Some More News...

Lefteris Kalamaras

Lefteris Kalamaras

Hi all,

it's now Monday evening and we're safely home after a nice journey back from Munich, where a big part of the FSLabs crew had a chance to meet and greet those of you who attended the 10th Aerosoft Flight Simulation Conference.

Our good friends at Aerosoft had asked us if we could give a demonstration of the upcoming A320-X for their audience and we welcomed the opportunity, as we unveiled a lot of the technical details on what's going on behind the curtains, as well as, for the first time, a good look on the visual accuracy that accompanies what we consider the next step ahead in Flight Simulation.

The technical part of the demonstration included discussions on what it takes to make such a complex aircraft come to life within FSX - Advances that take place outside the limited realm of the FSX flight and engine models, discussions on the ARINC protocols which make up the heart of our systems and gauge communications and can potentially allow our systems to connect to external hardware, the extensibility of the product itself - details that are way too many to list here, but will make the more science-minded of you appreciate how deep our simulation goes - above and beyond anything that has been seen so far inside FSX.

While those details are the core of our product, they are not easily visible - at least not as easily as the part that is more readily recognizable by our simmers - namely, the external model and virtual cockpit. As such, I'm very happy to share with you for the first time some screenshots of our A320-X that we're sure will shed some light on the complexity and detail we're putting in our product. Keeping in mind that these are shots of our product still in development, we hope they will give you a renewed idea of exciting things to come!

post-13-028196300 1332800293.jpg

post-13-059088700 1332800305.jpg

post-13-056322600 1332800328.jpg

post-13-065320500 1332800340.jpg

post-13-080876400 1332800361.jpg

post-13-002933900 1332800386.jpg

post-13-057562600 1332800407.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew Wilson

• Mandag

• Lefteris Kalamaras

• Chris Howard

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, it's now Monday evening and we're safely home after a nice journey back from Munich, where a big part of the FSLabs crew had a chance to meet and greet those of you who attended the 10th Aero

Congratulations. It´s an excellent job, as expected of FSLabs. And that´s just on the out, safe operation is even better. I have my money ready.

Willy- just to clarify- we've modeled all circuit breakers, capacitors, relays. We won't make all of them work - some have no meaning for a simulator. Just the important ones will, depending on the

Posted Images

Chris Howard

Wow!!!!

She is looking sweet FSL!

Realy really REALLY look forward to having this work of art in the virtual hanger!Finally, A team who Will give us a proper A320 for MSFS!

Congratulations and keep up the excellent work!

(Cannot wait)

Kali nichta!

Chris Howard

awsome, can't wait to see the overhead now. Just want more hehe

+1 me too.

Any chance i can buy it and fly it on my birthday Lefteris?? Aug 9?? 34 y/o but you wouldn't think so!! :lol::P

Alan Bradbury

Nice to see it progressing. Looking forward to seeing it completed, when you pull this one off with working systems like the real bird, the FS community is going to want to deify you!

Al

That's what I've been waiting to see for ages!! Looks amazing, Hard to believe there's finally going to have a Full Simulation of an Airbus inside FS!!

At the conference, there was probably an actual demonstration live with the aircraft being flown by someone, or just messing around with the buttons, right? If so, did you make any videos of that so we can see it in motion?

Xiropillo

Good morning,

Just in case you can have a look, could you please check the shape of the line under the emergency exists where the wing is in contact with the body? I think it should be more curved and not so close to the wing

If you don't understand what I mean, I would try to explain by pictures.

Thanks and congratulations for this project.

Xiropillo

The Airbus has to be the most difficult aircraft in history to get the model right. Every one that has been developed I have seen people saying there's something wrong with the nose, with the size of the wheel, etc, etc. Wow, I think not even Airbus can draw it the same again :P

Aurelien Vandoorine

very nice. I'm glad to see some news about the aircraft which is always good :D

Is there by any chance (maybe someone from the team) that filmed the conference ? Would be nice to see it for those like me that could not be there :)

Got the credit card ready.....almost dont care how she looks or what line goes where...as long as it is a true representation of the A320 and its systems....I just dont do much flying on external view to care about that sort of thing... B)

Wow - the Virtual Cockpit looks fantastic. I'd love to sit in there and fly this tiny plane around for hours and hours :) Now if it flies like an airbus there's no doubt - it IS the first great airbus for fsx.

Great work, keep it up B)

rafael fuentes

Congratulations. It´s an excellent job, as expected of FSLabs. And that´s just on the out, safe operation is even better.

I have my money ready.

• Confused 1
Tim Smith

Guys this looks amazing. Ive been following every airbus project closely over the last 4 years or so, each time to be dissapointed. But it looks like you have finally acheived what has so far been impossible. A faithful representation of an Airbus not just graphically but system wise. I applaud you on your apparent achievement,

I just cant get over those VC shots. They look so real, and the resolution on those external textures is very impressive. Looks like, graphially at least, this product will be able to hold its own amongst the best currently out there. Im really loving the standby instruments.

Andrew Wilson

That's what I've been waiting to see for ages!! Looks amazing, Hard to believe there's finally going to have a Full Simulation of an Airbus inside FS!!

Those of you who have flown our Concorde-X product will know what to expect in terms of system fidelity on our A320-X – but let me tell you, what we have done on the A320 far surpasses the detail found on the Concorde.

We have modeled every switch, every contactor, every valve, actuator, pump, generator, relay, circuit breaker, capacitor – the level of detail we have gone to on this thing is mind blowing. We have even developed simulation models of the fuel and hydraulic liquid that flow around the aircraft.

Our A320 will boast a new Jet Engine Simulation Program, developed specifically for the A3XX series that takes the engine simulation away from FSX entirely. We have recorded thousands of engine parameters for both CFM and IAE engine types and have modeled each variant to a very high specification.

We are very excited about this product and all of the features we have added. We believe, this is the only way to develop a true to life simulation of the A320.

Thanks for the information. The screens looks incredible in my eyes. Hope you had a nice time in Germany and had also some "Weisswürstchen and Brezeln " before lunch.

Greetings from Hannover

Bodo

rafael fuentes

Those of you who have flown our Concorde-X product will know what to expect in terms of system fidelity on our A320-X – but let me tell you, what we have done on the A320 far surpasses the detail found on the Concorde.

We have modeled every switch, every contactor, every valve, actuator, pump, generator, relay, circuit breaker, capacitor – the level of detail we have gone to on this thing is mind blowing. We have even developed simulation models of the fuel and hydraulic liquid that flow around the aircraft.

Our A320 will boast a new Jet Engine Simulation Program, developed specifically for the A3XX series that takes the engine simulation away from FSX entirely. We have recorded thousands of engine parameters for both CFM and IAE engine types and have modeled each variant to a very high specification.

We are very excited about this product and all of the features we have added. We believe, this is the only way to develop a true to life simulation of the A320.

That is precisely what differentiates FSLabs of the other developers, over a good visual that anyone can get, is the authentic simulation, flight system. That is what we expect and we know you will get.

Margarita Fiotaki

Great!but I think some thing not the same with real aircraft on external model.

Sorry for my pool English

Thank you for the constructive criticism! We are aware of these, as well as other similar small issues, however we didn't want to keep you waiting any longer. I'd like to remind you the product is still in development, so reserve judgement until you see the finished and polished model. :)

Alex Ridge

The exterior model looks gr8, a big improvment from the earlier screens.

It is fantastic you showing us these shots, when they are still in alpha,

Could you confirm that the textures in the VC are incomplete? I am really wanting to see a little more complex shading, with a weathered look.

Alex

Lefteris Kalamaras

Alex,

thanks for the compliments!

Everything is still in development (so the textures in the VC as well) - however, permit us to hold some aces up our sleeve regarding the weathered look - I am pretty sure you'll really be pleasantly surprised by the final product! (Yes, that was a hint :) ).

Christian Stoff

Thanks for the update. I'm impressed :)

So does this mean we can even pull a circuit breaker inside the VC and see the proper logical consequences of this action? :o

Best regards,

Christian

Gregory Bally

This is amazing ! Thank you very much for bringing such a long awaited Airbus to the community.

Do you confirm the bus will be Prepa3d compatible because with their new Academic version @49 USD, that's the sim of the future ;-)

Greg

Magnus Kj

Hmm, TBH I haven't touched MSFS in years now but as the Airbus A320 is my favourite aircraft this might be a reason to get into flight simming again. Even though it will probably be the last addon I'll buy and the only one I'll install (along with REX and some Mega Airports).

Btw I hope I can expect to see a Finnair repaint at release. :)

Sidharth Raju

Really looking forward to this ! We have been waiting for real airbus simulation for ages.. FS labs I believe will meet all our expectations... We don't know how far the development has progressed but but after reading Andrew's post I bet it has progressed more and They know what they have to do to get it up for us:)

Keep it up FSlabs .. I know this will be the most Advanced Airbus for FSX ever !

Delta777LR

Those pics are sweet. This looks like its going to be an awesome sim. I usually push the heavy Boeing iron, but this one has got me changing my mind on that one. Good work guys. Can't wait to get my hands on it. ;)

• Lefteris Kalamaras unpinned this topic