Is My Pc Good Enough For Playing Fsx With Add-Ons?

Maurice

Hi everyone!

I do not know if it is right when I post this topic here in this section but, nevertheless...

I ask myself if my PC is good enough to play the FSX with add ons like Mega Airports, GE etc. and of course the upcoming FlightSimLabs A320 fluently without having any annoying (framerate)-stutters.

I also do not want to abandon good grafics.

My PC: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium - GTX550TI - 8GB RAM - i7-3770 (with turbo boost 3.9 GhZ)

I hope for your help.

Thank you in advanced and kind regards,

Maurice

Should be good enough with that i7 boosted, 3.9 Ghz is pretty good and 8Gb is enough.

FSX sucks CPU not GPU GTX550 is good enough as well.

I think it's difficult to get any computer to run FSX maxed out and dont forget it's 32b architecture.

I am just about to build a new system and can't decide ATI or Nvidia. They both seem to have loyal followers, the new Nvid 690 is a beast but very expensive. Has 3 DVI output @ 2200x1600 but I don't know if FSX would go beyond or even upto that over 3 monitors which is a whopping 6660x 1600.

At the end of the day, frame rate is most important for me, I can live without little cars passing underneath. I'll let you know how mine is running once it's set up and what the specs are. It usually takes me about 2 weeks to do a fresh install given all the 3rd party add ons like Scenery, FSUIPC and aircraft etc. I do a lot of tweaking ref performance with the .cfg but am hoping this time I just have enough juice to run it normally @ 25fps with the scenery ramped up

Cheers

B

Hi BriDXB!

Thank you for your kind answer! Really happy to hear this. In consideration of the developers (e.g PMDG, CaptainSim, FlightSimLabs etc.) which more and more stop developing and supporting products for the FS2004 due to several reasons, I think it is time to make a change and switch over to the FSX. Especially because of the upcoming FlightSimLabs A3XX which going to be the best product on the FS-market, I think.

Yes, you are right. There is no computer on which you can play the FSX fluently without any interruptions (stutters, framerate incursions...).

Unfortunately, I am not very well versed in the matter of FSX tweaking.

Can you give me some tips or tweaks for the fsx cfg or my NVIDIA settings?

Kind Regards,

Maurice

GranDaddyPurp

For tweaking the FSX cfg, you can use this http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html and then follow this guide if you want to http://www.simforums...topic29041.html

Now as for the NVIDIA settings, there's a good post on AVSIM about it. A lot of people are saying it works very well. I'll try and find the link for you and update this post.

Here it is! http://forum.avsim.net/topic/370594-read-before-posting-software-hardware-guide-for-fsx/

Hi BriDXB!

Thank you for your kind answer! Really happy to hear this. In consideration of the developers (e.g PMDG, CaptainSim, FlightSimLabs etc.) which more and more stop developing and supporting products for the FS2004 due to serveral reasons, I think it is time to make a change and switch over to the FSX. Especially because of the upcoming FlightSimLabs A3XX which going to be the best product on the FS-market, I think.

Yes, you are right. There is no computer on which you can play the FSX fluently without any interruptions (stutters, framerate incursions...).

Unfortunately, I am not very well versed in the matter of FSX tweaking.

Can you give me some tips or tweaks for the fsx cfg or my NVIDIA settings?

Kind Regards,

Maurice

Edited by GranDaddyPurp

Thank you again for those links! But I do have another problem now: The FSX does not apply the changes I have made in my NVDIA Inspector ( 1.9.6.6).

I have used the "MS Flight Simulator X" profile, I have checked if the correct "fsx.exe" is selected and I have tried it via a new profile. But nothing has changed.

Can anybody help me regarding this issue?

GranDaddyPurp

Thank you again for those links! But I do have another problem now: The FSX does not apply the changes I have made in my NVDIA Inspector ( 1.9.6.6).

I have used the "MS Flight Simulator X" profile, I have checked if the correct "fsx.exe" is selected and I have tried it via a new profile. But nothing has changed.

Can anybody help me regarding this issue?

Honestly, I can't help you there since I have an AMD rig, but maybe someone else can help you or you can try on the AVSIM forums.