Fsx Texture Fix Version 1.0

Lutz70

Dear Flight Sim Labs Team,

I recently installed a new PC with Win7-SP1 and dedicated this system exceptionally for the use of "FSX De Luxe" and "FSX Accelleration". In order to get the highest performance I bought a system which incorporates the new i7-2600 Intel processor along with 8Gbyte RAM FSB 1600/1330 and an ASUS Eyfinity 6 graphics module driving 3 Samsung 23" displays via active display adaptors in stretched mode 5760x1080x32. The System runs on a 160Gbyte SSD.

Still I do not get the performance I am expecting.

On the first use of your software to solve dissapearing textures I came across the information on your "Operating System" dialog which, among other info's, says: (Multiprocessor Free). The Intel i7-2600 is a 4 core / 8 CPU processor.

On the other hand, reading through the fsx.cfg I find: ProcSpeed=7684 and PerfBucket=7. Because of the performance issue I spent a lot of time going through various flight sim blogs finding out that other systems are marked for ProcSpeed between 10000 and 14000. I also learned that the ProcSpeed parameter is calculated at first run of FSX so that the system performance can be evaluated before the fsx.cfg parameter will be set.

Windows 7 Experience Index is 7.0 as the lowest subscore which is the SSD disk, the processor got 7.6 as well as the memory and the graphics module got 7.8. I think this should be more than sufficiant to run the Simulator decently (no stutters, no texture pop-ups or disappearances, high frames rates, detailed lands scapes (no cornered mountain envelopes), no blurred textures etc.

My question is: does FSX recognize the Multiprocessor in my system? (as stated in the dialog box of your software it says: Multiprocessor Free).

I might just mis-interprete this information. I tried to change the AffinityMask to 254 leaving CPU 0 for the main task, BufferPools off, but I hardly find a difference. Frame rates jumping up and down, even at a limit of 20.

I would appreciate if you could enlighten me on this topic.

Kind regards

Oskar Wagner

Well, are you aware that you are talking of a 6 million pixel display with a processor-heavy system which means that the graphics adaptor is not really taking it's share to "produce" the picture? Furthermore FSX does not support hyperthreading so you will rarely see more than the 4 main cores be busy at 100%. Some of the hyperthreading cores however might help in running add-on software as well as the OS. The highest score I can see on my machine is around 67% which is 4 main cores and one of the hyperthreading cores being active.

I was dreaming of something similar that you use but I have finally set back those dreams until (eventually) a new Simulator is on the market :rolleyes: I currently use one HDTV 50" screen as the main screen on one graphics adaptor (planning to upgrade to something bigger) and one 23" for systems display on the second adaptor with so to say "acceptable" quality. One day I will even try to find out whether the second graphics card is slowing down the system and whether I should connect both screens to one adaptor :lol: Nevertheless I keep looking forward to anything that will give more performance on FSX - whatever it may be :D Miracles might happen...

Unfortunately there is NO alternative at present that would allow multi screen use.

Oskar

Hi Smiffy,

Thanks for your swift reply. The tool you are linking to has been tried already with unfortunately no success. The performance became even worse.

Kinf regards Lutz70

Well, are you aware that you are talking of a 6 million pixel display with a processor-heavy system which means that the graphics adaptor is not really taking it's share to "produce" the picture? Furthermore FSX does not support hyperthreading so you will rarely see more than the 4 main cores be busy at 100%. Some of the hyperthreading cores however might help in running add-on software as well as the OS. The highest score I can see on my machine is around 67% which is 4 main cores and one of the hyperthreading cores being active.

I was dreaming of something similar that you use but I have finally set back those dreams until (eventually) a new Simulator is on the market :rolleyes: I currently use one HDTV 50" screen as the main screen on one graphics adaptor (planning to upgrade to something bigger) and one 23" for systems display on the second adaptor with so to say "acceptable" quality. One day I will even try to find out whether the second graphics card is slowing down the system and whether I should connect both screens to one adaptor :lol: Nevertheless I keep looking forward to anything that will give more performance on FSX - whatever it may be :D Miracles might happen...

Unfortunately there is NO alternative at present that would allow multi screen use.

Oskar

Hi Oskar,

first of all thanks to you.

As you have red already my answer to Smiffy there seems to be no tweak for my system configuration. I dreamed from something which, according to your explanations, cannot be accomplished -for now- until there will be a new FS which will take advantage of the modern features the new processor generation provides. So I have to dream on and wait.

Best wishes for your future system and happy (simulated) flying

Lutz70