Does This Worry You?

Concorde-X

Hey there everyone, I was just reading on some random stuff about planes on the internet when I came across these videos' of Air Crash Investigations: http://www.youtube.c...jQg&feature=fvw . Air Crash Investigations is a series of videos on youtube or on TV on National Geographic that shows horrible accidents, why they happend, and how.

Just a question though. Does anyone here ever worry about being an airline pilot and something like this happening to you? What I mean is that my goal in life is to be an airline pilot but it scares the crap out of me to think about what could and does happen up there...

Just thought I'd share these videos with you guys so you can see what I see to be one of the most amazing pilots in the world.

Hope you enjoy :)

Not sure if it was in that series or another one - Pilot quote "I fear the drive to the airport more than any flight"

More risk crossing the road apparently lol

True but when you're up there and something happens, not much you can do but your abnormal checklist and to descend,., But it does go both ways and I think you kind of are safer up there in a way.

An airline pilot must ensure he works for a company with operations risk management in mind, that his training is proper, and that his PF and PIC are functioning properly. He then should be safe.

Ivan Kovacevic

True but when you're up there and something happens, not much you can do but your abnormal checklist and to descend,., But it does go both ways and I think you kind of are safer up there in a way.

I don't think you're quite getting the point of what Cuddly was trying to say.

Apparently, you are more likely to get killed crossing the road or driving a car than flying on a plane. You say 'not much you can do' up there, but there's also not much you can do if a drunk driver plows his 3 ton vehicle into ya at a crosswalk.

I don't think you're quite getting the point of what Cuddly was trying to say.

Apparently, you are more likely to get killed crossing the road or driving a car than flying on a plane. You say 'not much you can do' up there, but there's also not much you can do if a drunk driver plows his 3 ton vehicle into ya at a crosswalk.

That is true but that's like instant death. When you lose all hydraulic pressure, you know you're going down ( in most occasions ) and you have to live through the moment which would suck!