The Incredible Time Machine Called Concorde (World Tour)

Ramón Cutanda

Ramón Cutanda

On November 26th, 11:10 am, Concorde G-BOAF took off from Heathrow following her usual route to New York. At the point of supersonic acceleration she turned and followed the classic Bay of Biscay tour before heading towards Filton. But before making the final approach, Concorde flew over Bristol. Then, finally touched down at the place where she and all of her sisters were born. Filton. Home.

At 13:00, Captain Les Brodie landed the last Concorde ever built and the last to soar the skies thus closing the first and so far last chapter of supersonic commercial aircraft (no offence to the Tupolev Tu-144)

Today, exactly 9 years after that sad moment, I'd like to share with you my personal tribute: a World Tour designed to be flown using Concorde-X.

As some of you may recall, I made my first flight with Concorde-X just a couple of weeks ago; but I've been daring enough as for designing and sharing this World Tour. Sure it'll be filled with errors... but hopefully I'll be able to improve it with your help :-)

I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did designing it :-)

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

www.ramoncutanda.com/alz/concorde/TheadmirabletimemachinecalledConcorde.html

Jean L. Leborne

Bravo for your great job Ramon !

Just an observation related to your warning about Concorde online flying that you do not recommend.

"Because of all particulars Concorde features stated above, it is NOT recommended to fly this tour online unless you are willing and are able to make all the necessary arrangements with ATCs for each flight. If you do not, conflicts with ATCs are guaranteed."

I fly Concorde online most of the time (IVAO). To avoid ATC conflicts I recommend to mention somewhere in your FPL, among all the rest :

1) your acceleration point over unpopulated or desertic areas

2) the cruise climb at M2 up to FL600 which means FL600 is a target you may not reach depending the current delta ISA and the FL may fluctuate with ups and downs

3) your deceleration point over unpopulated or desertic areas

If necessary kindly ask the ATC guys who does not quite understand the supersonic flight particularities to have a deeper look at your FPL and give him some basic and cordial explanations related.

Best regards

Ramón Cutanda

@ontheair: Thanks so much for your suggestions. I've updated the section "online / offline" with your text. I hope you won't mind :-)

Regards,

Craig Baillie

This looks excellent; the world tour is on my to-do list. I don't think it will be done any time soon, but I'll look at your site for some guidance when I do.

Ramon thanks for your amazing work. Looking forward to meet your @M2 FL600

Ramón Cutanda

Thanks for your kind comments. Right now I'm working on a improvement of the routes so that SIDs and STARs can be used more easily. I had used SIDs and STARs in a PMDG 737 before. But that was easy... I only had to select the SID/STAR assigned by ATC in the FMC and fly it. Piece of cake!!! But doing it in Concorde is a big challenge for me. I can hardly read a chart... But I think I've just got the gist of it and I think I will probably have the update ready by next week.

Sorry for the inconvenience... I'm just a newbie!!!

Regards,

• 3 weeks later...
Ramón Cutanda

I’ve reviewed all routes so that they all start and end in a common fix to official SIDs and STARs (AIRAC 1212). If a common fix to all runways is not available, then a fix for ILS runways have been given priority. Also, a SID an STAR is SUGGESTED in all stages

The SIDs and STARs proposed are only and exactly that: PROPOSALS. Actual SIDs and STARs will always be provided of course by ATC. But knowing which ones are more likely to be assigned makes choosing and reading charts quicker and easier.

Regards,