Fsx Deluxe & Windows 7 64-Bit

Brandon Garcia

Brandon Garcia

I just purchased Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit as my current Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit is holding me back by not allowing me to use Concorde-X, but just before I went to installed it I did the following little research:

I just checked on MS' website and it says that FSX Deluxe is NOT compatible with 64-bit Windows, but it says that FSX Acceleration IS compatible with 64-bit Windows 7. See here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Software&p=Microsoft%20Flight%20Simulator%20X%3a%20Acceleration&v=Microsoft&uid=10&l=en&pf=0π=1&c=PC%20Gaming&sc=Simulation%20%26%20Driving&os=64-bit

Is this accurate info from MS?

My confidence in Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit is a bit unbalanced at this time.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I have seen in just the last week that this is an awesome forum filled with a lot of knowledgeable helpful people.

Brandon

Lefteris Kalamaras

Brandon,

I've used both FSX SP2 (deluxe) and FSX Acceleration on WIndows 7 64-bit. Both are, therefore, compatible.

Brandon Garcia

Lefteris,

Thank you.

Brandon

Brandon,

I've used both FSX SP2 (deluxe) and FSX Acceleration on WIndows 7 64-bit. Both are, therefore, compatible.

• 7 months later...
FishesSwimIFly

Waddup Guys,

I wanted to ask one question. I'm thinking of making my own powered pc to play FSX or Microsoft Flight. My old computer is ok..., but I don't get that realistic feeling when I'm flying around the world. These are my specs for my new comp:

AMD3+ Motherboard

AMD FX 8 core processo

16GB RAM

GeForce GTX 590ti

23 inch monitor

1tb sata drive

and also I would like to ask which joystick should I use? any choices?