Sign in to follow this  
Tripple7

Unlicensed Product

Tripple7

Hi Lefteris,

My CP flight MCP and EFIS are not working.

All the software is in the right place. My old key is in the FSX FSlab folder but the software tells me that I have a unlicensed product.

The hardware is working and connected to com port 3.

Does it have anything to do that I loaded the 747-800 version or the fact that I have another MCP set with a different serial number?

Hope to hear soon from you.

Best regards, Nico

Lefteris Kalamaras

Nico,

you have TWO MCP hardware units both connected at the same time? If yes, the driver will look for the one connected to the port you specify in the driver dialog window...

Tripple7

No I do not have two MCP's connected. My old one was damaged so I bought a new set on the secondhand market.

So I have another MCP+EFIS set with a different serial number.

This set is perfectly connected but I think my key is not working with this one. My key is in the root of my FSX FS labs folder.

Lefteris Kalamaras

The way the software protection works, each driver license is tied to the hardware serial number.

Regards,

Tripple7

Thats nice and now? I was not planning to spend another 59 euro just because I have a new MCP & EFIS.

I even have the old keys (yes I have two) for you to prove that I am the owner of the software.

And this software is absolutely not going to be used for somebody else!

I hope you can help me.

Best regards Nico

Lefteris Kalamaras

Nico,

I understand your request.

When you purchased the second MCP, did you complain to CPFlight that you had already bought a first one, so you wouldn't have to purchase a second one? Did you ask for a refund for the first, broken one?

The reason I am asking (it would be as easy for us to issue you a new license as it would be for CPFlight to send you a replacement MCP) is that we don't have any verification method to know that you didn't simply sell the older MCP unit somewhere else, along with the license, now needing a new one - for free, nor is it as straightforward to consider a method (barring sending us your old MCP) as proof that it didn't happen.

I understand this argument might not be understood and you might still gripe about it. However, it's time people started realizing that a software product is not "thin air" - it costs a LOT of time to create and its costs are not recuperated by the price tag it carries, by any means... so I apologize if that finds you against that policy, but it is what it is... a new piece of hardware will require a new license.

Tripple7

Lefteris,

Let me be clear to you. I totally understand your (FSlabs) situation and the same for all other software/driver/hardware makers.

As I told you in an earlier reply I bought the second one on a secondhand market in Holland.

Me and my familie moved from one house to another and during that move something happened with the box containing my flightsimstuff. The MCP and more things where so damaged that it was no use to send it to CPflight for a replacement.

Because I was so pissed off with what happened with my hardware I bought a secondhand one thinking that I could use the driver also for that one.

That is the story and sorry for me I can not make it any nicer.

Best regards Nico de Graaff