66', W155* 58.79', +000000.00,

waypoint.13= , ALONE, , ALONE, I, N20* 21.40', W155* 59.93', +000000.00,

waypoint.14= , KAYLI, , KAYLI, I, N20* 11.94', W156* 0.28', +000000.00,

waypoint.15= , CAARL, , CAARL, I, N20* 0.12', W156* 1.33', +000000.00,

waypoint.16= , VECKI, , VECKI, I, N19* 54.76', W156* 1.81', +000000.00,

waypoint.17= , PHKO, , PHKO, A, N19* 44.33', W156* 2.74', +000045.93,

Pierre Chassang

Hello Mark,

I've just copy and paste your FP and insert it in my own folder.

Then I've processed the ADD ROUTE followed by "Load". (Version 2.0.0.16)

I had no issue.

r4m0.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Could you please detail your procedure to add this route?

Cheers

Pierre

Mark Wolpert

1) Enter Departure as CYVR.

2) Click on Route

3) Click on Add Route

4) Find this .pln file

then I get the error. Maybe I should reinstall the program fresh and see what happens?

Pierre Chassang

Are you sure you don't have ADEU files for this route in right folder?

I so, Please delete them, delete the "S-" prefix of pln file then try again to add route.

Cheers

Hello Xtrema,

There is no bug or wrong action from you.

CPS use the new ICAO code for Johannesburg which is now FAOR.

Unfortunately, FSX keep the old name.

Just try with FAOR, all should work well.

Best Regards

Thanks Pierre.

I use Flightsim Commander which also uses the old name.

In FSC i save the file as a .pln file and have tried altering every reference in the file from FAJS to FAOR. CPS recognises the route but i still have nothing in the destination tab.

Maybe i'm missing something?

Hi Pierre.

I got the file, update FSC database, now FAOR appears as an airport in FSC.

However; When i save the file and run in CPS, i have the same issue.

The program loads the FVHAFAOR.pln and CPS shows the route and creates the ADEU cards. When i go to the arrival/alternate tab all the fields are still blank and i am unable to populate them.

I have never had this problem with other flight plans in CPS.

Pierre Chassang

Hi Xtrema,

I've modified the fp like this.

Edit the pln file with Notepad.

Select Edit menu then replace.

Type "FAJS" in search field and "FAOR" in Replace field.

Click "Replace all".

Save the pln file.

Delete the "S-" prefix then do again ADD ROUTE procedure.

All should work well as for me.

Cheers

Pierre

Bonjour Pierre,

I sent a message to you via CPS@bbox.fr about a problem that I encountered similar to Mark’s recent issue. I was unable to get through via the above address. Is their a better address to send my information to you for review? I followed both Mark's and your suggestions and was unsuccessful.

Merci beaucoup,

Rob

My apologies Pierre,

I left out the ((support).cps@bbox.fr )from the e-mail address. Please disregard my above message.

I've sent you the flight plan and screen captures of the messages given by CPS.

• 3 weeks later...
Derek Struye

I get 'invalid file name %-s' errors from freshly made FSX pln files. I've deleted all old S- files in my Documents folder. I've uninstalled CPS then reinstalled. Help please. Does CPS hide some files that won't uninstall causing this issue yet?

Edit: NM, solved my problem. Seems the installer is not as smart as the addons I'm use to as it did not autodetect the proper FSX installed directory. Once I set the FSX directory properly in the config area, everything works fine.

• 1 month later...

Problemsignatur:
Problemereignisname: APPCRASH
Anwendungsname: CPS.EXE
Anwendungsversion: 2.1.3.0
Anwendungszeitstempel: 52542c9a
Fehlermodulname: KERNELBASE.dll
Fehlermodulversion: 6.1.7601.17651
Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 4e211319
Ausnahmecode: 0eedfade
Ausnahmeoffset: 0000b9bc
Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
Zusatzinformation 1: ae99
Zusatzinformation 2: ae99db4631978b115f52342af4930351
Zusatzinformation 3: bf78
Zusatzinformation 4: bf78a07e868d4a5b6de840ac3fbbdd14

Lesen Sie unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0407

Wenn die Onlinedatenschutzbestimmungen nicht verfügbar sind, lesen Sie unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen offline:
C:\Windows\system32\de-DE\erofflps.txt

:unsure:

Adobe Reader problem

i have it sorry :P

Pedro Bascones

Hi Pierre, being a veteran pilot of the concorde, i only can say that your program is more than fabulous. Simply amazing. I can´t tell you how many hours i´ve spent in my planning trying to figure the amount of fuel necesary for a certain subsonic trip. I even made a home ruler found in some french manual to calculate that, because i know how difficult is to understand those tables and put all this data toghether for us and free is as i said symply amazing. My admiration to you for it.

Said that i´ll tell you that i have an error when i try to open the sheet of fuel management from inside flight simulator. If i close the simulator and click on the CFM:EXE it opens ok, and i can input data and the curves are drawn but with the simulator open i get this:

Hope you can help me because i love this part
Kind Regards
Pedro
Pierre Chassang

Hello Pedro,

First, thanks you so much for the kind words.

Concerning the inflight fuel manager, It has sense as its name indicates, in flight in othe words, with FSX working.

To using this tool correctly, you have to compute a flight in CPS, then, when the report is displayed you need to click EXPORT DATA TO CONCORDE.
You can now print the report with a virtual pdf printer to save paper and optionally save the flight for a next use.

When done you have to close CPS to send data to FSX/9.

Launch FSX, go for the ride, and, when a little before passing the first supersonic M2.0 waypoint, launch CFM with the FSX menu, select this waypiont in the list, Type FOB passing the waypoint and the passing time.

The curves will be plotted.

A last thing, this tool is only useful for supersonic flight. It has no utility in subsonic flight.

Hope this help

Best Regards

Pierre

Pedro Bascones

Thank you very much for your support Pierre.

I think that what happened was that i was using CPS in another computer via network. The program didn´t let me to install in a diferent computer using the network even if i have the server computer with FSX on, like a disk added in the client, because it can´t find the dll.xml. So i installed in the server where FSX is running and copied the CPS folder to the client computer, then everething works ok except the FUEL MANAGMENT SHEET. Today i did the planning in the server (where FSX is) and it works ok.

So my question is there any way to install the program in a client and get everithing working.

Sorry for my english i hope you can understand what i´m trying to say, if not feel free to ask me whatever you need.

Regards

Pedro

Pierre Chassang

Hello Pedro,

Your request is perfectly clear. (English is not my native language too. ;) ).
Until now, CPS doesn't work on a network. It must be installed on the same computer than FSX.

I'm actually looking for a solution to this problem, unsuccessfully today.

Sorry for desagrement.

Best Regards

Pierre

Pedro Bascones

Thanks Pierre, i was confused about some post here talking of running CPS on a network. Your answer leave it clear now. Anyway is not a major issue since you have to close CPS before running FSX. And i can see the PDFs generated in the other computer. Thanks again for your support.

And as always another question. Could it be possible for CPS to "send" the values for setup the plane (ASI bugs, TLA, etc..) just as the FSLabs Performance Calculator does? I know it´s not a huge work to set up all those values but would be great if your program does it and we just have to check that everithing is ok "sent". I´m sure you have thought about it already so there must be some reason why it doesn´t do it. :rolleyes:

Kind regards

Pedro

Pierre Chassang

Hola Pedro,

For now, no more data can be sent to Concorde X, because FSLabs limitations.
I've discussed with Andrew who prepare a Concorde X SP3 for after the Airbus X Release.

This SP will allow me to implement complete data export to Concorde X.

Just look foward dear Pedro. ;)

Saludos

Pierre

Pedro Bascones

Hola Pedro,

For now, no more data can be sent to Concorde X, because FSLabs limitations.

I've discussed with Andrew who prepare a Concorde X SP3 for after the Airbus X Release.

This SP will allow me to implement complete data export to Concorde X.

Just look foward dear Pedro. ;)

Saludos

Pierre

Guauuu :blink: , those are great news, thanks Pierre.