cpt.ghost24

Karl Brooker

Congratulations on your graduation! I'm keeping my eye on this thread as I'm very interested to see what can come out of it. :)

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jordan Chin

• cpt.ghost24

• Chris Hulme

• Vonduck

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've got the Extreme 3D Pro and I use it left-handed all the time. It's fine, I just only enable the trigger for PTT and the right-hand top button for AP disconnect and turn the rest off. We had

blank  

Had a steering tiller printed now, spray painted it black, as well as the sidestick. Next plan is to mount them together in a box painted up li

Posted Images

Jordan Chin

Here's a link to the STL files for printing: https://drive.google...dit?usp=sharing

Anyone that wants to do a test print to see how it turns out is welcome to (Let me know if anything needs to be refined). Post some pics if you do!

approx. L: 110mm W: 78mm H: 120mm

Cheers!

Thanks Carl!

Jordan Chin

@kjjj11223344 I'm using v2.65 if that helps. The stick itself is actually smaller in dimensions than the default cube and the import function doesn't delete files already in the scene. If you imported it already then just delete the cube and zoom in (or select the object and hit the '.' on the numpad).

Alfredo Terrero

I get you, thanks for the help. As far as the dimensions go, it looks very nice to me (I'm no airbus pilot though), so nice job. Although, I can't see the color on it; I see it in a gray color.

Jordan Chin

Exporting it as an STL file removes the colour unfortunately. My guess is because not all 3d printers inject colour into the object.

Alfredo Terrero

Exporting it as an STL file removes the colour unfortunately. My guess is because not all 3d printers inject colour into the object.

That makes sense. Well, once again, nice job. I wish I had access to a 3d printer so I could do a test print and see how it comes out.
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok guys, pre-final shots. let me know if anything needs to be fixed. Lets see if you can find that mistake I made ;). I didn't realize until looking back at the real shots.

Back-1.png

Front-1.png

Side.png

Top.png

Render-1.png

it looks great! and very accurate,would you mind to share this 3D model with us?

Jordan Chin

it looks great! and very accurate,would you mind to share this 3D model with us?

I already did. And that's the 1st version of the model I did btw. The topography didn't look too great to me, so I redid the model. Updated screenshot here and you can download the stl file for printing here.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...
Chris Hulme

I already did. And that's the 1st version of the model I did btw. The topography didn't look too great to me, so I redid the model. Updated screenshot here and you can download the stl file for printing here.

Cheers!

Just come back to this thread, Im looking into getting one printed, if I succeed I shall take one to work and compare with the real thing!

I've actually found it a bit different in the A330. The simulator stick has a little weight on it because its old but when I've flown the 330, the sidestick is soooo light and has no feedback, like using a fs joystick with no feedback really. I've never flown the 320 but my friends that do tell me the stick feel is similar and the aircraft is even more responsive... which I guess could be expected of its size

Chris Hulme

Awesome! Looking forward to your result super_dude!

I was chatting to one of the captains at work who has kindly agreed to print one of these for me. Only issue is mounting a PTT trigger and button, any ideas how this could be achieved? I'm looking to strip down a Logitech attack joystick, same as the one on the 1st page of this topic so the actual buttons etc arnt an issue just somehow routing the wires and mounting the PTT on a spring? There also seems to be an issue with the scale when he imported it into the printer software?

Philippe Gleize

A bit off topic guys but I decided to buy the cockpitsonic sidestick and it's a very good piece of engineering. It's very close to the real deal in term of feeling and force at an affordable price. The shape of the stick itself is exactly the real one. Same for gasket.

Jordan Chin

The only solution can think of to the PTT trigger is to remove it off the model (leaving the space for it to be fitted back in). Regarding the scale, too small? Too big?

Bob Lyddy

Hi guys,

Just replaced my Logitech Extreme 3D PRO by a Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog.... full metal casing.... stunning :-))

I too have the Warthog and you will not be disappointed.... ;)

Gregory Bally

I too have the Warthog and you will not be disappointed.... ;)

I am not :) ... bought the joystick only since TM offer now that possibility and use my saitek throttles and combat pedals.

• 2 weeks later...
Chris Hulme

hi, B)

Hello :)

The only solution can think of to the PTT trigger is to remove it off the model (leaving the space for it to be fitted back in). Regarding the scale, too small? Too big?

Was something to do with the scaling but its fine now hes managed to import it. Would it be possible then to get a version with no trigger or AP disc button? So I can fit my own?

Thanks

Richard Williams

I bought the Logitech Attack 3 because its shape (and ambidexterity so it suits Captain's side) was very close to the Airbus. I have to say it is not only similar in shape and style (and basically the same handle as the Extreme Pro) to the Airbus stick, but it is also nicely stiff. I also like the fact it has no twist as this seriously affects accurate control.

And the double bonus? All this cost me £8.00 for a (VERY nearly) brand new one off eBay!!

I do get tempted to add the thumbgrip, maybe using milliput and some paint from time to time, but it's so darn close I don't worry. The only real difference is that the shaft is not as thick.

I would strongly recommend it to anyone for Airbus flight.

Jordan Chin

I can provide the blender file so anyone can modify it to their liking. If distributing it, just keep me in the credit lol.

• 2 weeks later...
hekokimushi

hi,

i fly this stick everyday too.

and would like a print of this for home to keep... am able to take picture of this stick if of any assistance.

the side view of the 3D pic seen in above seems a little thin.

unable to post any pictures. and no web space, dunno if google drive works

can i send some pics to Jordan? i used to be an electronics engineer and used Autocad before. but put it down for 10 years.

let me know.

cheers

h

• 3 months later...
Francois Goudal

Hi Jordan

I sent the STL to a 3D printing company but they queried it because the sizes came out in millimetres!! I got Delta dimensions of X=5.293mm Y=3.304mm Z=3.073 if that helps make sense?

Thanks

Richard

I would recommend that you try Sculpteo (www.sculpteo.com). I uploaded the STL on their website and they are able to properly process the file with the right dimensions.

Amazingly enough, trying to print this with a black resin would only cost 15 USD

The only problem with this STL is that it has a "built-in" AP disconnect button and trigger. We should get it modified to instead have a hole that would allow a real red push button to be mounted, and maybe also a real trigger (and also have a little wire path inside the stick for those two switches.

• 3 weeks later...
Flight_1986

I would recommend that you try Sculpteo (www.sculpteo.com). I uploaded the STL on their website and they are able to properly process the file with the right dimensions.

Amazingly enough, trying to print this with a black resin would only cost 15 USD

The only problem with this STL is that it has a "built-in" AP disconnect button and trigger. We should get it modified to instead have a hole that would allow a real red push button to be mounted, and maybe also a real trigger (and also have a little wire path inside the stick for those two switches.

Have you purchased these from Sculpteo yet? I uploaded it and not bad $12 for a print, since the STL includes 2 sidesticks, not sure if they would print both or just one side, have you inquired with them at all on the process?

Thanks

Arslan

• 2 weeks later...
Ryfitzger227

How do I get this stl file? I'd like to get one of these printed - $12 is amazing!! Is there a way to just get the captain side printed? And how does the radio trigger come? Will it be a separate piece or will they have it on there?

I too think there should be something to where we can run the wires through the sidestick and I honestly don't think it would be that hard to make the trigger functional. Digikey and other electronics websites has a wide variety of switches and buttons that could work for this project.

Thanks.

- Ryan

craiggear

Anyone else using the Logitech Attack 3 and is having real Airbus or FFS experience and can compare the feeling?

It looks similar to the Extreme 3D Pro but there are some differences ("hand plate" on both sides, no 3rd axis, different knob layout).

It's quite hard "centred" and if you release it, the stick will "jump" back into centre position.

125129-logitech-attack-3-8260.jpg

I use this and I like it. The Logitech Extreme 3d Pro looks like it's for right hand control only. It's got that stupid thumb switch. It would be OK if allowed for left hand use.

• 2 months later...
Richard Williams

I've got the Extreme 3D Pro and I use it left-handed all the time. It's fine, I just only enable the trigger for PTT and the right-hand top button for AP disconnect and turn the rest off.

We had a 3D printer at work on trial today, guess what I printed ;)

Thought I'd share the results!

cg2ffhT.jpg

Not a bad STL file, sir! Just needed to scale it up to around 120mm and it printed fine... Took about 5.5 hours on our Makerbot though! Just need to drill it out for fitting on my joystick now - buttons are going to be a pain!

• Like 4
Jordan Chin

OH MY GOSH! That looks AWESOME! It came out great. Glad my stl worked for you. Looking forward to more results from you.

• Like 1

Could Phillippe Gleize provide little Review (and some photos :)) about the above mentioned (page 8 on this topic) cockpitonic joystick?

How is the quality compared to the hotas warthog?

Do you have any spike problems?

Thanks

Philippe Gleize

Sorry guys, it would be unfair to do a review for only one stick, considering there are many providers available. A becnhmark would be more appropriate and I prefer let the magazins doing that job (I am busy with coding at the moment :)) Moreover the FSL website is not the right place to do such review or advertisement.

Richard Williams

Glad you liked the picture... the finish is very rough, so I am going to primer it and paint it with enamel paint to make it shiny when I've finished hacking holes and running wires... Will post further updates!