A330

mohamed makhlouf

mohamed makhlouf

Hello FSlabs , is it true that what I herd that you will be doeing the A330 ? 

And if that's true , then how long you think it will take to be completed ?

Norman Blackburn

Hello Mohamed,

You did indeed hear correct.  You can see it annouced here.  

Sorry we don't ever give timelines. 
(We did once and the person who did has never lived it down.)

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Pablo Prada
Hello Mohamed,
You did indeed hear correct.  You can see it annouced here.  
Sorry we don't ever give timelines. 
(We did once and the person who did has never lived it down.)

Norman,

Will you include 2D option like in the A320 series? That would be great. Still lot of people using 2D panels.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Norman Blackburn
5 hours ago, Pablo Prada said:

Will you include 2D option like in the A320 series? That would be great. Still lot of people using 2D panels.

Hi Pablo,

Options change.  Just because something is available - or not - today doesn't mean things will stay or change by release. 

2 hours ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Still ... what?
I highly doubt that :D 

Personally I still use 2D panels as quick pop ups however looking at MSFS such options really don't exist.

• Like 5
Pablo Prada
Personally I still use 2D panels as quick pop ups however looking at MSFS such options really don't exist.

Thanks Norman!

I personally don’t use MSFS. P3D looks really good for me and I don’t see the reason to move to MSFS.

I thought there will be a version of the A330 for P3D. That’s why I was wondering the 2D option.

Personally I only fly with 2D. Much easier for me and with your 2D panels looks really nice.

I reject to buy lot of aircrafts for P3D just because they don’t have 2D option. Hope to see panels in the P3D version. For my personal point of view that will be the answer for buy or not!

Anyway, many thanks for your time and for the best add on ever seen in FS. ( More than 20 years in the FS world)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

À chacun son goût, Pablo, but the VC in the FSLabs A320 is lovely - it seems you’re limiting your own experience by staying with 2D panels only. And despite the current weaknesses in MSFS, the VC in an FSlabs MSFS Airbus is going to look absolutely beautiful, I’m sure.

41 minutes ago, John Price said:

À chacun son goût, Pablo,

Correct.

What a waste FSLabs in MSFS.

You don't put champagne in a plastic cup.

but,alas,like you said,each to their own.Just like Marmite.

• Confused 1

In fairness, we don’t know yet to what extent FsLabs have been able to circumvent the issues or limitations in the sim; I suspect they will be able to do a lot with it and it’ll be far from a waste.

I understand what you mean, but I don’t think P3D can be compared to a cut glass champagne flute either - I shudder to think how much I’ve spent to make P3D look a tenth as good as MSFS does out of the box.

• Like 2

Hello alltogether,

are there any news which version of the A330 will be developed? E. g. A330-300 or A330-900 NEO. If there are any information it would be kind if you can share that.

Best regards and have a nice weekend

Stefan

Norman Blackburn

Hi Stefan

We have not said anything as yet other than what is in the announcement thread.  We will of course share more in due course.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, John Price said:

À chacun son goût, Pablo, but the VC in the FSLabs A320 is lovely - it seems you’re limiting your own experience by staying with 2D panels only. And despite the current weaknesses in MSFS, the VC in an FSlabs MSFS Airbus is going to look absolutely beautiful, I’m sure.

I’m not saying 2D as an ONLY option. I’m only wondering if there will be such option for those who still fly 2D. 

I know lot of us still use 2D.
But yes VC in fslabs is brillant. In P3D and also in MSFS will be amazing. No doubts. Nothing like FSLabs out there.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Lothar Gentzsch

I have just taken part in Navigraph's 2022 survey. Unfortunately, there was no FSLab product listed that could have been evaluated. The company FSLab was not mentioned at all. This shows the sad development of the once so popular software manufacturer.  :(

However, I would like to mention that I answered the question about future wishes with the wish for an A330 from FSLab. Maybe Father Christmas will read this wish list.

• Like 5
Alexander Polcher
1 hour ago, Lothar Gentzsch said:

I have just taken part in Navigraph's 2022 survey. Unfortunately, there was no FSLab product listed that could have been evaluated. The company FSLab was not mentioned at all. This shows the sad development of the once so popular software manufacturer.  :(

However, I would like to mention that I answered the question about future wishes with the wish for an A330 from FSLab. Maybe Father Christmas will read this wish list.

Same here. I was quite annoyed as well I didn't see FSL mentioned in this survey anywhere.

• Like 1
Thierry Nguepdjo

As much as I love FSLabs products, they sort of this bring this on themselves with their snail pace development and absolute lack of any communication as if their products are top secret classified material. It is, indeed, a bit annoying. I filled out the "what are you looking forward to" box on the survey with the FSlabs A330 as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Dominik Jensen

Well, that's always the question, weather it's a good idea for a developer to always communicate what they are doing. We now know they are doing the A320neo, the A330 and the Concorde, first for P3d and then for MSFS - whereas for the A330, I didn't properly understand whather a P3d version is really planned (?).

I don't know, what else I should know so far. It's not that it goes faster if the forum is crowded with daily questions like "When will it be released?", "Will you include livery XX YY?", "Will you include tray tables in the cabin and selectable movies for a cabin IFE?".... Just look at the Aerosoft forums, how much time is wasted for asking the same things again and again. FSLabs has always convinced 100% by quality and "completeness". Not by fast releases, wide spread advertisement about half-working things... and for customers who pay them 200-300€ for an aircraft series, that's the right way to go, I think.

Honestly, I'm still using P3d a lot, besides MSFS. But I've stopped investments into P3d only now, not because it would be bad, but because I have nearly everything there I ever wanted. If any of the further Airbusses by FSL comes out for P3d, I would still make the investment, because the infrastructure to use a high end aircraft is already perfect. And I have no doubt that I will fly it 70% of the time compared to ALL the other aircraft I've bought so far. I would also buy the MSFS version as well for the same reasons and save the money for it by avoiding cheap eye-candy junk that I would use 3x and then put into the hangar forever.

So, as long as they bring out an outstanding A330 and A320neo and they are doing OK in terms of marketing, I see nothing wrong there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Thierry Nguepdjo

I think there could (and should) be a balance between something like Aerosoft with their forums and the complete lack of information here. We don't even need to be updated as frequently as a certain company that does Boeings. That said, some sort of update every quarter would be nice instead of once a year.

• Like 3
  • 4 months later...
Norman Blackburn
1 minute ago, Djones Loch said:

Any news on the development of the A330? 

Work continues but there is nothing more to share at this time.  Thanks for your enquiry!

• Like 2
Norman Blackburn
30 minutes ago, Orman Upton said:

Was it ever specified whether the A330 will be released for P3d and MSFS or strictly MSFS? 

No mention of sim was made.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Charles Kiel

I was late to the A320 party... But I will be buying the neo and of course the A330. 

I just hope it is also available for p3dV4 because it's gonna be a pain to transfer all my add-ons to v5

• 3 weeks later...
Yannes Börstler

Hi, are there any news on the versions of the A330?

Will there be the A330ceo and/or the A330neo ?

And will there be the small variants (200/800) with the additional fuel tank and also the big ones (300/900) configurable with or without the additional tank (and maybe the A330-200/300 with the 242t MTOW) ?

Hoping for a P3DV5 version here^^

Mossa Diallo
On 5/9/2023 at 2:50 PM, Charles Kiel said:

I was late to the A320 party... But I will be buying the neo and of course the A330. 

I just hope it is also available for p3dV4 because it's gonna be a pain to transfer all my add-ons to v5

I just made the switch from V4.5 to V5.3 and I couldn't recommend it enough. I've been waiting for years now since I hate updating.

Active Sky needs to be bought again for 30 EUR.

ORBX Global and OpenLC Europe : Need to migrate the addons to an outside library, reinstall and that's it.

FSLabs A320 needs to be reinstalled and FMS Navigraph Data is reset.

Simlink, Volanta plugin are a quick reinstallation.

It took me a few hours but the results are incredible : 45fps in the air, +10fps on dense approach (Paris Orly, Amsterdam). The sky looks amazing with Enhanced Atmo activated. Even the 320 looks better with the new textures and HDR lighting.

(I have a Ryzen 5 3600 (soon to be switched to 7800x3D and a RTX 3080).

PS : Also waiting for the A330, since I have the TCA quadrant I can't really fly Boeing anymore..

Rémy Vidali

I think a lot of us are waiting for a quality A330.

Fslabs will certainly be there.

This will be the end of Boeing long-haul flights (for me! :lol:)

• 9 months later...
Dave Taylor

Individually, I will not be purchasing an MSFS (X-Box) game version.

Will the 'P3D version' still, be made?

• Like 1