Concorde Performance System: Calculations For Any Route

Ramón Cutanda

Pierre Chassang

Hello Charan,

I'm glad you've found the solution. It's great.

As I said before: The next release will have huge improvement in route add feature.

CPS will need no longer to use Plan Converter and the add procedure will very simple and fast.

It will be available probably during weekend.

Cheers and thanks for your interest with CPS

Pierre

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pierre Chassang

• Ray Proudfoot

• Ramón Cutanda

• Steve Prowse

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello Captains, Please have a lokk here:

Dear Captains, Next Wednesday I will meet an ex-Concorde real life pilot. I will discuss with her of several Concorde X vs real aircraft differences. During development, she already

Concorde Performance System X: http://concordeperformancesystem.org/   Concorde Performance System X (referred to as CPS-X hereafter) is a standalone utility which can be used with SS

Posted Images

To Pierre:

I wanted to donate yesterday, but unfortunately I couldn't.

Why?

Because the button in the program leads to the French Paypal.

So, if you could be so kind to change that in the next version, to lead to the English Paypal...

Pierre Chassang

Hi cptawsom,

First, thank you for the kind intention, but some English, American, Canadian and even Chinese peoples have donate through the Doante button without problem.

I don't know why it is not woking.

Thanks to you. ;)

Best Regards

Pierre

I never said it is not working (or that is working - for that matter).

I merely want to point out, that where money is involved, it is logical for anyone to want a page written in a language he understands.

And today, English is the universal language, and that is a requirement.

You cannot expect/require from others to understand any other language.

Ramón Cutanda

I never said I had any problems in donating (and for the record I have already done so).

I merely expressed my humble opinion, that it could not be taken so well by some people, when the page is not in english.

And Ramon, where security and money is involved, sorry, but I do not trust even my own common sense and logic to "play" with altering URLs.

PS: I found your CPS tutorials in YouTube. Too bad I do not understand spanish.

On another matter, I used CPS last night to plan a rather short for the Concorde custom flight, LGAV->UKBB.

It proposed a total fuel around 22tn.

However when it was loaded into the plane, the load manager showed almost 5tn loaded.

I experimented with the scrollbar on the total fuel amount on the Concorde load manager, and realized that it wouldn't accept any amount below 25-26tn of fuel.

I assume this is a limitation of the Concorde, for not being able to distibute evenly (for mass equilibrium) and less amount of fuel?

Or was it a bug of CPS (ie -> it said that it exported 22tn of fuel while in reality it exported 5tn)?

Craig Udseth

Help! I just downloaded and installed the 1.4 version but where is the manual? Under documentation I only have a change list!

Craig

Pierre Chassang

Hi all

To Craig: Yes, I've removed the manual from the documentation folder because it became out of date after many program improvements. A new one in rewriting phase and video tutorials for latest version are in creation a first one is available to axplain how add a route with the new feature. several others will come soon. See blog please.

To Mark767: Could you tell me what flight planner are you using to generates your *.pln?

Try to redownload and reinstall CPS, I've added some fixes...

Best Regards

Craig Udseth

Thanks, Pierre!

I watched the latest video on importing flight plan and have stumbled thru the rest of it all but not sure where the initial AI setting is displayed on the English Takeoff Data Sheet. The rest I have found. I await your updated manual, however. And also a BA version (or at least an English translation) of the Landing Data Sheet.

I spoke too soon. I cannot load a route as described in your latest video without an error message blocking my attempt. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, re-downloaded and reinstalled again but same thing shows up:

"403" n'est pas une valeur en virgule flottante correcte.

and the plan I am loading is not corrupt but one that I have previously flown without problem. I have sent you a direct EMAIL with a screen capture as well as the corrupted CIVA files that it produces.

Edited by HiFly
Pierre Chassang

Hi Craig,

I've just read you mail and saw you're using SuperFlightPlanner.

As you may be read on the "Informations" CPS blob article, The product has been tested with some planner only.

I'd like you send me a .pln file generated by this planner, so I could modify the program to read the pln format of SuperFlightPlanner

The major problem is each planner generates a specific coordinates format.

Thanks for report

Best Regards

Craig Udseth

Good Morning, Pierre!

I sent you a direct Email with the flight plan (pln) file I was using. Thinking that the way it is compiling the coordinates may be a root cause, I did change the format in Super Flight Planner from dd:mm:ss to dd:mm but still got the error. Those were the only options. Of course regardless of my selected format, it still might compile in the same way. I hope you can find a work around but, if not, maybe post a list of the flight planners that you know work with your program and I will have to choose one of them (hopefully freeware). Thank you for your quick response.

My apologies, I just read your information blog and it listed the ones you had tested. I prefer Super Flight Planner because it has all the Jet Routes on the map layout as well as all waypoints and allows me the flexibility of creating my own route. Hope you can find a fix for it.

Edited by HiFly
Mark Wolpert

I downloaded again 1.4.0.0 and still get the same error. I uninstalled and re-installed and same thing. Is there a reason the 1.3.X versions are 60MB but 1.4 is only 10MB?

Pierre Chassang

Hi Mark,

The light weight of latest version is normal because the manual and PlanConverter have been excluded of install program.

Concerning the fs build plan issue, could you please send me the pln file causing the issue on the CPS support mail?

support(dot)cps(at)bbox(dot)fr

Best Regards

Sometimes the "Program files" folder is tricky. Try to install CPS somewhere else. For instance, in "C:\CPS" You could also try right-clicking and "Running as admin". If that fails I have no idea of what the problem may be and you would have to contact the author.

Bests,

Hi Ramon

I managed to get it all set up but the problem is I don't know what to do with the route bit?

I can't find the Manual either, I don't know how to import a route?

Could you help?

Regards

Ramón Cutanda

Hi Luke,

Please, check this:

Hi all

[...I've removed the manual from the documentation folder because it became out of date after many program improvements. A new one in rewriting phase and video tutorials for latest version are in creation a first one is available to axplain how add a route with the new feature. several others will come soon. See blog please.

Thank you very much for a great program.

When trying to export data to concorde i keep getting this error:

"Impossible d'écrire dans F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\Aircraft\BAe-concorde\aircraft.cfg"

Ramón Cutanda

Could you briefly explain how to get my route into it? So I can get started

Have a look at this. It's not the best of the videos, but perhaps will help to get started.

Bests,

Derek Struye

Hmmm...not sure what this means. Can some one explain why I am not allowed to takeoff? I'm well under Max weights in Aircraft Balance tab.

jQQDlHIYn5vg4.jpg

Well done so far. Adding Route is soooooooooooooo much nicer.

Ramón Cutanda

I think that's a bug. When you are over the weight instead of "NAN" you should read the max weight allowed for the current airport and conditions: mainly runway lenght, air preassure and temperature.

Try to close CPS, relauch and repeat all the steps. If you're not over the maximum weight then Pierre (the developer) will need to have a look at it.

Bests,

Pierre Chassang

Hello Gentlemen,

I see some threads concern error message:

Try to treat them one by one:

Thanks Ramon!

Could you briefly explain how to get my route into it? So I can get started

Regards

You have the excellent video from Ramon, and you also have this one : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CSJtfps2d8 for 1.4.0.0 and to explain route name filter new feature you can see :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXKwNT0wbTg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you very much for a great program.

When trying to export data to concorde i keep getting this error:

"Impossible d'écrire dans F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\Aircraft\BAe-concorde\aircraft.cfg"

This bug happens when both FSX and FS9 are installed on your computer.

It should be fixed on 1.4.2 which will be online today.

If not let me know on support mail with detailed configuration ans step to reproduce.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm...not sure what this means. Can some one explain why I am not allowed to takeoff? I'm well under Max weights in Aircraft Balance tab.

jQQDlHIYn5vg4.jpg

Well done so far. Adding Route is soooooooooooooo much nicer.

It is the first time I see this message could you please send me detailed step to reproduce on support mail?

Be under max weight in balance weight doesn't mean the WX conditions or runway length allow you to take off.

I see on your screen you are no runway selected.

Best Regards

Pierre

David Barnett

Pierre, might have found a bug in 1.4.1.0

I had noticed after install, when loading a previously created route, everything showed up...except the waypoints drawn on the map.

So, I went into FSBuild, loaded up a previously saved flight plan. Called PHOG-LAX03. FSBuild exportred it as PHOG-KLAX. I renamed it before loading it into CPS. I get some sort of error in regards to an index and a -1 in parenthesis.

So, I then checked my config screen to ensure my paths were correct. They were, so I hit apply just to make sure they were wriiten in the cfg. CPS locked up! Had to use task mgr to shut down.

I restarted CPS, checked my config and the CPS plan path and AS2012(the bottom entry) path were missing. I re-entered them, hit apply again...lock up! I can duplicate this everytime. Going to try a re-install, as I'm getting error messages constantly now.

Will get back to you.

Ok, just did a re-install of 1.4.1.0. Locks up everytime I try and apply my paths settings in the configuration screen. I'm also getting errors when I just enter my departure airport.

I can't do a complete uninstall, due to that font issue. But, I'll try and un-install 1.4.1.0 and do a clean install. I'll also delete my flight plan file, incase that is conflicting somehow.

Any ideas appreciated, I don't understand some of the error messages I'm getting.

Best,

David

OK Pierre, just did a full uninstall reinstall. Left the fonts folder intact so everything fine there. Set up my config screen, hit apply...lock up.

Exited using task manager. Started CPS again, this time I just selected No for AS2012, and type in PHOG in the departure box. Error message:Impossible de trouver le fichier specifie.

OK, further to this. I took a look at the config screen, the CPS path and AS2012 paths are missing again. Chose PHOG as my departure airport...same error message as above.

Didn't lock up. However when I tried to load a route, it popped up the AS2012 file area.IE the app data roaming one. It didn't show my FSX flighplan folder at all.

Again, if I try and save my config file, CPS will lock up.

I'm going to uninstall again, and re-install 1.4.0.0, and see what happens.

Best,

David

EDIT; OK Pierre. Just re-installed 1.4.0.0. Initially when it started, it was locked up. However, when I went to task manager, it showed another CPS trying to load. when I closed that one down, CPS 1.4.0.0 worked fine.

Hope thiis may help you. I know you mentioned 1.4.2.0 was due to be released, so perhaps that will solve all problems. Right now I'll stick with 1.4.0.0.

Best,

David

David Barnett

Hi Pierre. I think I have 1.4.2.0 running OK. Except when I try and add an FsBuild PLN to CPS; I get this error. "Index de liste hors limites (-1)"

The only plan i can load now, is the Supersonic created plan. The S- plan was created from this FSBuild file. I tried 2 differnt pln files. Both gave me the error above.

I can still use my S-*.pln file OK.

Ok, another issue discovered. Again, I went into the configuration program, to change my default pax load. Hit apply, CPS locked up. Now when I right clicked the CPS icon in the taskbar area, and chose close window.

The AS2012 start Oui NOn screen came into view again, as well as the config. screen. Selected Non on the As2012 screen, CPS functions normally again, except for that index error message when trying to add a route.

It's like the As2012 start up screen and the config. save screen are conflicting somehow. But, when you hit the x to close window, everything comes back, can select the OUi or Non on the As2012 screen,config screen disappears, and CPS funtions normally again.

Hope this helps you somewhat to narrow down some things. I can still use an old S- pln so can at least do my PHOG-KLAX flight

Best,

David

Edited for spelling

David Barnett

Hi Pierre. I sent it via Email. Also, step by step to cause the configuration lock up.

Best,

David

PS Do you have a timeframe on the new manual?

Pierre Chassang

Hi David,

I've fixed the configuration issue.

Concerning the manual, unfortunately not. I spend most of my time to correct issues and there are some changes again.

So I would like to have a stable version to write the manual.

In the meantime I publish video tutorials on the CPS blog explaining the main procedures. (subtitles in English)

For now Download and install; First launch; add route; using add / load route filter and Optimizing load are up to date.

The others are outdated and I replace them one by one by new ones.

Best Regards

Pierre

David Barnett

Pierre. Nice Job! Everything works perfect now. looks like you have fixed the bugs I had.

Configuration screen, hit apply...no lock up. ;-)

create new route...exported adeu perfectly...and fast!...Nice Job!

Best,

David

Jean L. Leborne

Yup, everything worked well for me also. Now if I could kindly ask for English translation of all the cards and report pages but that is really not a big deal. :)

except the landing form that exists in "french-style" only, all the rest is translated in english, report pages included :)

Derek Struye

except the landing form that exists in "french-style" only, all the rest is translated in english, report pages included :)

True. I find it pretty hard to read the Balance Chart, in french or english; it's rather blurry, maybe due to it seems scaled smaller than it should be. Perhaps flipping it on its side like the Fuel Management Sheet would help.

Jean L. Leborne

[...] I find it pretty hard to read the Balance Chart, in french or english; it's rather blurry, maybe due to it seems scaled smaller than it should be

This is correct.

Go to this web page :

http://www.google.fr/imgres?imgurl=http://concorde.docs.free.fr/Pages/Carton-A-D/Images/FeuilleDeCentrage-1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://concorde.docs.free.fr/Pages/Carton-A-D/FeuilleCentrage-page01.html&h=870&w=1222&sz=268&tbnid=vUIaT4mwpKmLFM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=126&zoom=1&usg=__lgbap8Oj__3312H0bCD-fE4nHiI=&docid=AFfs-MOmBfMr-M&sa=X&ei=GlcTUePlJ6mL0AWxtYCwDw&ved=0CDIQ9QEwAA&dur=493

right click to save the image and you'll get a good quality/size balance chart to refer to

• Like 1
Pierre Chassang

Hi Ontheair,

You're right,but I can't use the picture you show me because it has a filigram I can't remove.

This filigram indicates a copyright.

I have an original Balance sheet block fro Air-France. I'll try to make a better scan.

Thanks for report

Best Regards

Hi Pierre,

I got a hint from Ramón on this CPS and found it great. It's a powerful tool - no doubt about it. However, my experience so far is null since I cannot get it to work. I have seen the videos on Youtube, but I am stuck with the route loading.

I downloaded the routes from Ramóns "the increadible timemachine...." i.e. the routes of the world tours.

Setting a departure airport, choosing runway, then clicking route and add route. Here I can choose, for instance, the 42.EGLLEGTG. What happens next is that I click "open" and a window says (translated from Swedish) "Unvalid at the highest level in the document". Then in French; "Ligne: 1 [FSCFP]."

What do I do wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Z