Cabin Secure immediately after pushback

Jose Ignacio Rodriguez

Jose Ignacio Rodriguez

Hello to all the community!

I've noted in my recent flights after the last update, that the "Cabin Secure" message appears immediately after pushback is complete - even if the safety briefing PA is still ongoing. This was not the case before, indeed at smaller airports I even had to defer takeoff until receiving the cabin secure message.

Has anybody noticed this as well?

Tom van der Elst

I do not have that problem in p3d4.5

Andre Da S Marinho

As a cabin Crew myself it happens that we give cabin secured right after push. And the safety video is still running.

I learned something on the jumpseat of the actual A320 

For the no cabine secured they called the cabin before TO as the cabin ready was still blue in the ECAM.

Them for the ecam memo item on the BTO check list they responded takeoff one blue and moved on.

Marvin Toepfer
13 minutes ago, Andre Da S Marinho said:

...we give cabin secured right after push. And the safety video is still running.

...that gives me goosebumps :lol:

• Like 1
Jose Ignacio Rodriguez
4 hours ago, Andre Da S Marinho said:

As a cabin Crew myself it happens that we give cabin secured right after push. And the safety video is still running.

I learned something on the jumpseat of the actual A320 

For the no cabine secured they called the cabin before TO as the cabin ready was still blue in the ECAM.

Them for the ecam memo item on the BTO check list they responded takeoff one blue and moved on.

Thank you Andre for your input, it seems logical to me.

I wonder if with the latest update of the FSLabs A319/20/21 - regardless of being WTF or Sharklets - this was modified accordingly, because I don’t recall this was happening before 

Marvin Toepfer

@Jose Ignacio Rodriguez if you get the cabin ready message right after/during pushback and the safety briefing is still ongoing, it is not correct. To clear things up, I suggest to have a look into your airframe config and/or fltsim.cfg to see which of the cabin ready logics is installed in your aircraft.

also as cabin crew/senior cabin crew myself for 12yrs, I can tell you that giving a cabin secure while the safety video / demo is still ongoing, is the worst you can do and if your company does that ( @Andre Da S Marinho) I would ask again if that is really the policy.

Why? Its simple: in a safety briefing the equipment of the aircraft is mentioned as well as the brace position. imagine the cockpit crew has a really short taxi, got already the cabin secure and they are taking off....you hear a lound bang, RTO and left wing in flames. Do pax know what to do? How to open exits? How to evacuate?

They don't. Therefore, never ever give a cabin ready if the cabin is NOT ready.

Jose Ignacio Rodriguez

It is

" cids_cabin_call=1 " 

but I guess this triggers Norman's interphone call to notify that cabin is ready, isn't it?

Marvin Toepfer
21 minutes ago, Jose Ignacio Rodriguez said:

It is

" cids_cabin_call=1 " 

but I guess this triggers Norman's interphone call to notify that cabin is ready, isn't it?

Can be, I dont know by heart if its 0, 1 or 2. But is it the same in all files?

Andre Heilscher
On 1/12/2022 at 1:14 PM, Jose Ignacio Rodriguez said:

Hello to all the community!

I've noted in my recent flights after the last update, that the "Cabin Secure" message appears immediately after pushback is complete - even if the safety briefing PA is still ongoing. This was not the case before, indeed at smaller airports I even had to defer takeoff until receiving the cabin secure message.

Has anybody noticed this as well?

I didn't notice a "cabin secure" during the safety briefing. But sometimes I also get an early response with the "cabin secure" message. That mostly happens when there is low passenger load, so the crew will be faster. What is your number of passengers on such a flight?

Andre Da S Marinho
1 hour ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

@Jose Ignacio Rodriguez if you get the cabin ready message right after/during pushback and the safety briefing is still ongoing, it is not correct. To clear things up, I suggest to have a look into your airframe config and/or fltsim.cfg to see which of the cabin ready logics is installed in your aircraft.

also as cabin crew/senior cabin crew myself for 12yrs, I can tell you that giving a cabin secure while the safety video / demo is still ongoing, is the worst you can do and if your company does that ( @Andre Da S Marinho) I would ask again if that is really the policy.

Why? Its simple: in a safety briefing the equipment of the aircraft is mentioned as well as the brace position. imagine the cockpit crew has a really short taxi, got already the cabin secure and they are taking off....you hear a loud bang, RTO and left wing in flames. Do pax know what to do? How to open exits? How to evacuate?

They don't. Therefore, never ever give a cabin ready if the cabin is NOT ready.

My bad !!!! You are right. We have to wait. During the last part of the video witch says "for more information address to the cabin crew"  we can give cabin secured.

Even if we know that pax never pay attention to the safety video unfortunately for them :unsure: 

Thanks for reminding me. Always learning

Jose Ignacio Rodriguez
16 minutes ago, Andre Heilscher said:

I didn't notice a "cabin secure" during the safety briefing. But sometimes I also get an early response with the "cabin secure" message. That mostly happens when there is low passenger load, so the crew will be faster. What is your number of passengers on such a flight?

I'd say that around 70% load factor