Around The World Club - A Virtual Flight Challenge!

StuartB

Hello there,

I have been flying flight sims since the heady days of Psion's Flight Simulator on the ZX81, way back in the early 80's. In all that time, I've never completed an around the world series of flights. I've read about people doing it, but never seemed to get round to do it myself. Recently, I decided to give it a go, using only general aviation aircraft, and I wanted the legs to get me off the beaten track, as well as visiting some of the more well known destinations. Having decided that I would give it a go, I wanted some way of recording the effort, and I came up with the idea of using phpVMS (a virtual airline management web application) to record my progress. That lead to someone suggesting that I open the challenge up for others to take part in, so I did.

Basically, anyone with FSX. FS9 or X-Plane can register an account, and take part in the challenge. The challenge comprises of 147 flights, visiting 80 countries, with a limited choice of prop aircraft. The aircraft are as follows:

• Mooney Bravo
  • Cessna 208B Grand Caravan
  • Beechcraft Baron 58

There is no time limit on how long the challenge should be completed, or any minimum flight hour requirements. There are routes available for the flights, but these are advisory and you can fly your own routes as long as you log them in our custom ACARS package. All pilots become prospects upon signing up, and can only become full members once they have successfully completed the challenge. I'll be creating other new challenges too, as time goes by.

I hope this sounds appealing, and if it does, come on over and get flying! The website addy is: http://www.aroundtheworldclub.co.uk

Thanks,

Stu