Concorde Performance System: Calculations For Any Route

Ramón Cutanda

Ray Proudfoot
4 minutes ago, Carlos Meneses said:

@Ray Proudfoot Hes old enought, (18) , back to the issue, the only problem now is those frozen INS panels, Ive done the steps in the link forum someone sent me. Done them all and started to have sim crashes due to a KenederBase.dll, so strange stuff, and I fixed that too, the only thing is missing is to do a test flight to see how things go.

Understood. If any further problems related to CPS-X please post here otherwise it's the main Concorde forum.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pierre Chassang

• Ray Proudfoot

• Ramón Cutanda

• Steve Prowse

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello Captains, Please have a lokk here:

Dear Captains, Next Wednesday I will meet an ex-Concorde real life pilot. I will discuss with her of several Concorde X vs real aircraft differences. During development, she already

Concorde Performance System X: http://concordeperformancesystem.org/   Concorde Performance System X (referred to as CPS-X hereafter) is a standalone utility which can be used with SS

Posted Images

Carlos Meneses

Rgr, thanks for your help, well yestarday I was loading the plane, and I press de "send data to flightsim" or something like that, and when I went to fuel and payload section , my plane was default loaded, eventhought CPS sent two message saying fuel and payload sent to concorde x , should I load he data before opening the sim or with the plane loaded at the gate? I did it at the gate, with all the systems loaded.

Ray Proudfoot

Carlos, you have to load the payload and fuel from the FS Labs menu item in FSX. There will be a few existing entries but it’s the CPS-X one you should choose. It does not get loaded into aircraft automatically.

You can only load the fuel / payload when Concorde is loaded in FSX and at a gate.

• Thanks 1
  • 3 months later...
Ray Proudfoot

In July 2018 I uploaded CPS-X to AvSim's Library. Interesting to note that for a niche aircraft with limited appeal the number of downloads now stands at 970. Not all will be different people but it's reasonable to assume the vast majority are. The description clearly states it's for use with FSL Concorde-X only so owners of other aircraft are unlikely to download it.

Perhaps Concorde's appeal is greater than is assumed. On a related note it is hoped that the XML files CPS-X outputs will be compatible with any future version of Concorde released by FSL. Without it it would be difficult to get all the data required for a successful flight.

AdrianSmith

With the printout data from CPS-X it is possible to manually set everything up (if one is comfortable with manually creating the AWC files) it is just a nuisance and takes longer.

Ray Proudfoot

Manually creating AWC files? How is that done? Entering lat/lon for each waypoint would be a serious drawback. Setup for Concorde is long enough already.

FSL should be thinking about some system to do what CPS-X does.

Fraser Gale
8 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Manually creating AWC files? How is that done? Entering lat/lon for each waypoint would be a serious drawback. Setup for Concorde is long enough already.

FSL should be thinking about some system to do what CPS-X does.

What he means is that the XML files are just a fancy version of a text file, so you could open them up and input the takeoff data after CPS has created it.  Files could be manually dropped into the CIVA INS folder to work as well.  

Interesting we are now discussing this after announcement...  CPS will work for a good while longer it seems!

Ray Proudfoot

@Fraser Gale, manually dropping the files into the CIVA folder wouldn’t be a problem. I had my brain out when I read that this morning.

How the pax loading and fuel loading works will be a problem it will be lovely to solve as it would mean we have the 64-bit version.

Fraser Gale
5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Fraser Gale, manually dropping the files into the CIVA folder wouldn’t be a problem. I had my brain out when I read that this morning.

How the pax loading and fuel loading works will be a problem it will be lovely to solve as it would mean we have the 64-bit version.

Waste of time discussing it as things are but I would guess XML files would still be used to store weight and balance data of some sort so as I'm sure I've said before, should be easily fixed.  All shoulda woulda coulda now though and between PFPX and my computer suite we will manage somehow. 

• 1 month later...
Ben Griffiths

I've not flown Concorde for a while (and therefore not used CPS-X for a while).

Since Pierre stopped developing it I'm having quite a few issues with it. I've had a brief search on this post but while the issues are all mentioned I can't seem to find a solutuion to them. Is there a neat/easy solution it the issues?

• WX.DAT missing (I've just created a dummy wx.dat file - and that seems to have fixed it to a degree (although I'm still getting a lot of warnings)
  • Constant complaints that "HTTP/1.1 302 Object Moved"

What I can't do is set the fuel. When I get to the fuel screen all I'm getting is the attached (this is with an entirely empty plane for a LHR-JFK flight)

fuel.png

Ray Proudfoot

Hi Ben,

I need to see your flight plan please. If it's not the supplied EGLL-KJFK plan it's probably got the wrong ACCEL point south of Cardiff in it.

I'm guessing you have not got Active Sky installed for weather. That is the better option but the default should still work.

Regarding the HTTP errors be aware that some features of CPS-X no longer work as the server hosting them has been closed by Pierre. Avoid selecting the World Map either directly or including it in your report.

• 2 weeks later...
Craig Baillie

Hello all, I'm trying to get to grips with CPS. After looking through this forum I've downloaded the fpl that Ray provided with someone else. I only have ASN so I'm having to resort to NOAA. I of course get the wx.dat error, so I have simply created a blank txt file and renamed it wx.dat. Is this the correct course of action?

I cannot get the fuel page to work at all, it's constantly saying I'm overloaded. A common factor is doing is the system saying my minimum holding fuel needs to be 6500kg and increases fuel accordingly which in turn throws me overweight. This even happens with an empty plane!

Help :-)

Trip page & fpl, which is the fpl from a few pages back on this forum.

CPS_Trip.jpg

EGLLKJFK01.pln

Ray Proudfoot

Hi Craig,

You have entered the wrong ACCEL waypoint. It should be 51N004W, not LESLU. You also need to enter the Destination From waypoint. Choose the waypoint between LINND and OWENZ.

You should be okay thereafter. NOAA Wx should still work. Keep trying. You should also deselect the 250kts below FL100 option. Concorde was frequently cleared to exceed it.

Craig Baillie

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the input, I've been messing about with various options so I'm aware that the accel/decel waypoints on that screen aren't accurate to the actual flight, no matter what I do I still get the fuel page refusing to work. But, by way of providing accurate screenshots. I've selected Accel/Decel points, I've changed the holding paramaters as per the fuel page and the aircraft is lightly loaded using the random loading option and still no joy:

Edit: Note the Average en rte ISA deviation figure...its showing 56.5. Should it be showing the +/- deviation amount? Therefore it thinks its deviating by +56.5 in which case the fuel burn would be way out of wack!

Further Edit: That is exactly what the problem is, by using custom wx and then editing the temp around ISA I've confirmed my suspicion! So now the question is, what's going on with NOAA weather that's getting the ISA Dev figures wrong?

CPS_Trip.jpg

CPS_Load.jpg

Fuel.jpg

Ray Proudfoot

Hi Craig,

The ISA Deviation value is the problem. I would expect it to be close to zero or a negative number. It’s due to you not being able to download wind and crucially temperatures for the upper atmosphere. Concorde is simply burning too much fuel with warm air.

I don’t think you're going to get a successful outcome until you can load the weather. Have you considered AS16 for FSX? If you’re going to stay with that sim (and Concorde) for a while it might help to invest in a weather program that negates the need to rely on the NOAA Wx which appears unreliable.

Craig Baillie

Hmmm...Hifi have had plenty of my money already..I've had them for years; I stopped with ASN with FSX but I've got AS16 for P3dv3 & ASP. Trouble is without a P3D installation I cannot use AS16.

If there's a cheap upgrade path for ASN; I will give it a thought.

Ray Proudfoot
19 minutes ago, SomeoneElse said:

Hmmm...Hifi have had plenty of my money already..I've had them for years; I stopped with ASN with FSX but I've got AS16 for P3dv3 & ASP. Trouble is without a P3D installation I cannot use AS16.

If there's a cheap upgrade path for ASN; I will give it a thought.

I don’t think the cheap upgrades apply to older products. Sadly, you can’t buy Concorde for P3D any longer as it does handle VAS better than FSX. Realistically AS16 for FSX is the cheapest option. Keep trying with the NOAA option though. That wasn’t part of the service that ended when Pierre packed up and should still work.

Ray Proudfoot

Craig,

Try the Custom Wx option. I was able to complete the process. You have to enter wx for EGLL and KJFK plus enroute high altitude temp and winds but ASN should be able to get that for you.

A bit more work but at least you can fly the route. :)

Craig Baillie

Hi Ray, yeah I did that yesterday. As you say a bit more work but not too much., I just used the avereage wind component in ASN for all wind values and picked ISA temps in the WX briefing.

Ray Proudfoot
31 minutes ago, SomeoneElse said:

Hi Ray, yeah I did that yesterday. As you say a bit more work but not too much., I just used the avereage wind component in ASN for all wind values and picked ISA temps in the WX briefing.

Good stuff. So the process completed okay and you were able to fly the route?

• 6 months later...
Richard Portier

Hi,

I went back to Concorde, I forgot all about it...I remember I was able to do without the VFE at the time. Not anymore :lol:

I see I have an old version of CPS. Please, should I uninstall it (how?) before installing the latest CPS-X VIP (762)?

Thanks and Regards,

Richard.

Ray Proudfoot

@Richard Portier, if there’s an entry in Control Panel - Add/Remove programs do it there and then install CPS-X. If there’s no entry just delete the parent folder.

• Thanks 1
Richard Portier
4 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Richard Portier, if there’s an entry in Control Panel - Add/Remove programs do it there and then install CPS-X. If there’s no entry just delete the parent folder.

Thank you Ray, I was looking into programs installed at CPS instead of Concorde Performance System. Found it!

Richard.

Ray Proudfoot

Richard, excellent. You don't list the resolution you have for your Airbuses but if it's UHD you obviously need to switch to 1920*1080 for Concorde. This topic may help get the best image quality.

Ray Proudfoot

In some ways I envy you Richard. I bought a UHD monitor as I knew there was a 64-bit Concorde in development but then everything changed with the Microsoft announcement.

Downscaling the display does compromise the virtual cockpit. It’s great in P3D v4 of course. Just have to be patient.

• 3 weeks later...
Antonino Fontana

When I select a flight plan, it asks if I want to check if I have the ADEU folder. I do have it, it’s located in FSX\Civa. When I click OK, it doesn’t continue with loading but it just deletes all the fields. I can’t load the flight plan.

Ray Proudfoot
1 hour ago, Antonino Fontana said:

When I select a flight plan, it asks if I want to check if I have the ADEU folder. I do have it, it’s located in FSX\Civa. When I click OK, it doesn’t continue with loading but it just deletes all the fields. I can’t load the flight plan.

I'm wondering if your Concorde problems are also affecting CPS-X. Where is FSX located? Under Program Files(x86)? Have you set these folders as exclusions in Defender? I have never seen that problem in CPS-X.

Check you have the latest version of CPS-X. Build 762 shown on the main menu.

Antonino Fontana
20 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I'm wondering if your Concorde problems are also affecting CPS-X. Where is FSX located? Under Program Files(x86)? Have you set these folders as exclusions in Defender? I have never seen that problem in CPS-X.

Check you have the latest version of CPS-X. Build 762 shown on the main menu.

FSX is located in D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX.

Windows Defender is disabled, so I can't add any exclusions for Defender. I did exclude my D:\ drive in BullGuard. I am running build 762.

Ray Proudfoot

I've never used Steam but as long as you have a CIVA subfolder under FSX that should be okay.

How many files do you have in the ADEU folder? And do you have a BACKUP folder? If so, how many files in that?

Ramón Cutanda

Pierre implemented that feature after my suggestion. If you fly many different routes eventually it became difficult to find the flight plan you needed using Concorde's CDU. So what recent versions of CPS-X did was rename the CIVA folder as BACKUP and then leave inside the CIVA folder ONLY the flight plan in use. That makes loading the plans in the CDU much quicker. So what you see is, if I have understood correctly, a expected behaviour. Next time you load CPS-X the last flight plan insude the CIVA folde is moved to the BACKUP folder which is then renamed again as CIVA leaving everything as it was.

Bests,

Antonino Fontana
35 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I've never used Steam but as long as you have a CIVA subfolder under FSX that should be okay.

How many files do you have in the ADEU folder? And do you have a BACKUP folder? If so, how many files in that?

I have 72 files in the ADEU folder. I don't have a BACKUP folder.

Ray Proudfoot
4 minutes ago, Antonino Fontana said:

I have 72 files in the ADEU folder. I don't have a BACKUP folder.

Okay, good. So now when you start CPS-X and select Trip Planning Module it should not prompt you for anything. Just enter the ICAO of the departure airport making sure the flight plan exists in the My Documents \ FSX folder.

Antonino Fontana
7 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Okay, good. So now when you start CPS-X and select Trip Planning Module it should not prompt you for anything. Just enter the ICAO of the departure airport making sure the flight plan exists in the My Documents \ FSX folder.

That is what I always do. This is what happened, and I couldn’t do anything about the camera shaking:

Ramón Cutanda

@Ray Proudfoot Try this direct link:
https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/uploads/monthly_2020_04/IMG_6507.MOV.cdec2235ddda87b44f1351a6798ef459.MOV

@Antonino Fontana Please check:

1. There is a folder named " D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\Civa\ADEU" with a bunch of .AWC files inside

2. You have setup CPS-X correctly as shown in the screemshot attached.

Bests,

Screenshot_1.png.13e03c29091e0317a307c607399219ef.png

Ray Proudfoot

Thanks Ramon. Still nothing on a W10 laptop. Sounds but a black screen.

Ramón Cutanda

I actually could see your video using VLC (my main video player). My reply was based on what I saw on your video.

Bests,

Ray Proudfoot

I saw that one. Bit wobbly but I suggest you check the folder preferences in Options as Ramon has suggested.

Antonino Fontana
31 minutes ago, Ramón Cutanda said:

@Ray Proudfoot Try this direct link:
https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/uploads/monthly_2020_04/IMG_6507.MOV.cdec2235ddda87b44f1351a6798ef459.MOV

@Antonino Fontana Please check:

1. There is a folder named " D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\Civa\ADEU" with a bunch of .AWC files inside

2. You have setup CPS-X correctly as shown in the screemshot attached.

Bests,

Screenshot_1.png.13e03c29091e0317a307c607399219ef.png

1: There are 72 .AWC files in the ADEU folder

2: This is how I did it:

Knipsel.thumb.JPG.11dd941d38a83a75b0bbde910c412f06.JPG

Ramón Cutanda

I am not a Steam user, but maybe the folder "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX" requires some sort of special permissions. Please try right-clicking CPS-X and use "Run as administrator" to make sure you have all the necessary permissions.

If that doesn't work, then I am really running out of ideas, I'm afraid.

Ray Proudfoot

I can't think of any other solutions either but would agree with Ramon that running the exe as administrator is vital. Right-click the icon shortcut and choose Properties / Advanced. Check the option is set.

Antonino Fontana
4 minutes ago, Ramón Cutanda said:

I am not a Steam user, but maybe the folder "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX" requires some sort of special permissions. Please try right-clicking CPS-X and use "Run as administrator" to make sure you have all the necessary permissions.

If that doesn't work, then I am really running out of ideas, I'm afraid.

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I can't think of any other solutions either but would agree with Ramon that running the exe as administrator is vital. Right-click the icon shortcut and choose Properties / Advanced. Check the option is set.

I already run CPS-X as an administrator.