Concorde Performance System: Calculations For Any Route

Pierre Chassang

Dear Tigerhawk,

Bug fixed in 1.9.0.0

Cheers

Pierre

Tigerhawk

Thanks Pierre,

As luck would have it, neither of the 2 flights I've processed have come up with a whole number for P7 or FF, so I can't confirm it's working ok for me!

I'll keep you informed,

Cheers

Dave

Pierre Chassang

Hi Dave,

Ok, please tell me if the bug is still there. But it shouldn't.(After several tests).

Thanks

Best Regards

Ben Griffiths

I've only just been told about this addon - it looks great.

But I'm having problems loading a route. I'm using FS9 on Windows XP. My flight plans are named KJFK-EGLL.PLN and CPS is pointed at D:\Documents and Settings\Ben\My Documents\Flight Simulator Files - but the CPS "Open" dialog box isn't showing up any flight plans.

?

Pierre Chassang

Hello Ben,

First did you follow the Add route procedure before loading it.

If so, you should read in your "D:\Documents and Settings\Ben\My Documents\Flight Simulator Files" a file named "S-KJFK-EGLL.pln".

If not, you didn't followed the Add route procedure then please read manual.

Looking forward.

Best Regards

Derek Struye

This maybe a dumb question but what does VLA and VTT stand for? I'm guessing they are french acronyms?

Best I can figure is VLA in french is same as Vref in english = Landing reference speed or threshold crossing speed.

VTT I'm having a hard time finding out. Nothing is listed here.

So what is VTT?

And I see the pdf also lists VTTmax??

Pierre Chassang

Hello VeryBumpy,

You're right, VLA is something equivalent at Vref when aircraft landing. But It is too the lower speed at which it can fly in other flight phase.

VTT is threshold crossing speed.

VTT max is the the max speed over threshold to reach the aiming zone.

Hope this help.

Best Regards

Mark Wolpert

I would like to request a few features that I think would enhance the CPS program. As it stands the CPS program is a fantastic tool, these suggestions are really just icing on the cake.

1) Would be good to have CPS add the route name to the PDF file that is created for the route. I only suggest this because I am currently flying the 1989 RTW routes and all of these PDF's with the same name are being saved a folder on my computer and its becomes difficult to differentiate between them.

2) Is there a way to have CPS remember your cabin load. Again for the RTW tours I am using 80 pax and 11 crew but have to enter it all over and over for each flight when it is just the same numbers for the entire circuit.

thanks for considering these suggestions,

David Barnett

Hi Mark767. Have you gone into the configuration manager. You can set a default load for your flights. Ie crew and pax. Hope this helps. David

Pierre Chassang

Hello Gents,

Excellent answer David.

I couldn't do a better.

Best Regards

Mark Wolpert

Where is the CPS configuration manager?

Pierre Chassang

Hi Mark,

It is the othr name of the control panel.

Cheers

Pierre

Semafoor

I want to fly EGLL - MYNN but when I load the route it says that its over the max. But it is flown in real world.

I already changed the default load etc.

Any fix?

Mark Wolpert

Thanks. All figured out now.

Pierre Chassang

1) Would be good to have CPS add the route name to the PDF file that is created for the route. I only suggest this because I am currently flying the 1989 RTW routes and all of these PDF's with the same name are being saved a folder on my computer and its becomes difficult to differentiate between them.

Hi Mark

Sorry for late reply, I was busy with V2.0 changes and PNR/STD 3 test flights.

Your suggestion seems very good,but which PDF file is it?

Thanks

Best Regards

Tigerhawk

Pierre,

When trying to add routes I keep getting "invalid filename %s."

I notice from an earlier post that someone else had the same problem. It was solved, but the solution was not given on the forum.

Can you help?

PS - still not had a P7 of FF ending in .0!

Grex

Hi! Open CPS.cfg file in CPS folder and add in FSX= your FSX root folder, f.eg. FSX=G://FSX. I'm sure You have only FSX= [blank].

Cheers!

Pierre Chassang

I want to fly EGLL - MYNN but when I load the route it says that its over the max. But it is flown in real world.

I already changed the default load etc.

Hello Semafoor,

I'm sorry for late reply.

Could you please send me the .pln concerned.

Cheers

Pierre Chassang

Hi,

Is this route historical or did you rebuild it?

Because it seems there is a 1128NM leg which was unrealistic in Concorde real route

I continue to investigate

Cheers

Pierre Chassang

Dear Semafoor,

I've increased the max range in next version to 3900NM

Take care with that flight which was flown near the Concorde World Record distance.

It can be performed with low load and favorable WX

I've sucessfully load this route with ISA deviation lower the 0°C

And average max headwind about -15 kt.

With these settings I must load 95.3 tons (0.2tons lower max )

Hope this help

Cheers

Tigerhawk

Grex,

If that reply is aimed at my "invalid filename" problem, then I'm afraid I don't have FSX, only FS9.

Thanks anyway

Dave

Pierre Chassang

Hello Dave,

Sorry for late reply.

Could you send me the .pln which causes this message please?

Or open it with not pad and looking if it is an XML file or not.

If so, the pln is only for FSX.

Cheers

Pierre

Tigerhawk

Hi Pierre,

The plans are all from the same site mentioned above by Semafoor. If I save them as, for example(FAOR-FACT), Open CPS and load any saved flight before changing the departure airport the problem doesn't seem to occur every time, though it has occasionally! I notice that CPS changes the arrival airport in the pln file on line 3 "title" to FAOR to FACT1, is this correct?

Dave

Pierre Chassang

Hi Dave,

If plans are in plain text format they must work with both FS9 and FSX.

The "1" added in pln title is used by CPS to distinguish if more than one route exist for those departure-destination.

So it can create ADEU files for each. Otherwise CPS could use a wrong ADEU files with the same name.

You must not change departure airport after loading a route.

First select departure, THEN load or add route.

Hope this help

Cheers

Mark Wolpert

Hi Mark

Sorry for late reply, I was busy with V2.0 changes and PNR/STD 3 test flights.

Your suggestion seems very good,but which PDF file is it?

Thanks

Best Regards

I am talking about the PDF file at the end of the process where you print out or print to PDF the CPS package.

Pierre Chassang

Hi Mark,

I have improved this point in version 2.0.0 from which the flight package will be named <Departure ICAO - Destination ICAO Date>.

Thanks for suggestion.

Cheers

Derek Struye

This program baffles me some times.

What EXACTLY does this takeoff prohibited error mean? 165.5 what? Thank you, see 2 pics.

jhwuYtvcn42IG.jpg

jbg6NAVwRiKrqe.jpg

Eastern

Very Bumpy

By previewing your illustrations you have a tail wind that would require more length of runway 06 to be used. Based on your performance recommendation by CPS your aircraft can depart YQB. If you plan a departure using runway 24 or 240 degrees this would most likely resolve the take-off issue based on wind of 230/19kt. I hope this helps

Derek Struye

Very Bumpy

By previewing your illustrations you have a tail wind that would require more length of runway 06 to be used. Based on your performance recommendation by CPS your aircraft can depart YQB. If you plan a departure using runway 24 or 240 degrees this would most likely resolve the take-off issue based on wind of 230/19kt. I hope this helps

Still get same msg but different value. I tried setting the wind to 0 (not shown in pic) and still get TO prohibit.

Edit: btw, the flight I'm trying to enter is CYQB to LIMC with 80pax no alternate airport

jggM0dsazbmVz.jpg

Eastern

Sorry I presumed wind was the cause of the error message. Have you tried departing CYUL-LIMC RWY 06L-24R to see if the message appears? If it does not the runway at CYQB might not be long enough to depart with Concorde with the planned weight to LIMC. Perhaps Ramon or Pierre might be able to analyze the error and provide a solution.

I typically fly the Concorde between KJFK-KLAS / KJFK-KLAX / KLAX-PHNL / KJFK-LFPG / TBPB-KMIA / TBPB-KJFK. The shortest runway I have encountered is TBPB at 11,000 feet.

Derek Struye

Well thanks for trying to help. The vague error msg isn't too helpful in telling us what the exact issue is.

Jean L. Leborne

[...] The vague error msg isn't too helpful in telling us what the exact issue is.

The error message you're talking about is not vague except for you : on your route (not provided) CYQB to LIMC/80pax/no alternate (great circle dist 3176 Nm), your current t/o weight (not provided) exceeds 166.4T =166400 kg which is the max allowed t/o weight from rwy 24

It might be due to your choice of the no alternate proc.

Extract from the CPS english manual "The choice of an alternate is normally required for Concorde except in the case of a flight to an isolated airport (Island). In this situation, the alternate may be omitted. However the holding-fuel calculation will be increased by an amount of fuel that would have been sufficient to reach an alternate located at 260 Nm from the destination"

Derek Struye

[...] The vague error msg isn't too helpful in telling us what the exact issue is.

The error message you're talking about is not vague except for you : on your route (not provided) CYQB to LIMC/80pax/no alternate (great circle dist 3176 Nm), your current t/o weight (not provided) exceeds 166.4T =166400 kg which is the max allowed t/o weight from rwy 24

It might be due to your choice of the no alternate proc.

It is very vague. No where can I find a 166.4 value in this program to help explain the error. No info in the pdf manual either where the number comes from or what its for. Not to mention the T is omitted (signifying Ton weight, thank you); not that that would of help me figure out where the weight value is derived from.

I posted a pic with my TO weight. It clearly shows not exceeding the max..

I tried with and without alternate, made the error value go up slightly.

>your current t/o weight exceeds 166.4T =166400 kg which is the max allowed t/o weight from rwy 24

Ah, an answer at last to the mystery number but how you know this I'll never know. Program secret?

Pierre Chassang

Hello Gents,

I see some users became very good suport :)

Thanks to them.

Well, as perfectly said Ontheair, the no alternate procedure is more fuel consumming and loadind than with an alternate selected.

The fist pic show a 15kt tail wind. wich is not compatible with Concorde take off at any weight (Max tail wind is 10 kt).

Normally a message telling the 10 kt tail wind is exceeded should have been displayed.

But as it is not the only cause of prohibited take off, may be the overweighted (for this runway) take off message was displayed instead.

So, try to select an alternate first and if the message still appears, you have to load a ligther aircraft.

I see too on your second pic, that you've planed to burn 1357 kg before take off of kerosen to set 53.5% TOCG.

I think it is not a good practice.

You should try first to set 54% TO CG and if not enough to obtain T9 to T11 transfer, to load the payload more forward (With ZFCG near forward limit) and plan a TOCG of 53.5% or 54% to obtain a T9 to T11 transfer as small as possible, but never a burn during taxi.

I know Concorde flight plannig is a complex task, but CPS, some gentle guys here and me are always ready to help you.

Hope everything will be good

One more tip: please read the manual.

Best Regards ;)

Alex Ridge

Hi there,

When I click download i think it says that there is a password error?

Kindest regards,

Alex

Pierre Chassang

Hello Alex,

Just trying the password for all three documents and they work.

Don't forget it is case sensitive.

Try with copy/paste the password on the blog.

Kind Regards

Craig Udseth

Hi Pierre!

Have enjoyed immensely using your product with ConcordeX. I still use v1.510 Beta that I installed last February because it has been working flawlessly so no need to upgrade. I did notice something today that had not come to my attention before nor has it been discussed in this forum: Choosing a "wet" runway vs a "dry" runway on the departure field page INCREASED V1 by 20K! It should be LOWER not HIGHER for wet takeoffs. Has this already been corrected in your more recent upgrades? If so then I will indeed upgrade, otherwise I am very content with my "older" version. Please advise.

Thank you,

Alex Ridge

Hello Alex,

Just trying the password for all three documents and they work.

Don't forget it is case sensitive.

Try with copy/paste the password on the blog.

Kind Regards

If i click on the link on page one, and use the password f-BTSD I get an error.

Pierre Chassang

Hello Gents,

@Craig: The latest version works well Wet runway V1 is less than Dry.

If i click on the link on page one, and use the password f-BTSD I get an error.

The password is f-btsd all lower case.

Best Regards

Craig Udseth

Hi Pierre!

Downloaded and installed v1.90 and now I have a new problem. When I load the route it does not display the log but shows the route in the map view. The distance shows to be "0" and the log portion of the page is blank. Any suggestions?

Mystery solved! I use Super Flight Planner to generate my routes and on this test route, I had neglected to select a departure gate / position when I saved the "pln" file. It was not necessary in the previous version of CPS so I usually skipped that step. Apparently it will be required with this new upgrade. I tried several other routes and sure enough, only the ones I had specified a departing position at the departure airport would load correctly in v1.90. My previous version worked either way. Thanks for such a fantastic program.

Edited by HiFly

Pierre Chassang

Dear Users,

The brand new CPS version 2.0 was launch. See blog.

Until now, only french manuals are published.

English versions will follow soon.

Enjoy!