Jump to content

new simbrief item called baggage weight


Koen Meier

Recommended Posts

Koen Meier

Recently simbrief introduced a new item called baggage weight. might be good to rework your airframes in simbrief if people use those.

IBl6d.png

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Ross McDonagh

Took a look at this last night-if you leave it at 230lb/104kg per pax like FSL has recommended-it’ll still load bags as the 50lb if you set the weight it will do it seperate.  Good for low cost high density operations where you could bump into MLW limits etc. 

Link to comment
Stu Antonio

It's a bit strange, come to think of it.

So before we could set only the pax weight and if we wanted to add bag weight, we just added it there. So 84kg (what the FSL uses) + 20kg = 104kg for pax weight.
With 100 passengers, that gave you 8400kg pax and 2000kg cargo in the FSLabs.

Now you can do it separately, but the outcome is the same. You can now set 84kg pax weight and 20kg baggage weight,
but you'll still (with 100 passengers) get 8400kg pax and 2000kg cargo

So what is this good for? Am I missing something? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Tom van der Elst
1 hour ago, Stu Antonio said:

So what is this good for? Am I missing something? 

It is what I too keep wondering about.

Mayhaps perbe it is just a realism thingy, I can't see it otherwise.

Link to comment
John Armstrong
33 minutes ago, Tom van der Elst said:

It is what I too keep wondering about.

Mayhaps perbe it is just a realism thingy, I can't see it otherwise.

The airline i used to work for years ago had separate weight between regulars and heavies obviously its not going to be 100 percent but they based it off average .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Stu Antonio
13 minutes ago, John Armstrong said:

The airline i used to work for years ago had separate weight between regulars and heavies obviously its not going to be 100 percent but they based it off average .

Yeah, but this was also possible before by just adding whatever to the pax weight for each airframe.... 

IDK, maybe it's just to clear things up a bit.

 

Link to comment
John Armstrong
8 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Yeah, but this was also possible before by just adding whatever to the pax weight for each airframe.... 

IDK, maybe it's just to clear things up a bit.

 

i was just calculating my bags times the weight and putting it in the freight option the whole time,which i probably will keep doing because you know 1 person might bring 2 or 3 bags, some people none.

Link to comment
Stu Antonio
2 minutes ago, John Armstrong said:

i was just calculating my bags times the weight and putting it in the freight option the whole time,which i probably will keep doing because you know 1 person might bring 2 or 3 bags, some people none.

I use to do that too, but in terms of realism, this is actually not really how it works (so I've learned myself) because dispatch of course wouldn't know how many bags the passengers will check in or how heavy they will be beforehand. That will be on the loadsheet later on. So the OFP usually just lists passenger numbers booked (some of them at least) and estimate the rest with the use of standard weights. That's why the load sheet is usually not 100% like the OFP...

 

Link to comment
John Ruisch

It seems to me that it is pax + luggage on average, you can now add freight separately. It would have been nice to see pax-bag-fr.

Link to comment
×
×
  • Create New...