Ramón Cutanda

Concorde Performance System: Calculations For Any Route

Ramón Cutanda

Concorde Performance System X:

http://concordeperformancesystem.org/

On 7/31/2018 at 2:27 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Following Pierre's announcement that development and support of CPS-X has ceased I've uploaded CPS-X (VIP version) to AvSim Library with Pierre's permission. You can access it here.

https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=205930

Concorde Performance System X (referred to as CPS-X hereafter) is a standalone utility which can be used with SSTSIM for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 (aka FS9) and FSLabs Concorde X for FSX, FSX-SE, P3D v2.x and v3.x.

It allows the most demanding simmers to plan any Concorde flight either subsonic or supersonic. Any airport included in the simulator can be chosen as departure, destination or alternate, provided that it has a long enough runway to takeoff or land Concorde.

CPS-X is only a fuel and performance planner, not a route planner. This means that you first need to use software like PFPX, FS Commander, or any route planning tool to generate the routes that CPS-X will use. Those routes must be exclusively created in FS2004 (text file) or FSX/P3D (xml file) *.pln files format. If not, CPS-X will not be able to use them.

The tool provided by FSLabs only allows the calculation of the performance for some of the most popular airports used by Concorde during her illustrious career and only with a few loading profiles.

CPS-X offers virtually unlimited routes only restricted by your own imagination.

CPS-X allows you to calculate the right balance for any load, the right amount of fuel required and its  distribution and the correct takeoff and landing performance.

The performance provided by CPS-X is based on the real aircraft documentation from Air France.

CPS-X uses several weather sources to compute the performance and fuel required. Real weather can be downloaded from NOAA servers or programs such as Hi-Fi Simulation Technologies Active Sky 2016 (only for FSX and P3D) or set manually by the user.

CPS-X benefits from 5 years of experience developing previous versions while listening to and supporting its users. It is the sum of these 5 years that has helped me to improve it.

This is a short summary of this product that should satisfy the most demanding fans of “Hard Core” Concorde simulation.
Pierre Chassang

• Like 3

LukeP

So far I have not read anything in the forum about a great tool called Concorde Performance System. If you ever wanted to fly outside the "classic" London - New York - Barbados routes then you NEED this tool:

http://concordeperfo...stem.unblog.fr/

Concorde Performance System will allow you to...

1. Load the right amount of fuel for ANY route, taking into consideration:

- Custom passenger and baggage loads

- Weather along the route (you manually insert those values)

- Subsonic routes or segments at departure, arrival or both (with custom height)

- Noise abatement procedure

- Distance and FL to alternate

- Departures below or above 250 knots

- Custom taxi and "extra" fuel load

2. Get the performance values for both take off and landing taking into consideration:

- The runway legth

- Current weather conditions (via NOAA or Active Sky)

- The TOW (Take Off Weight)

3. Send the custom fuel and passenger load to the Concorde-X loader.

4. Provides a graphic chart with the expected fuel consumption at each point of the route, which allows to control if the actual fuel consumption along the route is higher or lower than expected.

5. Provides a complete fuel load sheet for manually loading each fuel tank and for managing the Center of Gravity (optional)

6. Includes the Klas Björkqvist Plan Converter, to get CIVA flight plans out of any .pln file.

7. Includes the Concorde Descent Calculator by Paul Campbell

8. Provices easy access to your PDF charts

----------------------------------------------------

It's a tool you really should NOT miss

--> Here's an EXAMPLE PDF <--

---------------------------------------------------

Firstly Thank You Ramon for letting me know about this!

Secondly is anybody else not able to download this?

I cant seem to be able to download it, the Password does not work?

Regards

• Like 1

Ramón Cutanda

I've just downloaded the updated version a couple of minutes ago, so I don't think there's anything wrong with the download. It's a little bit tricky though. Try to follow these steps

2ikcqa.png

303a61d.png

otg6mq.png

LukeP

I've just downloaded the updated version a couple of minutes ago, so I don't think there's anything wrong with the download. It's a little bit tricky though. Try to follow these steps

2ikcqa.png

303a61d.png

otg6mq.png

Cheers Ramon!

Got it downloaded and installed, however when I go to the application it just crashes with a error box saying 'Unspecified Error'

Any ideas?

Luke

Ramón Cutanda

Sometimes the "Program files" folder is tricky. Try to install CPS somewhere else. For instance, in "C:\CPS" You could also try right-clicking and "Running as admin". If that fails I have no idea of what the problem may be and you would have to contact the author.

Bests,

David Barnett

Hey Folks. First off, Ramon Thank You for bringing this great product to our attention. This thing is awesome!

I have used it a couple of times on a short KLAX PHOG and back flights.

Using the loading from CPS, I did notice any difference on flying the "ole gal" as using the defult flight loadouts from FSL.

She flew like a dream. If you haven't tried this yet, give it a shot! Such a wonderful made self-contained product.

Just d/l 1.2.3 and isntalled. everyything works fine. when the Airbus get releasd, woulkd love to hear Andrew etal thoughts on the CPS.

Try it!

Fly Safe!

Best,

David

Derek Struye

Cheers Ramon!

Got it downloaded and installed, however when I go to the application it just crashes with a error box saying 'Unspecified Error'

Any ideas?

Luke

Same here. Program crashes right after launch. "Exception EOleSysError dans le module CPS.EXE en 00e0be5. Unspecified error."

Pierre Chassang

Hello CPS users,

I'm Pierre Chassang (CPS author).

The

Same here. Program crashes right after launch. "Exception EOleSysError dans le module CPS.EXE en 00e0be5. Unspecified error."

Comes from Acrobat reader bug.

To fix it, please uninstall Acrobat Reader and then either install the newest version or just reinstall the same.

Cheers

Pierre

support.cps@bbox.fr

Derek Struye

Thank you. I uninstalled everything Adobe except Flash. Still crashed. Then I downloaded latest Adobe Reader 11.0.1 (or something like that) and installed it. Now your program starts fine. Had no time to check it out yet but looks rather in depth.

concorde29

Hi there,

a very cool tool but i have a problem. On every loaded route the ground distance is shown 0. Also there is no route log displayed. I have tested this on win XP and win 8. Have any of you an idea ???

thank you

Ramón Cutanda

Hello concorde29,

Just make sure that you follow the right procedure to add a new route as explained in the manual. It's specially important that you close the "PlanConverter" tool before loading the route.

Bests,

Pierre Chassang

Hello Ramon and Concorde29,

I've replied to your question on the blog, but I post it here too.

Ramon is right (He is a VIP long time CPS user) Follow the procedure accurately.

I've just published a new video tutorial concerning the route addition on Youtube.

Please see : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m-VA39wsVY

Hope this help

Pierre

David Barnett

Hi Pierre and ramon. Again, Thanks for an awesome program. couple of things.

1. Warning, I thought I had a bad install of 1.3.1.0. As I looked into the docs, and saw the manual was still 1.1.2.0. I thought I had installed the wrong file. After uninstalling 1.3.1.0; my fonts were all messed up!

They reverted to some sort of very small italic looking fonts. Basically, the way i fixed the problem is by reinstalling version 1.1..2.1..then re-installing 1.3.1.0. That restored my fonts to normal.

Any plans to update the manual to the latest changes?

Pierre Chassang

Hi B737

I'm just rewriting the updated manual corresponding to latest version.

I was very busy these last days because working on SSTSIM compatibility which is a success now.

Sorry for inconvenience

Best Regards

Pierre

Mark Wolpert

I cannot get it to work. I have followed the video instructions and when I load the S-*flightplan* file I can see the route correctly shown on the map but the ground distance is "0" and the section below where the waypoints should be written out is not there.

Is there a way to just import a *.pln file if you already have them made up and if you already have your CIVA INS files created?

David Barnett

Thank You Pierre. Look forward to the update. Still don't know how I lost my fonts after uninstall of 1.3.1.0. Hope fully you can discover the problem.

Will the manual, be an entire update package, or are you jsut posting the updated manual. Thanks again for this awesome program.

I watch the tutorial vids on yuoutube, think I have a good handle on things.

Best,

David

David Barnett

ATTN: PIIERRE95 CPS Bug Report Perhaps.

Hello Pierre. I don't know were to report bugs, as I don't speak french. So, hopefully you will see them here.

1. OK, I think I have figured out the font thing. Looking at the registry, it looks like you have associated the actual fonts with your fonts installed in CPS.

If I uninstall 1.3.1.0 right now, I'll loose several default fonts. IE Arial etc.

In order to get my fonts reset to normal, after they were showing somesort of italic tiny font in CPS and other programs...here is what I did.

1. Uninstalled everything related to cps. Checked the registry s well. Everythign clean, fonts all screwed up.

2. I then installed 1.3.1.0 again, fonts still messed up. UN-installd clean again.

3. Installed version 1.1.2.1....fonts returned to normal! Installed in D:\Concorde Performance System directory.

4. I then went in and set my directories in the config.

FSX= D:\FSX

AS2012 Program=D:\HIFI\AS2012\AS2012_Exec.exe

CPS Plans=D:\Users\MyName\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files

AS2012 User Folder=D:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\HiFi\AS2012\Weather

Hit apply, received new update avail. message. Closed CPS.

5. I then installed 1.3.1.0 into my D:\Concorde Performance System directory.

6. Started CPS again, indicated I was running 1.3.1.0. I waited for the program to totally load. But, it got to a point where nothing was happening. After clicking on the screen, i got the AS2012 popup oui or non. Then I could get to the config screen.

Any way to have the WX popup box start without clicking on anything...it's a little confusing.

7. On the Config screen. The AUTO thingy for FSX and AS2012 Program, was already filled in. However, the FSX directory was correct. But, the AS2012 Program directory was the same as the AS2102 User folder directory.

When I re-typed the correct AS2012 program directory: D:\HIFI\AS2012\AS2012_Exec.exe, and hit apply. When I reopened the Config, the Auto on the AS2012 was refilled with the same AS2012 User Folder path.

It did not save my program path. If I look at my CPS.cfg file, it does show the correct path. SO, is there something in your AUTO code that keeps calling up the User folder instead of the program folder?

After numerous installs, and cleanups. I believe my 1.3.1.0 is intalled correctly and stable. I'm going to follow the tutorial to see how it works out for me now.

But, I know with out a doubt. If I uninstall CPS again; my fonts will be messed up again. This is consistent for me.

Oh yeah, another thing noticed when the fonts got messed up. When I started IE9, and have Google as default homepage, the screen was black.

Hope this info. may help you somewhat in troubleshooting.

Best,

David

Pierre Chassang

Hello B737,

In the early versions of CPS, the issue you're describing occured.

It was fixed when changed Installer program, using Inno setup instead of Installshield which was at the origin of the issue.

Some users who had this problem have fixed it like this.

Instead of uninstall CPS, they just deleted the CPS main folder the they installed the newest version.

No one of them had the problem since they did that.

Concerning the paths, I will release a new version today which solves this.

Best Regards

Pierre

Pierre Chassang

Hi Mark 767,

Could you send me the .pln causing the issue, please?

The waypoints of the plan must (as in real life) have no more than 5 characters. It is often the origin of troubles.

E-mail : support.cps@bbox.fr

Best Regards

Pierre

David Barnett

Hi Pierre. Thank You for getting back to us so soon.

Ok, I have just deleted the folder and did a reinstall, so the fonts would be recognized, all is well.

Just patiently waiting on the update for the paths. :)

Best,

David

EDIT: Didn't fully RTFM. Questions were answered.

Pierre Chassang

Hello David,

Glad to hear the font issue is solved.

The new version is now available and works with AS2012, ASA, ASX, I need feedback for ASV6.5 for which I don't know the registry key for application path.

Concerning the Landing form, you've got a nice idea.

I don't know if British Airways had a specific form.

If you find information with that topic They will be welcome.

Carbu Dispo = Fuel Available (good translation).

Mass ATT = Landing weight (one more good translation)

Carb mini Degt = Minimum fuel to alternate

Carb att = Fuel available for holding.

Temps att = Holding Time.

Procedure remise de gaz = TOGA procedure

Surcharge = overweighted landing.

Hope this help

When done, send me an example to validate and including in CPS if you want

Best Regards

Pierre

David Barnett

Hi Pierre. Got the new version, works fine with AS2012 now on the config thingy.

When time permits, I'll try and edit the france landing card to english. Then I'll let you know, and you can decide if it's OK to add in CPS.

This just keeps getting better and better.

Best,

David

Pierre Chassang

Hi David

Thanks for kind words,

Ok, with Landing card. I'll add so your name in the partners and thanks CPS list.

All the best

Pierre

Pierre Chassang

Hi mark767

I've downloaded the plans archive and tested one of each folder (FS Format) with FSX, and all looks good.

With FS9, no more troubles.

I need more details to help you.

Best Regards

Pierre

steveo

Hi, fantastic program

Regarding the zero distance on the route page, check to see if Microsoft netframe work is installed AND activated in programs/windows features. This also allows the INS calculations for the program to work too.

Also find that fuel calculation for short distances i.e. 1200 nms, seems a little low as I arrive at the destination already using the reserve.

I usually add around 5 to 6000 kgs extra to make up for this. Hey just a small glitch.

Great program though, like the take off and landing speed calculations, I see also gives the takeoff/ noise reduction throttle degrees & the time to reduce for the timer for each airport. Cool

Steve

David Barnett

Hi Pierre. No ned to add me to partners. I Thank You though.

I have searched all my documents and internest for an example of BA's Concorde Landing data card. Just don't see one.

Did they even use one? So, time permits. I'll try and edit the Air france one, to a generic english one..using a concorde/BA logo, with english translations.

That is the best I can do right now.

Best,

David

Mike Ionas

Where can one find the manual?

Ramón Cutanda

Where can one find the manual?

Inside the folder "Documentaton" wherever you installed Concorde Performance System. I guess it's inside Program files folder by default; I use a custom path.

Bests,

Mike Ionas

Got it! (I managed to miss the obvious..)

Thanks!

Pierre Chassang

Hello dear CPs users,

Take care because the manual is outdated and I presently rewrite a new one according to the latest version.

Have a look to video tutorials. Some are updated....

See Blog.

Best Regards

Pierre

cptawsom

I am trying to plan my first custom flight with the Concorde-X.

However, no matter what I do, I can't get the CPS to display the "Export to Concorde Loader" button, on the "Aircraft Balance" page.

I don't think I'm doing something wrong. All the numbers are within range (besides, I noticed that even if one isn't, CPS does not let the user get to the point of the "Aircraft Balance" page).

Ramón Cutanda

The "Export to Concorde Loader" has changed its location in the latest version.

1. Go to the tab "Take off / Landing performances"

2. Click on the button "Compute" for both "Take off" and "Landing"

3. When on "Report" tab you'll see a new button called "Export Data to Concorde" at the top.

Bests,

cptawsom

The "Export to Concorde Loader" has changed its location in the latest version.

1. Go to the tab "Take off / Landing performances"

As soon as I get into the Take-off page, a messagebox says:

"" n' est pas une valeur entiere valide ("" is not a valid option)

The textbox for the ICAO take-off airport is empty and it doesn't let me change it.

And if i dismiss the takeoff compute button and I press compute, another messagebox pops up, saying take-off is prohibited because airport altitude pressure is out of limits.

So I cannot press the take-off button, and in the report page again the first message box is displayed ("" is not a valid option).

So I can never load anything.

I'll revert back again to the latest 1.2.x, where at least the loader works. And at worst, I won't have a take-off sheet and a report.

cptawsom

And I found out when the above bug is reproduced:

It happens only when AS weather is selected.

When Real weather is selected, it works normally.

Derek Struye

Hmm..I'm getting an error when trying to Add Route this window pops up. See pic.

Edit: to be more clear, pressing on Add Route brings up the window to select my .pln file. When I click on the .pln file is when this error pops up.

Edit2: NM. I rebooted my PC, now all seems to be working properly.

Edit3: Quick question, I notice there is an English style Takeoff Form but no English style Landing form?

jp2FyTVDI509n.jpg

Charan Kumar

Hi Pierre,

i am have a similar problem to that of mark, attached is a plan that I am see the route on the map, but Grnd Distance is 0.

[flightplan]

title=KJFK to TNCM

description=KJFK, TNCM

type = IFR

routetype = 3

cruising_altitude=0

departure_id=KJFK, N40* 38.39', W73* 46.74', +000013.00

destination_id=TNCM, N18* 02.46', W63* 06.53', +000013.00

departure_name=New_York_John_F_Kennedy_Intl

destination_name=Princess_Juliana_Intl

waypoint.0=KJFK, A, N40* 38.39', W073* 46.74', +000000.00,

waypoint.1=SHIPP, I, N40* 19.77', W073* 14.84', +000000.00,

waypoint.2=LINND, I, N39* 24.59', W071* 42.63', +000000.00,

waypoint.3=SQUAD, I, N37* 59.89', W070* 34.95', +000000.00,

waypoint.4=DARUX, I, N36* 09.59', W069* 27.31', +000000.00,

waypoint.5=DASER, I, N34* 08.31', W067* 34.66', +000000.00,

waypoint.6=AWSOM, I, N33* 01.62', W067* 20.47', +000000.00, L459

waypoint.7=BOBBO, I, N32* 22.19', W067* 12.25', +000000.00, L459

waypoint.8=QRTET, I, N31* 45.14', W067* 04.64', +000000.00, L459

waypoint.9=CATZZ, I, N31* 04.95', W066* 56.50', +000000.00, L459

waypoint.10=SHEIL, I, N29* 54.59', W066* 42.53', +000000.00, L459

waypoint.11=TALSU, I, N24* 56.14', W065* 47.27', +000000.00, L459

waypoint.12=NUBUS, I, N23* 30.00', W065* 32.20', +000000.00, L459

waypoint.13=KEEKA, I, N22* 05.82', W065* 08.09', +000000.00, L459

waypoint.14=ODUCA, I, N21* 07.01', W064* 51.54', +000000.00, L459

waypoint.15=TNCM, A, N18* 02.46', W063* 06.53', +000000.00,

Mike Ionas

I have the same problem. Although the route is plotted on the map correctly, ground distance is 0 and the log below empty..

Pierre Chassang

Hello CPS Users,

I'll try to reply to all you questions.

@ Cptawsom #35,#36,#37: Did you fill and set all values in tabs previous of "Take off / Landing performances" one?

If not, this is the reason. I'll fix this problem the next version.

Please check the control panel WX setting too.

If error continue, let me know.

@VeryBumpy: Did you follow the procedure described in the latest video tutorial available on the CPS Blog?

I'm actually working on huge modification in " Add route" feature which wil no longer use PlanConverter and so will be much more easier.

I've never found BAW landing card.

One user is presently working to an English translation of the french card with a little BAW desing.

@Charan Kumar: just tried to add and load route to CPS.

All works well for me with your plan and version 1.3.2.0

@Mike Ionas: Could send me you pln file please?

Staying at your disposition

Best Regards

Pierre

Mike Ionas

Dear Pierre,

Thank you for the quick reply. I emailed you the .pln files.

Regards,

cptawsom

I'll try to reply to all you questions.

@ Cptawsom #35,#36,#37: Did you fill and set all values in tabs previous of "Take off / Landing performances" one?

If not, this is the reason. I'll fix this problem the next version.

Please check the control panel WX setting too.

If error continue, let me know.

Yes.

As I said, if AS is selected initially, the program, when it comes to the compute (take-off), it thinks that for the take-off airport some or all values are missing.

However, if you click to Real (and if you want back to AS), it (the program) refills these values, and lets the user then go on (do the final take-off computation).

Charan Kumar

Ok, thanks for the quick check. I think I must be missing some step. I will wait for your updated documentation before trying it out. Cheers and thanks for the work!!

Charan Kumar

Ok figured that out...the export of the plan converter has to go to the FSX\Civa\ADEU folder. I had mistakenly set it to go into CPS folders. Once I fixed that, GND distances shows up, and I can completely generate the whole flight.

Also, I did not have a default printer on the Sim computer. This was another problem. Installed CutePDF and now I can save the entire PDF package.

It's a brilliant piece of software, cheers Pierre!! And Ramon, once again, thanks for bringing it to our notice :)