Ramón Cutanda

Concorde Performance System: Calculations For Any Route

Ray Proudfoot

Have you searched the manual for that message?

You mentioned you had excluded Bullguard from your D drive. But if CPS-X in on C is that also excluded?

Antonino Fontana
6 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Have you searched the manual for that message?

You mentioned you had excluded Bullguard from your D drive. But if CPS-X in on C is that also excluded?

I did search ADEU in the manual (Ctrl+F) but the manual never said anything about an error. The CPS folder is also excluded. This is the error I am getting:

cps.JPG.4a1d8f6c94ffcf24d955e37ae5dcad57.JPG

Ray Proudfoot

Uninstall CIVA and reinstall. Copy any AWC and ADC files that you wish to keep such as the ones supplied by FS Labs.

If that doesn't fix it are you using AWC files created with an earlier version of CPS-X? If so that will cause problems. Delete all AWC and ADC files and start afresh.

Try the attached EGCC-LPPT plan and see if that is accepted. It's in XML format so not sure if Steam is okay with that format. Hopefully it is.

Has CPS-X ever worked okay for you? If so, what has changed on your system?

EGCCLPPT01.pln

Antonino Fontana
20 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Uninstall CIVA and reinstall. Copy any AWC and ADC files that you wish to keep such as the ones supplied by FS Labs.

If that doesn't fix it are you using AWC files created with an earlier version of CPS-X? If so that will cause problems. Delete all AWC and ADC files and start afresh.

Try the attached EGCC-LPPT plan and see if that is accepted. It's in XML format so not sure if Steam is okay with that format. Hopefully it is.

Has CPS-X ever worked okay for you? If so, what has changed on your system?

EGCCLPPT01.pln 5.84 kB · 0 downloads

Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help.

This is the first time I have used CPS-X.

CPS-X had the same problems when I wanted to use the flight plan provided by you.

CPS has never worked okay for me.

Ray Proudfoot

All that CPS-X is looking for is the ADEU folder in the CIVA sub folder where your FSX-Steam executable is located. That path cannot be right.

Please paste the path you are entering in the FSX / SE path in Options. Let's see if it looks okay.

Antonino Fontana
4 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

All that CPS-X is looking for is the ADEU folder in the CIVA sub folder where your FSX-Steam executable is located. That path cannot be right.

Please paste the path you are entering in the FSX / SE path in Options. Let's see if it looks okay.

The path is D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe.

Ray Proudfoot
Just now, Antonino Fontana said:

The path is D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe. Was I supposed to enter the path to the ADEU folder?

Remove fsx.exe. The path should be D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX

• Like 1

Antonino Fontana
1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Remove fsx.exe. The path should be D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX

Thanks! It finally worked! :)

• Like 2

Ray Proudfoot
Just now, Antonino Fontana said:

Thanks! It finally worked! :)

You were confusing CPS-X by including the fsx.exe bit. It couldn't find the CIVA folder in that path. Glad you're sorted. Have fun! :)

Antonino Fontana

CPSX needs a file called WX.dat:

ERROR.JPG.1c4eae2b65dc224e96b32c0b1bc920dd.JPG

If you don't speak French or Dutch here's what the error says:

CPSX is searching for a file called WX.dat and it searching for it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Concorde Performance System X\WX\WX.DAT. It also says it can't find the file. I do have a WX folder in the CPSX folder, but I don't have a WX.DAT file. The error almost prevents me from using the program: after importing the flight plan, I can't do anything. it doesn't matter where I click, I will get the error. I can't open any pages, excluding the trip, main menu, and options page. The error only occurs after I import the flightplan. I tried reinstalling CPSX and it made no diffrence.

Can someone maybe upload the WX.DAT file if he/she has it?

Ray Proudfoot

@Antonino Fontana, I assume you're using the NOAA weather option. That has proved to be unreliable since Pierre ceased support. You shouldn't click on the map option either as that will cause CPS-X to hang.

If you plan on flying Concorde on a regular basis I would recommend you buy AS16. It's on sale at a decent price. I have no problems using that with CPS-X and of course you get the benefit of it in FSX:Steam too.

https://hifisimtech.com/as16/#buynow

• Like 1

Ray Proudfoot

@Antonino Fontana, not heard from you since we got CPS-X working for you. How are you getting on? Have you bought AS16 yet?

Antonino Fontana
15 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Antonino Fontana, not heard from you since we got CPS-X working for you. How are you getting on? Have you bought AS16 yet?

I have already bought AS16, I did a flight from Amsterdam to Athens a few days ago, and it works, with no issues.

Ray Proudfoot
45 minutes ago, Antonino Fontana said:

I have already bought AS16, I did a flight from Amsterdam to Athens a few days ago, and it works, with no issues.

Subsonic I trust. :D

AdrianSmith

OBBIEGLL01.pln

@Ray Proudfoot, any idea why CPSX won't accept this plight plan.

Firstly "PLN and ADEU files mismatch, ADEU will be rebuilt"

then "Impossible to open the file C:\....OBBI to EGLL.txt"

Strangely the inbuilt FSLabs performance calculator doesn't have data for Bahrain!

Ray Proudfoot

@AdrianSmith, without loading it I'm guessing but try removing the space in the Waypoint Names and increase the altitude from 16,000ft. I'll load it up in an hour or so and see how I get on.

AdrianSmith

One or both of those seems to have done the trick :)

Ray Proudfoot
8 minutes ago, AdrianSmith said:

One or both of those seems to have done the trick :)

It's the spaces that were the problem. :D

Fraser Gale
2 hours ago, AdrianSmith said:

Strangely the inbuilt FSLabs performance calculator doesn't have data for Bahrain!

I'm guessing it's because the calculator was built using data from an up to date performance manual, and Bahrain was removed from the BA manual after the route stopped.  Plus, having just looked at my older performance manual, the Bahrain data uses graph presentation rather than tables which became standard.