Spotlight didn't save and also download issue?

Sascha Hoehle

Sascha Hoehle

Hello Guys,

I tried to use Spotlights for my brand new PC with brand new P3D v5 (5.3.17.28160) and brand new FSLabs installation. I downloaded manually the Spotlight Version 5.0.03 (FSLabs_SpotLights_v5.0.0.3). After installation I checked the Version into the Spotlight Menu and I can see Version 5.0.0.1 instead of 3. Do you know why?

In addition I changed some Figures in the Spotlight, clicking on Save, closing and Restart Spotlight and all Changes are lost.

Do you have any ideas? I didnt got any failure within installation or using the Aircraft but it seems that there is something totaly wrong.

The Simulator and also the A320 works fine, so no failure by running the Simulation per se.

Thanks for your help

Hardware & Software Items:

Intel i7-10700k @3.8GHz/ 16GB RAM/ NVIDIA GeForce RTX3060/ Samsung EVO SSD

Windows 10 Pro 21H1/ Prepar3D v5.3.17.28160/ FSL Airbus A320-X v5.0.1.187/ FSL Airbus A321-X v5.0.1.184/ Orbx/ REX Skyforce/ Active Sky

Edited by Sascha Hoehle
adding Hard/Software items
Norman Blackburn

Hi Sascha

Make sure you actually downloaded .3. The download link gives you options.

image.png

You can not make changes to spotlight config files for any of our aircraft hence your findings.

Sascha Hoehle
21 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

You can not make changes to spotlight config files for any of our aircraft hence your findings.

Hey Norman,

yes I understood that, but I expect to change the things within the Spotlight direct and that also didnt work?!

Anyhow, I deinstalled it manually, loaded the Version 0.3 down selected a brand new Folder for installing, but the result is fully complete the same.

If I open Spotlights then, Version shown is 0.1 without saving my changes at least. Aircraft was detected correct, but that seems really crazy...

Norman Blackburn
11 hours ago, Sascha Hoehle said:

but I expect to change the things within the Spotlight direct and that also didnt work?!

As mentioned Sascha, you cant make changes to spotlights in our aircraft.  Thats either in a cfg or using the application.

Sascha Hoehle

aaah okay, no I understood... no changes via Spotloght possible.

Then I will try it out via the CFG File.

Thank you

Norman Blackburn
10 hours ago, Sascha Hoehle said:

Then I will try it out via the CFG File.

You won’t find any changes possible.  At all.  The cfg in our planes is written internally.