Sign in to follow this  
MELKOR

Bug Report: Fsl Dlls Interfere With Pmdg Random Failures!

MELKOR

I recently discovered that if the three FSL DLLs are listed in the FSX dll.xml, Random Failures in PMDG products (747X and MD11X) no longer function.

If I comment out the three FSL DLLs in dll.xml as per the following: Voila! PMDG Random Failures start to work again.

<!--

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSLOptions</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>FSLabs\DLLs\FSLOptions.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSLEvents</Name>

<Path>FSLabs\DLLs\FSLEvents.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSLSounds</Name>

<Path>FSLabs\DLLs\FSLSounds.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon> 

--> 

Knowing a bit about the origins of the FSL DLLs, I can see how such a conflict might occur...

Any chance of a fix making it into Service Pack 3? Will there even BE a service pack 3?

Thanks,

- Bill

denerin

I just spent the half the day trying to figure out why may random failures for PMDG aircrafts didn’t work. Since I have a lot of 3rd party aircrafts it’s quite time consuming searching all forums or as in my case, one by one preventing dll’s from being loaded on FSX startup. Shouldn’t this be addressed with a patch or, at least, mentioned in the manual or pinned in the forum as a compatibility issue? It is a little bit annoying having to figure out everything yourself.

Thanks,

Henrik Denerin

Charan Kumar

When using another payware product, the listing of FSInn (VATSIM) caused a problem. This didn't require me to remove it out, but just move to the end (I look at it as change of order). This is particularly true about FSInn and payware, that FSinn always be the last in priority.

I don't use failures, so I am not aware of what is going on above, but I am just suggesting you try changing the order of where PMDG dlls are listed within the dll.xml and see if it helps. I haven't tried this, but I have done the above to know that it makes a huge difference. As always, save a copy of your current dll.xml before you attempt the change.

Or, just use two different versions of dll.xml and switch to the one you want when flying that acft.

denerin

Changing the order within dll.xml, i.e. moving PMDG 3 dll files to the bottom actually solved the problem, but introduced a new one. Now the arming of failures and random failures of the ConcordeX doesn’t work. So, problem inverted ;)

This, however, is better for me since I don’t use failures when flying Concorde (it’s hard enough for me to master anyway), and since I have printed FCOM and QRH of both the MD-11 and 747 it makes more sense for me that random failures for the PMDG products work correctly.

Thanks a lot for the tip!!

,Henrik Denerin

ddo2

Question: if you like using failures in both, then what is the solution? Is the solution to comment the FSL lines when flying a PMDG and then restore them when flying FSL? In other words, edit and re-edit the file depending on what you intend to fly?

Charan Kumar

Question: if you like using failures in both, then what is the solution? Is the solution to comment the FSL lines when flying a PMDG and then restore them when flying FSL? In other words, edit and re-edit the file depending on what you intend to fly?

Well either that, or you make two dll.xml files with the respective dlls commented out. move the dll.xml file you want into the folder before starting FSX and it should take care of it.

Developers come up with the best way they think that their product will work with FSX and there isn't a standard in how to approach it as FSX really sux at that. As we want to enjoy both the products, or how many ever, we are going to have to find ways, just like they did :)

This, however, is better for me since I don’t use failures when flying Concorde ....

I don't either...I am happy to get her up in the air and down at her destination safely and to the stand I intend to go to :D

ddo2

Thanks, guys. I've been trolling these forums for a few days because I'm thinking of buying and I've been burned by buggy birds before, so I tend to be cautious. This looked like a deal killer, because I use the PMDG failures a lot. But if I can use the PMDG failures and run the FSL (but not its failures), then this looks like an accpetable work around.

Craig Baillie

I tell you what, I might be biased but if the choice was to have no Concorde but use pmdg random failures or have the concorde and not use PMDG random failures...no contest, Concorde all the time! :P

I would say the simplest way to ensure enjoyment of both is to go down the line of two .dll files, if you then want to make it even easier you can then create something like a .bat file to copy the file appropriate to the aircraft and subsequently launch fsx.

Sign in to follow this