Top Posters In This Topic

• Pierre Chassang

• Ray Proudfoot

• Ramón Cutanda

• Steve Prowse

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello Captains, Please have a lokk here:

Dear Captains, Next Wednesday I will meet an ex-Concorde real life pilot. I will discuss with her of several Concorde X vs real aircraft differences. During development, she already

Concorde Performance System X: http://concordeperformancesystem.org/   Concorde Performance System X (referred to as CPS-X hereafter) is a standalone utility which can be used with SS

Posted Images

Hi Pierre and FSLabs team !

I would like to clarify the load preset xml files.

Like I said in this topic : http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/4371-questions-about-the-load-presets/

The weights is the FSLabs presets are in LBS not in KG. CPS use weights in KG but I don't understand CPS.xml.

Please, see below an example :

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<Load><Name>CPS</Name><ZFW>92728</ZFW><ZFCG>51.72 </ZFCG><Payloadlbs>27002</Payloadlbs><CockpitCrew>5</CockpitCrew><CockpitKg>500</CockpitKg><CabinCrew>6</CabinCrew><CabinCrewKg>540</CabinCrewKg><PAXFWD>40</PAXFWD><PAXFWDKg>6800</PAXFWDKg><PAXAFT>60</PAXAFT><PAXAFTKg>10200</PAXAFTKg><LowerCargo>175</LowerCargo><LowerCargoKg>6099</LowerCargoKg><AftCargo>57</AftCargo><AftCargoKg>3483</AftCargoKg><Tank11>10500</Tank11></Load>

Merci beaucoup d'éclairer ma lanterne. :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Pierre Chassang

Hi FsLabs developers,

As you know, CPS has a growing sucess for Concorde X and SSTSIM users.

I have implemented a data export to SSTSIM which send all performances and settings to FS9, included noise reduction timer, TLA, V speeds, P7 and FT.

I would like to do the same with Concorde X, but I don't know the way to communicate these data to the aircraft.

Could you please tell me by PM if those informations are confidentials how to export all data to Concorde X For now, I just send load, CG, and fuel to FS.

Thanks for help

Best Regards

Pierre Chassang

Hi Stefan,

The unavailable RPC Server error could mean that a printer is not available to the computer. The Unavailable printer issue could be a software issue and it can be fixed in a straight-forward manner. Before changing settings of services in the software, you should check the hardware. If the printers are connected correctly, the RPC server problem can be solved in not one, but two different ways. It is possible to manipulate the Printer Spooler service as well as of the RPC to fix the issue. Follow the steps below carefully, to solve the unavailable RPC server error and start printing documents.

Solution 1:

• Go to Start / Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Services
  • Select "Print Spooler"
  • If it is listed as "paused", start it by double-clicking on "Print Spooler" and then click the "Start" button
  • Verify that the "startup type" is set to "automatic"

Solution 2:

• Click on Run in the Start menu and type:
    Services.msc
  • In the list, find "Remote Procedure Call (RPC)"
  • Clicking the right mouse button and choose "Properties"
  • Go to the tab "Recovery", and then sequentially in First Failure, Second Failure, etc. and select "Restart Service"
  • Validate the change by clicking OK

Hope this help.

Best Regards.

Ramón Cutanda

Hi Grex,

BEFORE you try to load a route you need to ADD that route. CPS will then rename the route adding the prefix "S-" and will create the ADEU cards for the INS system. Maybe you're trying to load a PLN plan without having added it or you have changed its name after CPS added the prefix?

Hi Ramon!

I've watched Your Youtube channel and I did it as You described it. I don't have any prefix S-.. :/ I tried to reinstall CPS, but nothing new. I have this error after clicking ADD Route.

CPS should be installed at the same partition as FSX.

My FSX is on G:

CPS G:

Flightplans C:

Mayby this causes that problem.

Pierre Chassang

Hi Semafoor,

Thanks for kind PS words.

The Flight report will change soon because the Fuel management Sheet will be accessible from FSX directly throught a FSX CPS menu.

So it no longer appears in CPS software.

You can print separately each document by right click on the page on which it appears.

In a future version, I'll implement a flight package page printed choice dialog.

Thanks for good idea and interest for CPS

Cheers

Ramón Cutanda

I love using pdfFactory. Not only for CPS, but also for printing charts with Navigraph or other applications. This virtual printer lets you create easily custom PDF with all the content that you want.

http://fineprint.com/pdf/

I use it so ofter that I've got the registered paid version but, as far as I remember, you can use it for free. The only catch is that all the PDFs will have a watermark; but that should not be a problem I think.

Bests,

Ramón Cutanda

Another two great virtual printers are Bullzip PDF and Cute PDF. Both are free and work perfectly. But I prefer pdfFactory over them because it allows you to select which pages you want to print. You can send documents from different applciations and, once you've sent everything you want, then you can actually create the PDF. For instance:

I send CPS report to pdfFactory. But usually, I only "print" the Takeoff, Landing and route pages removing all the others I won't use. Then I open Navigraph and send the charts that I need. That way I create a single PDF from many sources instead of having multiple files with pages I won't use.

Hope that helps.

Bests,

Mark Wolpert

Finally got the latest version working after I installed CPS in the FSX partiiton. I still have a question though about Activesky. Which file are you looking for, or do you just put in the default Activesky 2012 folder. I am using on a networked system which CPS looks like it can handle. Thanks for this program, excellent addition to our resources.

Ramón Cutanda

Which file are you looking for, or do you just put in the default Activesky 2012 folder.

Actually, you need one and one... You need the PATH for the application and the LOCATION OF THE WEATHER SNAPSHOT FILE (current_wx_snapshot.txt) See picture below.

Bests,

Active_Sky_CPS.png

Pierre Chassang

Hello Gents,

Perfect answer Ramon!

I have no reply from dev team concernig my last request.

Any of them could tell me If is it possible?

Thanks

Ramón Cutanda

Any of them could tell me If is it possible?

I would suggest to send them a private message. I've contacted Andrew Wilson several times over the time and I've always got a reply.

Bests,

Mark Wolpert

Actually, you need one and one... You need the PATH for the application and the LOCATION OF THE WEATHER SNAPSHOT FILE (current_wx_snapshot.txt) See picture below.

Bests,

Active_Sky_CPS.png

Thanks!

Milton Kuser

Is there a more current user manual than CPS Version 1.1.2.0? Thanks.

Pierre Chassang

Hello Gents,

I've sent a ticket to HifiSim requesting the addition of export average wind and temp from AS2012 flight plans gnerated to an external application like CPS.

They took this request in account and it will be discussed in a dev team meeting very soon.

This should allow me to add an auto import feature into CPS in the future...

Thanks To Damian and the Dev Team

Regards

Jean L. Leborne

Concerning AS2012, one of the best wx engine, it still suffers some imperfections :

- wind at high FLs close to FL600, are not well depicted . Below is a copy of Damian's answer about my ticket concerning this issue :

"Hi Jean, We are aware of an issue with FSUIPC and the "Wind Smoothing" option which prevents winds from being depicted above FL520. Peter Dowson (FSUIPC Author) has been made aware of this but he is on vacation at the moment. We hope to have him look at this very soon.Damian Clark

- the AS flight-plan feature does not take into account any subsonic step of a supersonic flight (departure and/or arrival) which means if you plan a flight with a targeted FL600 the wind and temp averages provided are globally wrong because they are calculated from the very beginning (depart a/d) to the end (arrival a/d) as if the flight was supersonic all the way long.

A nice AS improvement would be to add a new column "FL" in the imported FPL within AS, and to be able to edit it waypoint by waypoint to get the current wind and temp at the FL flown at each waypoint and to calculate averages for each one of the legs : subsonic and supersonic.

As this kind of improvement is Concorde specific I doubt it might be taken into consideration.

JL

Pierre Chassang

Hi Ontheair,

You are right on your last message.

So I suggest you send a ticket to HifiSim to request this FL column in FP.

It is not Concorde specific, because the actual FP takes in account only the highest FL for any aircraft.

Cheers

Pierre

Mark Wolpert

I find with AS2012 if you fly in DWC mode you end up flipping over, can only fly in smoothing mode with Concorde (all other suggested weather tweaks set)

Jean L. Leborne

I find with AS2012 if you fly in DWC mode you end up flipping over, can only fly in smoothing mode with Concorde (all other suggested weather tweaks set)

it may be right except when using a registered FSUIPC + recommended FSUIPC settings

Mark Wolpert

Does CPS actually provide the Tank 9 & 10 Load Level for Landing? I did not see it on the landing documents but perhaps I just missed it. I assume most are going for 3000 kgs in Tank 9 for landing

Pierre Chassang

Hi Mark,

CPS doesn't provide T9 & 11 load for landing until now,

It is a good suggestion for a new feature in near future version.

Thank for tip

Kind regards

Milton Kuser

Hi Milton,

The new manual is in rewriting phase.

Cheers

That is nice to know. Thanks for the continuing support!

Jean L. Leborne

About the Concorde descent calculator that is a pretty nice tool, it takes into account the wind component, fine ! but I wonder why it does not about the temp at high altitude/FL.

Try a descent with a high negative delta ISA like -18°C and you will observe it will take much more time than the same descent from the same altitude with a positive delta ISA like +3°C

I should ask Paul Campbell if possible

Pierre Chassang

Dear Concorde and CPS users;

First thanks to Ramon for its replies always perfect.

I'm actually working on the "Fuel management sheet" which will be removed from CPS main program (Route Page) and will have an access directly from a FSX (first, then FS9) menu.

This menu will open the chart of your actual flight route.

You'll be able to enter the fuel on board at a determined waypoint.

Then the program will plot the ideal fuel consumption curve and the Non Return Point at subsonic speed with 4 and with 3 engines curves. Two more curves will be plotted for subsonic flight to destination with 4 and 3 engines. The average wind component will be taken in account to calculate these curves.

I think also to include a new descent calculator based on real life Air-France documents.

It will take in account wind but also temperature which has an impact to the descent path.

Hope you'll like this features.

curvef.png

Just let me some time to implement them (Plotter is well advanced)

Best Regards

• Like 1
Ramón Cutanda

And the thing is... CPS was already GREAT at version 1.0!!! Thanks so much Pierre for such an invaluable tool that just gets better and better. BTW, taking into account it's a FREE tool perhaps a donation from time to time can be a sign of appreciation and respect to Pierre's work. 1, 2, 10 euros... Many little bits make a big piece ;-)

Bests,