When?

Yob

I am asking this, because i have very little money and don't want to spend on something different and then the A320-X comes out, which would annoy me, please note this is not a I WANT NOW, but a polite question to know if it will come out in 3 months or more so i can buy some other addon's that i really like.

Thanks Elijah Ormandy

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Karl Brooker

• Alec246

• Andrew Wilson

• FLEX2503

Dave Taylor

No developers will ever give you a predicted date for completion. Software perfection is as unstable as a derelict building unless it is tested to destruction.

FSlabs hold the honour of producing the best and this one will be no exception.

Testing starts in the Alpha stage and goes on while devs correct bugs but in doing so, it sometimes their corrections creates new bugs which in turn have to be fixed. By promising you the product by a certain time can increase stress for the builders that is not conducive to good development. If this happens devs., can lose concentration to produce the product they have promised.

Airbus by it's nature of full FBW is a unique challenge on it's own. Many have failed to develop a realistic simulation. FSlabs version will be the absolute 'tops' when it is finished and like everything worth waiting for, the A320 from FSlabs will be the best.

So to answer this question in true devs language, "It'll be ready when it's finished".

No developers will ever give you a predicted date for completion. Software perfection is as unstable as a derelict building unless it is tested to destruction.

FSlabs hold the honour of producing the best and this one will be no exception.

Testing starts in the Alpha stage and goes on while devs correct bugs but in doing so, it sometimes their corrections creates new bugs which in turn have to be fixed. By promising you the product by a certain time can increase stress for the builders that is not conducive to good development. If this happens devs., can lose concentration to produce the product they have promised.

Airbus by it's nature of full FBW is a unique challenge on it's own. Many have failed to develop a realistic simulation. FSlabs version will be the absolute 'tops' when it is finished and like everything worth waiting for, the A320 from FSlabs will be the best.

So to answer this question in true devs language, "It'll be ready when it's finished".

I'm glad they haven't given release dates, it's best as it stops getting peoples hopes up then they get a delay :(

I'm glad they haven't given release dates, it's best as it stops getting peoples hopes up then they get a delay :(

Yup as seen in Aerosoft forums, however im not trying to bring Aerosoft in disgrace here, i have a lot of there products, i just mean all the husstle that it will give when there is a delay...

Marcel Semelka

From Facebook page

I really hope this means the product is almost finished

Hope so too...

Would love to see some new pictures or videos, but i think they will not show them until the competetors releasing their plane, so that nobody will copy their techniques...

Karl Brooker

I'm really not sure that starting to 'paint' their liveries is an indicator as to the progress of the product. External model - yes sure, one could hazard a guess this is complete if they're now putting effort into the graphics. Internal and systems are a different thing though.

I, for one, think we will hear about a new system, or get more of an in-depth preview, within an hour of Aerosoft finally releasing their "Extended" version. Certainly happened in the past :P a marketing stance I enjoy.

just a question, I was watching the presentation made at Aerosoft convention by Lefteris Kalamaras, and he stated that its been two years working in the project and that everyone will be asking when ? the answer would be in the fourth quarter of 2012 anything between November and December ,and most probably November my question is are we still in the timeframe, or this was just a prediction? thank you. "I was just quoting Lefteris".

just a question, I was watching the presentation made at Aerosoft convention by Lefteris Kalamaras, and he stated that its been two years working in the project and that everyone will be asking when ? the answer would be in the fourth quarter of 2012 anything between November and December ,and most probably November my question is are we still in the timeframe, or this was just a prediction? thank you. "I was just quoting Lefteris".

I would also be interested in the answer to this post... :P

I hate to state the obvious, but "most probably November" is unlikely it seems, since that means it's being released tomorrow, and there'd probably be some indications on here if that were the case.

Best hope is for sometime in December based on the above statements by Lefteris, I think.

I'm waiting for the December Update from the Team, not a reply to a topic asking when, but a fixed topic covering this estimated release date, if they release the Bus in this december, I believe in Santa Claus!! :D:lol:

Robbie Garrett

Personally I would hazard a guess, the A32X is in BETA stage. There a few members of the BETA Team that have forum signatures stating they are BETA testers*. As well as the fact painting of liveries from some aircraft would probably mean that it's probably not far from completion....

Robbie Garrett

The BETA tester signature has been with me since working on Concorde X.

Oops, only just noticed it.. But has the A320 been there? ;)

These complex addons are being Beta Tested all the time, as features are being included. It's better to correct as you're programming something than to discover only months after that the whole logic is wrong.

Karl Brooker

With my application with BA Virtual now submitted, my desire for the A320 is growing ever stronger.

In fact, I may wet myself in anticipation!

Andrew Wilson

Some of our aircraft are in the paint shop (which we did state on our Facebook page only a few weeks ago).

We're waiting for them to come back before sharing any more screenshots - our graphics artists had some suggestions for the paint kit to make it easier to use, which has meant a little more work than we anticipated, but we're back on track now to getting our first few A320-X's airborne in some colours!

In terms of When? - it is company policy not to share our internal schedules, so all I can tell you is that we are making very good progress. Remember, we're keeping news on this one quite close to our chest, simply because the product contains so many innovations and neat little features.

I've read a lot of people saying 'Why should I care for such details, I won't notice them'. You will - there are so many, it creates an immersion factor not really experienced before within MSFS. For example, I flew a two hour engineering test flight with our A320-X yesterday evening and got into a bit of trouble on the takeoff run. You'll have seen the crews on the A320 series spool the engines to 50% first before applying takeoff power, and for good reason - if you have an older engine on one side it will take longer to spool up. Spooling to 50% first ensures both engines stabilise before applying takeoff power. Well, I had skipped the 50%, gone straight to TOGA and sure enough, one of the engines hadn't been reset (or 'Serviced') like the other had, so there was quite a difference in the spool up time to TOGA, making it very difficult to stay on the runway until both engines were at speed.

Another surprise caught my eye when I lowered the landing gear - in fact I got straight on the phone to Lefteris because it was something I hadn't seen before - and he confirmed it was a new feature he'd added last month. Very neat - you'll love it!

So you see - these small details, collectively, make a big difference! Oh, and the results from the engineering test flight - the systems we were testing operated within a margin of 0.2% error compared with results from the real aircraft. So there's still room for improvement ;)

Anyway, I digress - some updates to follow when we get something back from the paint shop in the next few weeks.

Arunit Mukherjee

Thanx for the update.. Andrew. about the different spool up time..are you planning to implement "THE SAC, and DAC" separately in CFM 56B models cause both will cause difference in spool time. And regarding failures shall we get the option of random failures "PMDG type" , actually its imp for my currency checks at work! ;) Cheers!

Andrew Wilson

warp9,

We'll be shipping the initial version with CFM56-5B4/3's, used on one of the aircraft we're basing our simulation upon (the other using IAE engines of course). Once the base A320-X product is selling, we may well look into the possibility of producing addon modules, one of which could support the /P and /2P variants of the CFM56 engine you describe in addition to some other functionality that some engine variants support (Boost for example).

Right now our efforts are focused entirely on developing the core components for the A320-X. We'll investigate the possibility of supporting options to the A320 family after release.

Robbie Garrett

Thanks for the update Andrew. That does provide quite an insight into how amazing this will be once released.

One question however, system requirement wise.. I run Concorde X with so far no problems at all, runs really really smooth. I take it the A32X won't be as punishing as Concorde X is?

Alfredo Terrero

Thanks for the reply Smiffy. I have recently been using dx 10 thanks to the fixes a member of the avsim forums has posted. Hopefully it does work (another company's famous addon isn't officially supported in dx 10, yet it works perfectly.) If for some reason it doesn't work correctly, then I'll use dx 9 when flying this bus, as it's too good to pass up.