Overhead panel switches

Allan RG Kidd

Allan RG Kidd

I am trying to set up physical buttons to work these switches.

As an example, I note that the "CREW SUPPLY" button uses the following code (log file from SPAD.NEXT) to activate / deactivate the button by clicking the mouse on the overhead panel and the LED turns ON/OFF as expected:

LVAR,LVAR:FSL_PRECIP_BASE_DIFFUSE_FRAME_9,FSL_PRECIP_BASE_DIFFUSE_FRAME_9 (LVAR),2,63
LVAR,LVAR:FSL_PRECIP_BASE_DIFFUSE_FRAME_9,FSL_PRECIP_BASE_DIFFUSE_FRAME_9 (LVAR),63,2
LVAR,LVAR:VC_OVHD_OXY_CREW_SUPPLY_BUTTON,VC_OVHD_OXY_CREW_SUPPLY_Button (LVAR),0,10
LVAR,LVAR:FSL_PRECIP_BASE_DIFFUSE_FRAME_9,FSL_PRECIP_BASE_DIFFUSE_FRAME_9 (LVAR),2,63
LVAR,LVAR:FSL_PRECIP_BASE_DIFFUSE_FRAME_9,FSL_PRECIP_BASE_DIFFUSE_FRAME_9 (LVAR),63,2
LVAR,LVAR:VC_OVHD_OXY_CREW_SUPPLY_BUTTON,VC_OVHD_OXY_CREW_SUPPLY_Button (LVAR),10,0

When I send the 2 lines below, the LED on the button on the overhead display moves up a short distance but does not turn off.

VC_OVHD_OXY_CREW_SUPPLY_Button value 10

VC_OVHD_OXY_CREW_SUPPLY_Button value 0

Sending the 2 lines below moves the LED moves back down.

VC_OVHD_OXY_CREW_SUPPLY_Button value 1

VC_OVHD_OXY_CREW_SUPPLY_Button value 10

Any thoughts on how to correctly send the required codes?

Allan

Allan RG Kidd

I am obviously missing something. I have tried sending these instructions with both SPAD.NEXT and Honeycomb Configurator with the same result.

I have also tried a short delay (100 millisecond) between each instruction.

I have tried many of the square buttons on the overhead panel with the appropriate LVAR - I cannot get any to work.

I guess the two LVARs are to simulate the press and release of the button.

LVARs used on other cockpit components (not press buttons) such as pedestal work.

I would really appreciate a way of working LVARs with these press buttons.

Allan